Sponsored

How long does a first mile test drive location stay?

RivianRad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Occupation
Physician
Clubs

Hey all,

put in a reservation for the R1S, and they invited me to a first mile test drive, but it’s 3 hours away from where I live. They won’t let me test drive at the service center in the city I live in. How long does it take for them to rotate test drive locations? Wondering if I should hold out until they have a spot closer to me. Any info helps
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I would advise to take advantage of the opportunity available. There is no way to know when or if an opportunity closer to you will ever be an option. That's assuming you want to ensure a test drive prior to taking delivery.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
contact CS and keep contacting until you get what you want. It's unreasonable for them to expect you to drive 3 hours when there's a SC near you. when do you expect to get the car? if you have time-keep pushing. also, there are plenty of nice ppl here that would most probably show you their car.

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
contact CS and keep contacting until you get what you want. It's unreasonable for them to expect you to drive 3 hours when there's a SC near you. when do you expect to get the car? if you have time-keep pushing. also, there are plenty of nice ppl here that would most probably show you their car.
I second this. My First Mile invitation was (is) out of Brooklyn, which is only about 120 miles away, but often takes the better part of fours hours to get to. In my considerable experience as a motorist in NYC, I can safely report that it is not an environment you'd choose for a test drive for any vehicle, let alone a Rivian.

I was eventually able to get the First Mile changed to VA (Fredricksburg), slightly more miles to drive to, but less time and most importantly, a far better location for a test drive. It's also worth noting that the First Mile invitation showed up a few months ago and is still in the Inbox on my account. In theory, I can register for another First Mile, though as I mentioned, the invitation is for Brooklyn. Not clear that this is case for all however.

OP
OP

RivianRad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Occupation
Physician
Clubs

put the reservation on December 2022, so probably have a decent amount of time before I get close to delivery. I’ll give CS a call and see what I can do to get it switched. It seems like the first mile invites are either at service centers or future planned ones.

WhidbeyIsland

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Lexus RX350 & 2023 R1T
Occupation
Retired!
So.. I live north of Seattle... and had to drive 4 hours to Portland, OR for my First drive. Seems the Washington State Dealers assoc. got a law on the books baring same day sales (or test drives) without a local dealer site. So, even though there is a Rivian SC in Bellevue (east of Seattle), it is not a 'Dealer'. So Portland is where I went.
Sponsored