Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
Thanks for posting.

I'm definitely thinking of hedging my bets with a preorder for the Ford. It feels like they are going to be able to ramp up production pretty quick. I like the ergonomics and potential for after sales service. I really want a mid size pickup like the Rivian so am hoping that they get their production on track.
Guessing that my R1T will be this time 2023, so if Ford can ramp up the production, it might be close.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for posting.

I'm definitely thinking of hedging my bets with a preorder for the Ford. It feels like they are going to be able to ramp up production pretty quick. I like the ergonomics and potential for after sales service. I really want a mid size pickup like the Rivian so am hoping that they get their production on track.
Guessing that my R1T will be this time 2023, so if Ford can ramp up the production, it might be close.
If you do not already have a reservation does not look like you can get a truck before 2025. They have 200k reservations and plan to build 150k through 2024.

Rivian R1T R1S How Ford’s F-150 Lightning stacks up against Rivian and Hummer electric pickups FBD09B94-310F-4BB5-9479-6D12A6D8D3A8

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
I hear on these forums how many people have reservations on multiple trucks all hedging their bets. I wonder how common that is in reality. Because it could easily free up a lot of capacity as people keep their first one, or flip the first and keep the second. The point is that the reservation to purchase rate may be lower than previous reservations like the Tesla Model 3, when there were no other options.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I hear on these forums how many people have reservations on multiple trucks all hedging their bets. I wonder how common that is in reality. Because it could easily free up a lot of capacity as people keep their first one, or flip the first and keep the second. The point is that the reservation to purchase rate may be lower than previous reservations like the Tesla Model 3, when there were no other options.
I think it's pretty widespread. But if supply remains low compared to demand, we'll probably see a lot of "flipping" too... So where people may have intended on only following through on one of their reservations, they may follow through on more with intent to sell all but one.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

If you do not already have a reservation does not look like you can get a truck before 2025. They have 200k reservations and plan to build 150k through 2024.

FBD09B94-310F-4BB5-9479-6D12A6D8D3A8.jpeg
Probably longer due to chips...

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I think it's pretty widespread. But if supply remains low compared to demand, we'll probably see a lot of "flipping" too... So where people may have intended on only following through on one of their reservations, they may follow through on more with intent to sell all but one.
That's the monster that was created as a result of the new reservation/purchasing process.
Sponsored