Sponsored

How do you lock when in RTT? (Hit and run)

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

@jjswan33 I spoke too soon about my better half approving the RTT, she's back on the fence. Reason #37 I DESPISE RV PARKS: we just had a hit run while IN the RTT. Thankfully the bike rack took the damage, but the grander issue is nothing was caught by Gear Guard Gary because we didn't lock the truck.

What do y'all other Rivian RTTers or bedcampers do to lock it if you're up in the tent? We were concerned about setting off the alarm by rolling around in the night, and I'm a light sleeper so I wasn't worried about any theft...Yet here we are.

Rivian R1T R1S How do you lock when in RTT? (Hit and run) PXL_20230606_052035112~2

It's definitely locked now, I'll report if we accidently set off the alarm.
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Does no one have any honor or common courtesy anymore?

Society is definitely in a low period right now.

iforbes

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
APRN
Clubs

The answer is “yes!” People do have honor and common courtesy. But no one jumps online to write about them. And if they did no one would read it because we prefer to bitch and complain.

tjmsquared

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Macan
Okay, I tried Google, but I've got no idea what "RTT"means in this context, can someone clue me in?

Google says it is either:
  • Real Time Text
  • Rapid Transformational Therapy
  • Round Trip Time
None of these make sense.

Sponsored

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Okay, I tried Google, but I've got no idea what "RTT"means in this context, can someone clue me in?

Google says it is either:
  • Real Time Text
  • Rapid Transformational Therapy
  • Round Trip Time
None of these make sense.
Try a little harder, it's there. Add "Rivian" and you'd get answer.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

For the better judgment of society "which is getting harder to do these days" maybe they didn't feel it and didn't know they tapped you? if they were in a class A motor home and that light aluminum bike rake in the night?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I try to pick sites that don't have another site that back up to it, and park as deep into the lot as I can justify. I hadn't been locking up my bikes but I probably should be.

I don't have gear guard alarm on, I'm pretty sure it's not necessary to get proximity motion videos.

Rivian R1T R1S How do you lock when in RTT? (Hit and run) 1686053757772

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

For the better judgment of society "which is getting harder to do these days" maybe they didn't feel it and didn't know they tapped you? if they were in a class A motor home and that light aluminum bike rake in the night?
They definitely knew what they did. We were awake reading before bed. It was a hatchback, crossover, or small SUV. It was hard enough to rock us. We watched them drive off. I really couldn't believe it just happened by the time I got up and jumped out. I tried running in my skivvies after them but they kept going.

@Dark-Fx I mentioned in another thread, I'm only here to be near my in-laws. I had a forested campground with site parking off the loop picked out we were going to stay at, but it was a 25 minute bike ride away. Rather than bike constantly to visit, which would possibly lead to less visiting, we decided to just stay behind them in the same slot.

Never again.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I wonder if the park office has any record of who was in that spot? It’s worth asking since you essentially saw it happen.

Sponsored

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Glad your truck wasn't damaged and sorry for the rack.

If this ever happens to me, and GG Gary captures it, I promise to post video to this forum of me running down the road in my skivvies, shaking my fists!

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

To your original question I have always locked my doors at night while staying in the tent or now inside my camper. Never set off the alarm in my time in fact my trucks alarm has only been set off two times and both times my dog was in the back seat making a fuss.

Sorry to hear about the damage and crappy human that did it.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I don't condone the "run" part of that "hit". But I do kinda understand how the "hit" could have occurred. That bike rack would not be very visible in the dark. It might save you some headache, in the future, if you get some cones with reflective tape that you can put a few feet behind your vehicle.

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Never had the alarm go off while in the tent, I wouldn't worry too much about that. I do normally have GG turned off though while camping. I guess if you're in a campground this is q reason to keep it on

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T

OP - Very sorry that happened to you, but glad the damage was relatively minor.

Here in Denver, running from an accident has now become the norm, even when it’s vs a pedestrian or cyclist. Deadly hit and runs have risen nearly 70% in the last 2 years. It’s honestly quite disheartening.

The number of hit-and-runs in Denver grew 21% from 2020 to 2021.

The number of seriously injurious hit-and-runs grew by 24% in 2021 and another 20% in 2022.

Deadly hit-and-runs have increased by 40% more in 2021 than the year before and 29% more in 2022 than in 2021.
Sponsored