How and where can I invest in Rivian Pre-IPO'S

jopa

First Name
Josef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB
Hi Guys, How and where can I invest in Rivian Pre-IPO'S, Thanks!
Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Hi Guys, How and where can I invest in Rivian Pre-IPO'S, Thanks!
PRE IPO... You can put down a U.S. or Canadian preoder for a truck or SUV. Or, in case you have Billions, I would call RJ directly. Other than that you will most likely have to wait until IPO which is undetermined at this time. This Forum has a plethora of info if you don't mind a little reading. Hope you enjoy.

OP
OP

jopa

First Name
Josef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB
PRE IPO... You can put down a U.S. or Canadian preoder for a truck or SUV. Or, in case you have Billions, I would call RJ directly. Other than that you will most likely have to wait until IPO which is undetermined at this time. This Forum has a plethora of info if you don't mind a little reading. Hope you enjoy.
Thanks! I know it will be Not easy to do IPO investing! By the way, think do you heard about
"EquityZen Plattform?! What do you about this Solution? Thanks!

Cam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
A lot more companies are going public via SPAC's versus IPO's recently. These are more accessible to retail investors, but unpredictable regarding what company you may end up investing into.

Lots of information online regarding how these work and the risk/return associated.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
A lot more companies are going public via SPAC's versus IPO's recently. These are more accessible to retail investors, but unpredictable regarding what company you may end up investing into.

Lots of information online regarding how these work and the risk/return associated.
True, but there's only one SPAC I know of with sufficient funds to interest Rivian.

Sponsored

Cam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
True, but there's only one SPAC I know of with sufficient funds to interest Rivian.
Right!

Keep in mind the SPAC also doesnt need to absorb the entire company. If Rivian is worth $25-50B a SPAC can participate in almost any series of group fundraising prior to the public offering.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Right!

Keep in mind the SPAC also doesnt need to absorb the entire company. If Rivian is worth $25-50B a SPAC can participate in almost any series of group fundraising prior to the public offering.
Yes, but the target company would have to really want to go with a specific SPAC management team if they could only offer a fraction of what a much larger SPAC could offer in cash. I've not noticed a top-off PIPE funding be larger than the IPO raised, but I suppose it could be. Regardless, I'd think the target company would be more interested in a SPAC for the relative simplicity of the deal, and there'd have to be some significant weight given to consideration of the one that could offer several billion dollars with publicly stated (via SEC filings) several billion more via prearranged private equity - especially if they think they should be valued at $50 billion as per Bloomberg. "People" used to talk about 15% as the minimal float, but I can't easily find anything at the exchanges listing a percentage, and I recall one SPAC that did an 11% deal recently. A small float makes large trades harder of course, and no publicly traded company should want illiquidity.

Cam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Yes, but the target company would have to really want to go with a specific SPAC management team if they could only offer a fraction of what a much larger SPAC could offer in cash. I've not noticed a top-off PIPE funding be larger than the IPO raised, but I suppose it could be. Regardless, I'd think the target company would be more interested in a SPAC for the relative simplicity of the deal, and there'd have to be some significant weight given to consideration of the one that could offer several billion dollars with publicly stated (via SEC filings) several billion more via prearranged private equity - especially if they think they should be valued at $50 billion as per Bloomberg. "People" used to talk about 15% as the minimal float, but I can't easily find anything at the exchanges listing a percentage, and I recall one SPAC that did an 11% deal recently. A small float makes large trades harder of course, and no publicly traded company should want illiquidity.
Spot on. We will see what happens. I've been historically very happy with the results of SPAC investments and am currently holding several without targets so I'm selfishly hoping for this route. Cheers
Sponsored