Sponsored

HOV stickers with PFF on textured bumper?

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
Hey fellow Cali folk,

For those of you who elected to get the HOV stickers. And are also using PPF to ease removal later. Have any of you applied them to the textured section of the bumper with success?
Sponsored

bhlackey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, KTM SX-450F
I’m wondering the same thing. I have stickers and twraps ppf kit. They say not to put it on plastic. Hmmm.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I’m wondering the same thing. I have stickers and twraps ppf kit. They say not to put it on plastic. Hmmm.
I used removable adhesive sheets when I had then for my Tesla, I would only stick them on when I needed them which was not often. Worked great until they expired. Probably put them on and off 30 times and they always held.

For the Rivian, I’ll do the same on the bumper stickers, I’m going the cut some magnetic sign material and stick them behind the wheels to see how well they hold on the freeway. If they work I’ll use those for the larger stickers.

teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adeventure Edition, RB, BM, 21"
Clubs

the ppf won't stay stuck to the texture bumper. that's where i initially had mine but it would start to peel off. if you don't want to lose any flying off while you're driving i would recommend keeping it on the smooth and/or painted surfaces.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jollyroger

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
the ppf won't stay stuck to the texture bumper. that's where i initially had mine but it would start to peel off. if you don't want to lose any flying off while you're driving i would recommend keeping it on the smooth and/or painted surfaces.
Thanks for the real world feedback, has anyone stuck ppf with an HOV sticker on top of existing PPF? We only have PPF in the front but if we can't used the textured area, it will be on top of existing PPF.

bhlackey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, KTM SX-450F
how difficult are the stickers to remove? they are only good for a few more years anyway. I was thinking PPF to save my paint, and can use it right next to the tow hooks on the front black bumper, but the rear plastic comes up so high I want to put it on the plastic. The paint in the back is up high.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I’m going to use magnets for the big stickers. Just finished my highway test, held fine up to 90 on the freeway. Have not figured out what to use yet for the smaller stickers, might use removable adhesive vinyl sheets they worked on my Tesla. I rarely need them so will only have them on the days I need them.

Rivian R1T R1S HOV stickers with PFF on textured bumper? 529A057F-C2E9-488B-B83E-6CACA8A5BD5C

Bearmountain

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 cts, 2000 dakota r/t
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical, Electrical, General Contractor
I’m going to use magnets for the big stickers. Just finished my highway test, held fine up to 90 on the freeway. Have not figured out what to use yet for the smaller stickers, might use removable adhesive vinyl sheets they worked on my Tesla. I rarely need them so will only have them on the days I need them.

529A057F-C2E9-488B-B83E-6CACA8A5BD5C.jpeg
Magnets are going to have a hard time sticking to the aluminum body.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Magnets are going to have a hard time sticking to the aluminum body.
A lot of it is aluminum, the lower part of rear quarter panels have steel mixed in.

Can’t do this on a Tesla as it is full aluminum, the R1S and R1T it is working great. Had it as high as 85 on the freeway with no issues. Can’t find a spot on the bumpers though so I’m using removable adhesive vinyl for those smaller stickers. That was what I used on the Tesla and they held up until the stickers expired.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jollyroger

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
... That was what I used on the Tesla and they held up until the stickers expired.
Did you have the the stickers on top of PPF?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Did you have the the stickers on top of PPF?
You can use PPF but I did not. I rarely need the carpool stickers.

I used this on my Tesla and only put them on when I was going to use them. Probably used them 20 times in the 2 years they were valid.

I’m using the same sheets for the sections on the R1S with no steel. I’m using this on the rear quarters (so far only putting these on the R1S) they are working well for me.

If you are using them all the time I would probably use a PPF so they can come off once expired. I probably will only use them once a month or so, that is why I’m not leaving them on.

Ash

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & 19' GX460
Occupation
Real Estate
This is what I'll be using when mine show up. I plan to leave the stickers on the truck all the time. Only using this to make them easier to peel off when they expire. I've used this stuff on all sorts of finishes and it pulls off fine after years. It's properly sticky though. Not coming off on accident and won't let dirt get between and scuff the paint like magnets.

https://www.amazon.com/ORACAL-652-6...-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

capitolm94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I did PPF on the paint as in the magnet photo above, then on the shiny black bumper part near the tow hooks in front. Havent taken them off yet, but I did remove and reposition a couple times to get them perfectly straight on install and no issues.

My method was to buy a roll of uncut PPF from amazon, stick the HOV stickers on, then cut around them with a razor and straight edge as carefully as possible.

OP
OP
jollyroger

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
This is what I wound up doing. I got some feedback that PPF will eventually fall off a textured bumper, or really any textured surface
Sponsored