Sponsored

Houston Third Meet Up Saturday Sept 24th-Guests from Lone Star Rivian Riders and Gulf Coast Auto Shield

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Hey my H-Town peeps! It’s time for another meet up for preorder holders and owners. Unfortunately, I still don’t have my R1S, but I am hopeful that my delivery will be soon. It has been awesome seeing preorder holders who have been waiting for years to finally get their SUV In the past couple of weeks.

I have invited a guest to this next meet up. John, the owner from Gulf Coast Auto Shield, will be joining us to answer questions about PPF and tinting. He will be bringing examples of film and swag for everyone.

At this next meet up, we will need to discuss starting a Houston Rivian Club. I will be distributing this invite to other Houston Rivian groups. I hope we can come together at this next meet up and discuss how to coordinate events together going forward as one city wide club.

Are y’all OK with the same time and place as last time? Mkt Heights at 9am? @SecretService, is this good with you? I know you mentioned having to work sometimes on the weekends.

Tagging everyone who has attended or was interested in joining the last couple of meet ups. With all the threads, I want to make sure no one misses this post.

@screamingkarts
@KyleJJ06
@SecretService
@Voronbrg
@Dreamwater
@Wo yao yi ge R1T
@Lips2000
@HTownB
@jkggarr
@craptacular
@zen313
@BrayBay
@valenrandy
@BuzzL8ghtYears
@blkfxstc
@TxBeachRivian
Sponsored

SecretService

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Granite R1T with 22” black wheels
Occupation
New home sales
Hey my H-Town peeps! It’s time for another meet up for preorder holders and owners. Unfortunately, I still don’t have my R1S, but I am hopeful that my delivery will be soon. It has been awesome seeing preorder holders who have been waiting for years to finally get their SUV In the past couple of weeks.

I have invited a guest to this next meet up. John, the owner from Gulf Coast Auto Shield, will be joining us to answer questions about PPF and tinting. He will be bringing examples of film and swag for everyone.

At this next meet up, we will need to discuss starting a Houston Rivian Club. I will be distributing this invite to other Houston Rivian groups. I hope we can come together at this next meet up and discuss how to coordinate events together going forward as one city wide club.

Are y’all OK with the same time and place as last time? Mkt Heights at 9am? @SecretService, is this good with you? I know you mentioned having to work sometimes on the weekends.

Tagging everyone who has attended or was interested in joining the last couple of meet ups. With all the threads, I want to make sure no one misses this post.

@screamingkarts
@KyleJJ06
@SecretService
@Voronbrg
@Dreamwater
@Wo yao yi ge R1T
@Lips2000
@HTownB
@jkggarr
@craptacular
@zen313
@BrayBay
@valenrandy
@BuzzL8ghtYears
@blkfxstc
@TxBeachRivian
Thanks so much for the tag! 9am is perfect for me if this is on a Sunday. Super excited to meet fellow Rivian owners here in the houston area!

Edit: just saw the title a Saturday lol. Sadly I’d have to leave at 9 to get to work by 10 :( let me see if I can’t get someone to cover first half of my shift atleast and maybe go in at noon.

Either way. Happy to see the houston rivian group building!

jkggarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Clubs

I'll try and make it out to this one. I missed the last one so it will be nice to meet more owners.

TxBeachRivian

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Clubs

I should be able to make it. I may be a little late since I will be coming from League City

Last edited:

Sponsored

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

Thanks for the heads up! Still waiting for my Rivian too, but I'd like to hang out. Sounds like we will have a cool guest! I'm good with the time and place.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Santa Fe
Clubs

I may not be able to make this one, but will join any time I’m available. If anybody wants to see in person what it’s like to have 2 car seats in an R1T then I’m your guy.

SecretService

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Granite R1T with 22” black wheels
Occupation
New home sales
I may not be able to make this one, but will join any time I’m available. If anybody wants to see in person what it’s like to have 2 car seats in an R1T then I’m your guy.
Glad I’m not the only one lol. It’s a blessing and a curse. So many friends wanna take a ride but can only take one at a time since the backseat been taken over by toddlers.

screamingkarts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S LE, Jeep Wrangler 4Xe
Clubs

@Longhorngirl Thanks for the tag. I'm good with time and location. Now waiting for Sep 24th :)

parry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pathfinder, GL450, Supra, Accord
Occupation
Engineer
I’ll try to be there too.

Just matte wrapped and tinted. Got the cross bars for the back too and some Yakima bike racks.

I have the home charger on a 60A breaker charging at 24mile/hr and a 220V outlet at work for 12mile/hr. I’ll try a 48A Lectron charger at work soon…

Rivian R1T R1S Houston Third Meet Up Saturday Sept 24th-Guests from Lone Star Rivian Riders and Gulf Coast Auto Shield 46EADEAE-BCE9-4324-83C9-DE725B9C8D28

Rivian R1T R1S Houston Third Meet Up Saturday Sept 24th-Guests from Lone Star Rivian Riders and Gulf Coast Auto Shield 4A2BCFF0-4E02-457B-B584-963AC48E26DC

Rivian R1T R1S Houston Third Meet Up Saturday Sept 24th-Guests from Lone Star Rivian Riders and Gulf Coast Auto Shield 48F3629C-F0ED-40D4-B0C9-F77628DB8416

Well the bike hits the aero feature at the back glass if the crossbars are installed in the bed. And if I turn the rack so that the bike faces back, the wheel spacing is a few inches too short. So on the roof the bike fits fine. Everything looks cool, but that is a precarious workout (feels impractical) :| I have 2 more bike racks in the boxes that I’ll return. Ill buy 2 more cross bars for the tray for the tent…

Last edited:

Sponsored

JimTX

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
Attorney
I am planning on attending since I will "qualify" as an owner AS OF TOMORROW! :like: (I hope saying that does not jinx it.)

OP
OP
Longhorngirl

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
I am planning on attending since I will "qualify" as an owner AS OF TOMORROW! :like: (I hope saying that does not jinx it.)
Congrats! I will bring the ketchup for the Ocean Coast stain test! Haha.

OP
OP
Longhorngirl

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Update: Robert @Cfscrewed from Lone Star Rivian Riders will be joining this meet up to discuss the Houston chapter of the club, which he leads. I know that a lot of us having been looking for a club to join, and he has already been putting in the hard work in getting the club off the ground. He has some pretty exciting things to share.

If you have Facebook, please join the Lone Star Rivian Riders Facebook group below. If you don’t have Facebook. No worries. Robert will talk about how to find out about club events in the future.

Link to Lone Star Rivian Riders Facebook Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2958572747734108

OP
OP
Longhorngirl

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Hey Y’all

I need to try and get a better head count for property management. Can y’all let me know if you are planning to come? If you have already replied, please disregard. Thanks!
Sponsored