Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

So anyone find anything? There are so many simple ones on Amazon that are metal and grab the grill for Tesla that are a reasonable price, but I can't find anything for rivian. My wife.doesnt want to deal with something she needs to remove.for the car wash for our r1s (delivery tomorrow!). While I don't mind paying some money the snapplate is pretty expensive
Sponsored

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Thanks. After some more consideration, I think I'm just going to go with the stock plate mount, but attach it to the truck with 3M adhesive tape. This solution is used by many car enthusiasts (I think Tesla's come this way right?) and I think it has the advantages of:
  • It won't block any cameras or sensors since it is designed for the truck
  • It will hold in car washes and weather
  • It doesn't need to be removed for car washes and weather
  • It is removable down the road if a better solution comes along with no damage to the Rivian
I did email the "quick bandit" designer and they said they are working on a mount. I like theirs as it seems to be similar to the snap plate, but metal and a LOT cheaper. Still not sure if I would go for it through as the wife doesn't want to have to think about it for car washes etc.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
Front plates are for weenies......be bold and keep your front plate in the storage compartment.:p

DarcyL

First Name
Darcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2020 MINI SE
Occupation
Lawyer
Clubs

Front plates are for weenies......be bold and keep your front plate in the storage compartment.:p
Except of course for those of us who will get a ticket for not having one.

Sponsored

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
Except of course for those of us who will get a ticket for not having one.
That's why I said be bold. I live in NJ (unfortunately) and front plates are required here. Not one of my cars have had one since I moved here 7 years ago.

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
Does anyone here know of someone that simply screwed their license plate to the front bumper?

I got the mounts suggested by @godfodder0901 and have tried both his method with a scrap metal support and also @boardthatpowder 's method with the oem bracket. Decided that I wasn't fond of either approach. I wouldn't mind using the oem bracket screwed to the bumper if it weren't for the fact that it shows up in the front camera. So, how about just screwing the license plate to the bumper by itself?

Yes, I really do want the front plate, primarily because it serves as a my parking permit at work. And, yes, I am overthinking all of this.

Matthuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5
Does anyone here know of someone that simply screwed their license plate to the front bumper?

I got the mounts suggested by @godfodder0901 and have tried both his method with a scrap metal support and also @boardthatpowder 's method with the oem bracket. Decided that I wasn't fond of either approach. I wouldn't mind using the oem bracket screwed to the bumper if it weren't for the fact that it shows up in the front camera. So, how about just screwing the license plate to the bumper by itself?

Yes, I really do want the front plate, primarily because it serves as a my parking permit at work. And, yes, I am overthinking all of this.
Why not try one of the vinyl license plate things, rather than screwing the original on?

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
Why not try one of the vinyl license plate things, rather than screwing the original on?
I considered the CA approved sticker plate. In the end I went ahead and screwed the bare plate to the bumper. I actually prefer the look of a real plate. Just wanted it to be mounted in a way that doesn’t show up on the camera.

HarrySiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE; 2018 Chrysler Pac.
Thanks. After some more consideration, I think I'm just going to go with the stock plate mount, but attach it to the truck with 3M adhesive tape. This solution is used by many car enthusiasts (I think Tesla's come this way right?) and I think it has the advantages of:
  • It won't block any cameras or sensors since it is designed for the truck
  • It will hold in car washes and weather
  • It doesn't need to be removed for car washes and weather
  • It is removable down the road if a better solution comes along with no damage to the Rivian
I did email the "quick bandit" designer and they said they are working on a mount. I like theirs as it seems to be similar to the snap plate, but metal and a LOT cheaper. Still not sure if I would go for it through as the wife doesn't want to have to think about it for car washes etc.
I would love THIS, with some way to have a quick release of sorts, in case you actually want to use the tow hook. Thoughts?

Sponsored

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

HarrySiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE; 2018 Chrysler Pac.
Looks like Quick Bandit is now listing the plate holder for the R1T/S on their site, but the price is basically the same as the snapplate at $139. They used to be a lot cheaper than that for the Tesla's. I guess I'll hang onto my 3M tape solution for now.

https://www.1975creations.com/product-page/quick-bandit-rivian-r1t-r1s
oh very nice find! Thanks! Although, since I've ALWAYS had a plate screwed into the front of my cars, I feel like I don't love it, but I really don't mind since it will never come off anyway. Typically I would want it moved to the tow hook area because the place you drill it into isn't sized for US plates and it doesn't look as good. hmmmm...something to think about.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

ridiculous how over priced these license plate holders are

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

ridiculous how over priced these license plate holders are
I agree. I'm willing to pay a premium but there is a limit and we are way over it

TuggyTooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Silverado LBZ, 2023 Rivian R1S LE FG/FE
Occupation
Military
I have the builtright bracket, it's priced a little high, but at least the backing is CNC.

The only problem I'm running into is it triggering the sensor. Hopefully bending the plate edges will fix it
Sponsored