Home lifts that work?!

Iatros786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, 997 Turbo, Q7
Clubs

Hey everyone,

Anyone have a lift at home which they've been able to get our vehicles up in the air with easily?

Preferably without having to take underbody panels off?

Would something like this work?
https://www.quickjack.com/car-lifts/7000tlx/
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I would not want to put a 7000+ lb vehicle on a lift rated to a max of 7000 lbs.

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
I would not want to put a 7000+ lb vehicle on a lift rated to a max of 7000 lbs.
They have tested to way more than that and always good idea to use jack stands. What I have read is too short for parallel to truck but maybe use sideways depending on truck balance. I will test in near future as love mine for all ICE vehicles.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
QuickJack has tested the old version to hold more than 3 times its weight ratings. I called them to ask if the 5000 lbs model with the frame extensions could lift and hold my 5100 lbs Cayenne and they said no problem. Sure enough, it lifted the Cayenne with the frame extensions which added another 65 lbs on top. Easily.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:cd02899e,vid:2ea-5ifRRYI

It is too short to lift the Rivian, but with such sliders like the DCE/EVSport/others installed, the 7000TL could definitely do it.

Sponsored

EVnewb

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna, Tesla MYP, R1T
Most things like that are engineered and built with a safety factor of 2-3 meaning they have been tested to hold 2-3 times their ā€œworking load limitā€. If those quickjacks are rated at 7k lbs, thereā€™s a good chance they can hold over 7 tons under perfect conditions. Iā€™m not the kinda guy who likes to try and prove the engineers wrong, but I think youā€™d be just fine lifting the R1 with those things. Donā€™t forget to CYA and use jackstands like strykerwsu pointed.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I have one of the smaller Quickjack models. I've been using it on and off for 5 years and recently its been in constant use for probably about 5 months. They are built really well.

For the R1T and heavier stuff, I have a 9000Lbs capacity, 4 post lift.

Study the specs. The capacity is just one to look at. It has to "work" (reach your jack points, fit between the wheels, etc. ). The 7000TLX is for long wheelbase vehicles so it's the one that will most likely work.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Thereā€™s a lot of R1T QuickJackery talk here.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Thereā€™s a lot of R1T QuickJackery talk here.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I would do it but I certainly wouldn't be getting under it without setting the vehicle down onto stands.

Sponsored

Mike TDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 Chevy Volt, 11 Camaro 1SS, 02 Chevy 2500HD,
Occupation
Retired
I am in no way condoning this but I have put a 2002 2500HD Chevy Duramax diesel on my 7000 lb rated lift for the last 20 years and thankfully so far no problems. If I get my Rivian I have the pucks and will be giving it a try. Oh and this is not a quickjack brand it is an autolifters 2 post and the company is out of business.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
GVWR-Payload=Curb Weight. Check your truck to make sure. If not under 7000 lbs, you couldtake your spare out, that saves 80 lb. You will have absolutely no issue with a Rivian on a QuickJack even at full curb weight (I think the highest I have seen is about 7200 lbs).

As others have said, you can't get the jack points front to back, but if you place the jacks side to side you will not have a problem. I will find what stack of adapters/blocks you need to work with the pucks, but I have the standard and tall blocks as well as the taller SUV/Truck adapters. No need for additional jack stands, you don't leave the QuickJack on the hydraulic lift while working, you drop it on one of the two lock positions.

Hoping to eventually get to try mine out shortly when I switch to my 20" wheels. Has been a comedy of issues getting them coated (Coater's shop heating broke, got that fixed, and sandblasters were too aggressive so the Cerakote I planned on was too thin, and the surface was rough, found this out after two wheels were done, so now needs powder coating to get smooth finish. Powder coater finished wheels, but oven was left at the temp used on the wheels which melted center caps, and so on.), but I think maybe a week from now I will finally be throwing my truck on the QuickJacks.

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Lucid Air Touring
QuickJack has tested the old version to hold more than 3 times its weight ratings. I called them to ask if the 5000 lbs model with the frame extensions could lift and hold my 5100 lbs Cayenne and they said no problem. Sure enough, it lifted the Cayenne with the frame extensions which added another 65 lbs on top. Easily.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:cd02899e,vid:2ea-5ifRRYI

It is too short to lift the Rivian, but with such sliders like the DCE/EVSport/others installed, the 7000TL could definitely do it.
But they didn't lift that weight they just showed it supported it and the jack was locked in the up position. Most issues happen when lifting or lower weight.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

The standard length QJ7000 is already heavy AF, each TLX is probably 60-70 pounds heavier. I ended up selling mine & am looking for a better solution. All the two-post lifts Iā€™ve seen require fairly high ceilings. If Rennstand EVER releases their Rivian version, Iā€™ll just probably go with these + a floor jack for as often as I need to lift all four corners.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
if only there was a factor of safety in these sorts of things
Sponsored