Sponsored

Home charge scheduling

ThePineappleWins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Our utility gives us a discount to charge off peak, 9pm-7am M-F and all day on the weekends. In our other EV I can make a schedule that follows that. In the Rivian it seems for scheduling you can pick off, daily, or weekdays. Is their a way to have it charge at night on the weekdays, and then all day on the weekends?
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
You may be better off using an EVSE with scheduling capabilities. The Rivian scheduling is limited.

OP
OP
ThePineappleWins

ThePineappleWins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Thats not a bad idea. And I can do that with my current ChargePoint chargers. I was hoping to avoid that because its harder to override if needed to but I guess thats the only option. Hopefully this gets addressed in an update.

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Our utility gives us a discount to charge off peak, 9pm-7am M-F and all day on the weekends. In our other EV I can make a schedule that follows that. In the Rivian it seems for scheduling you can pick off, daily, or weekdays. Is their a way to have it charge at night on the weekdays, and then all day on the weekends?
you can schedule anything. I schedule mine to charge from Midnight to 6am when it is super off peak charges. On main screen go to settings icon, then to energy icon. There you can program any start and stop time for charging. It even works on our Tesla level 2 charger.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Thats not a bad idea. And I can do that with my current ChargePoint chargers. I was hoping to avoid that because its harder to override if needed to but I guess thats the only option. Hopefully this gets addressed in an update.
Not sure why using the EVSE scheduling would be harder. The ChargePoint app easily allows you to update your charging schedule or even disable scheduled charging altogether.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ThePineappleWins

ThePineappleWins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
you can schedule anything. I schedule mine to charge from Midnight to 6am when it is super off peak charges. On main screen go to settings icon, then to energy icon. There you can program any start and stop time for charging. It even works on our Tesla level 2 charger.
Do you mean schedule from the Rivian? I have that set up now but there doesn't seem to be a way to charge weekdays at night, and then allow for all day on the weekends.

Not sure why using the EVSE scheduling would be harder. The ChargePoint app easily allows you to update your charging schedule or even disable scheduled charging altogether.
I have two ChargePoint chargers. ChargePoint only lets you add one per account so that means I need two different accounts to manage both. It's a pain and waste of time to log out and log back in. I'm hoping they address this in the future, seems to be a big oversight.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Schedule it from the truck main display > energy app...I have mine set to 0030-0700 weekdays and it only enforces at "home".

ColoradoAdventure

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer & Educator
I have mine setup through the Rivian energy screen to charge 9pm - 5pm the next day and all day on the weekends for utility rate savings reasons. Double check which settings you are choosing. This has been available since I got my R1T June 22

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I have two ChargePoint chargers. ChargePoint only lets you add one per account so that means I need two different accounts to manage both. It's a pain and waste of time to log out and log back in. I'm hoping they address this in the future, seems to be a big oversight.
Gotcha, fully understand the hassle. I only have the one charger so hadn't noticed that limitation. Yeah, seems this is something CP should allow for in their app.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

This is exactly what the "Weekdays" setting is for. The time you select only applies to weekdays, and on weekends charging is allowed at any time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ThePineappleWins

ThePineappleWins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
This is exactly what the "Weekdays" setting is for. The time you select only applies to weekdays, and on weekends charging is allowed at any time.

Yup looks like you are correct. I didn’t understand what this meant and thought it only would charge durning that selected time. At least for me, the interface was a little confusing. Seems to be working as desired now.

louisdeg

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Red Canyon/Forest Edge, 21” wheels
Occupation
Home inspector
I tried scheduling a charge to start at 11 pm but when I plugged it in it started to charge immediately from 75 miles. Later in the evening I noticed that it had stopped at 100 miles and the app is saying it’s set to start on time. I guess it doesn’t like being below 100? Nothing in the manual about it.
Sponsored