First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Has anyone else noticed that when coming to a stop by regen, the hold that was once quite solid now allows the R1 to roll a little bit? I have noticed it on both flat ground and when on an incline (where it rolls backwards a couple of feet). Have started having to use the brake sometimes to get it to stop where I want it to. Feels like it all started within the last update or two.

Could this be because of the introduction of the snow mode low regen setting?
Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
We do not have any roll once Hold comes on in our R1T. 1-week old, latest software update. Hold works on a flat surface or an incline. Are you putting any slight pressure on the accelerator? I find there's really good slow creep with just a little bit of pressure.

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
After about a thousand miles, "Hold" mode has started to roll a bit for me. Picked up my truck with the latest update, so I'm not sure if it's a software thing.

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
After about a thousand miles, "Hold" mode has started to roll a bit for me. Picked up my truck with the latest update, so I'm not sure if it's a software thing.
Hold is very good for me after driving it from Normal to Cali and driving around (3K miles) Reading these forums i was worried it might roll, but that is definitely not the case, even on roads that are not straight.

BendR1S

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Subaru Outback
I do very much hope that this is a precursor to a more functional “creep” mode, especially in reverse. It’s so jarring to get the car rolling slowly in reverse coming off Hold. A little nerve-wracking backing into my (admittedly tight) garage spot.
This! I'd prefer the vehicle to creep both in D and R. Esp when backing up in a tight spot it is a bit nerve wrecking to have to push the accelerator. I'd prefer the vehicle to 'creep' while I feather the brakes.

Sponsored

Pdm1230

First Name
Paarin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Director
I certainly noticed this as well. I roll back at a light by my house now. This was never an issue in the past. Its not a big deal, but it messes with how your brain has been calibrated to drive the vehicle.

ebellinder2

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Occupation
Retired electrician
Add me to the list I was trying to figure out if I was imagining the now softer application of hold lately. Personally I am ok with the new version of hold if it is going to stay this way and is not a firmware bug
Sponsored