Sponsored

RivianDeac

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge
Has to be 55-65mph. So 16-26mph over the limit since the video shows a gps speed of 81. The highest speed limit in CA is 70mph but that isn’t one of those freeways.
Thanks! So reckless driving in CA. I understand the OPs frustration and certainly appreciate sharing these incidents, but would be an uphill legal battle considering his speed.
Sponsored

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Thanks! So reckless driving in CA. I understand the OPs frustration and certainly appreciate sharing these incidents, but would be an uphill legal battle considering his speed.

Speed limits on freeways in California are barely recommendations. As you can from the video, everyone is 80+, if you drove the speed limit you’d certainly cause accidents.

RivianDeac

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge
Speed limits on freeways in California are barely recommendations. As you can from the video, everyone is 80+, if you drove the speed limit you’d certainly cause accidents.
Would that be an effective legal argument?

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Would that be an effective legal argument?
Lol, nope, but neither would “driver was going to fast for system, but maximum speed for system is 85”

Last edited:

TurboTwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra
Just because drivers in CA drive 80 on freeways doesn't mean its a reasonable speed to drive. There are crashes all day every day because people drive too fast. Not saying I wouldn't be driving the same speed either though. But this road isn't I-80 through Nevada where you can see a mile ahead of you. I think its a bit of a stretch to drive that speed over the speed limit(or in general) in the fast lane at night in on a (slightly)curved road in a new vehicle with new technology, on shitty CA roadways and be surprised by this event.

Imagine if he was driving and there was an actually recliner sitting in the middle of his lane. It would be up to him to safely maneuver around the recliner. If he could not do that safely, he is driving too fast. There is a much better chance of him avoiding that happening at 65 mph than 81 mph.

Sponsored

OP
OP
trez63

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

I will definitely try disabling LKA and seeing if it helps avoid this. I agree with you now that I think it was not necessarily HA that caused the erratic movement.
I could have sworn there used to be an option for disabling LKA but it’s not there now when I look. Maybe there never was. 🤷‍♂️

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I could have sworn there used to be an option for disabling LKA but it’s not there now when I look. Maybe there never was. 🤷‍♂️
It is...
Rivian R1T R1S Highway Assist tried to run us off the road (edit from saying Self-driving) 16573928661708246080950565451739

OP
OP
trez63

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Okay. That’s just strange. Is it possible that it went away in one version and came back in the latest? I’m at the track today but I’ll check again tonight when I get back. The latest update was just applied and I haven’t checked it yet.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Okay. That’s just strange. Is it possible that it went away in one version and came back in the latest? I’m at the track today but I’ll check again tonight when I get back. The latest update was just applied and I haven’t checked it yet.
Nope. Been there for every version I've had, back to 2022.03.01 at least.

OP
OP
trez63

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Nope. Been there for every version I've had, back to 2022.03.01 at least.
Ok I figured out why I couldn’t see it. If you turn off LDW it hides the option for LKA completely. I had LDW turned off completely.
But this points the finger back at Highway assist because technically LKA was turned off.

hopefully the most recent update irons out some of the Driver+ features.

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
Had a similar issue on mine. Pulled hard right with no advanced notice and didn’t ding until after I had taken the wheel. Overall I don’t think it’s very good as I watch the image of my truck and it shows myself and other cars in incorrect spots in relation to the road lines. That said, I don’t much trust any of the advanced systems out there so I hope they focus the team on fixing other problems and maybe registering my truck before the registration expires.
Sponsored