Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It looks like thereā€™s some oil canning going on with the front door. Is it just an optical illusion? Iā€˜ve noticed this in a lot of R1T pictures

Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy
It looks like thereā€™s some oil canning going on with the front door. Is it just an optical illusion? Iā€˜ve noticed this in a lot of R1T pictures
I think what you are seeing may be the reflection of a downspout on the garage. In the second picture the truck has been moved slightly forward which changed the location of the reflection to the rear door.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think what you are seeing may be the reflection of a downspout on the garage. In the second picture the truck has been moved slightly forward which changed the location of the reflection to the rear door.
The same distortion is present in the second picture

OP
OP
anotherburrito

anotherburrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3 LR + Boost
Yeah. I know from my other vehicle with air suspension that you want to get off the brake when itā€™s moving that much. Puts stress on everything. So I let it roll a bit.

Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

It looks like 2 different trucks!

I love a 2 for 1 sale.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
I found it amusing to see all the trucks at the SC at random heights, everything from lowest to highest. Not your typical ā€œcar lotā€ experience.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
71846876-45EF-4645-8B5B-1E9AC782CDB7.jpeg
81A8A1E6-DFE0-4318-82A7-3960EBA48906.jpeg
Itā€™s an illusion. I think the panels look great in person.
Thanks!

I didnā€™t notice that distortion in person but Iā€™ve seen it in more than a few pictires now to wonder.

guernsej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Raptor; 2015 X5
Yeah. I know from my other vehicle with air suspension that you want to get off the brake when itā€™s moving that much. Puts stress on everything. So I let it roll a bit.
Interesting, I've never heard of that. What's the reasoning?

Sponsored

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
Interesting, I've never heard of that. What's the reasoning?
Your wheels donā€™t move perfectly up and down. There is some side to side and forward to backward moment as the suspension compresses or extends. If your brakes are locked, the rubber tires or rubber bushings need to defect to accommodate. Thus creaking and binding.

This probably wouldnā€™t be the case with solid axles. But thatā€™s how independent suspension geometry works.

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
Is that about 6inches from lowest to highest?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Your wheels donā€™t move perfectly up and down. There is some side to side and forward to backward moment as the suspension compresses or extends. If your brakes are locked, the rubber tires or rubber bushings need to defect to accommodate. Thus creaking and binding.

This probably wouldnā€™t be the case with solid axles. But thatā€™s how independent suspension geometry works.
It would still happen with solid axles. Even there suspension doesnā€™t just move straight up and down.