High Pitched Noise starting around 70mph

aabolt

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hope everyone is doing well!! I have been hearing this very high pitched ringing that seems to get worse the closer I get to 70mph and is pretty bad in the 70-80mph range. It sounds like it is coming from the right side. It weirdly appears to be louder to me when I commute to work in the morning, but when I was on a road trip down to NY from NH, the truck was perfectly silent.

I have noticed that the ringing is only when on the accelerator to speed up, when I let off or am regening to slowdown, the noise goes away.

It was weird that I did not notice it on the road trip and will be submitting a ticket but wanted to post here to see if anyone else is experiencing this / if I am going crazy haha.

Thank you for any help!
Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I occasionally get some high pitched motor whine when doing an acceleration from 50-70 mph...but then other times nothing....this vehicle is going to make me lose my mind. :CWL:

OP
OP
aabolt

aabolt

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Haha so weird how sometimes I do not hear it either and then other times it is pretty loud. I can deal with some noises, but this one is especially annoying given how high pitched it is.

Dirtman16

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I don't have a Rivian yet, so I'm relying on my Tesla experience. It's possible that is noise from the inverter. Typically they have seals that limit the high frequency pitches. You may ask if they can check to ensure any seals are appropriately installed.

OP
OP
aabolt

aabolt

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I don't have a Rivian yet, so I'm relying on my Tesla experience. It's possible that is noise from the inverter. Typically they have seals that limit the high frequency pitches. You may ask if they can check to ensure any seals are appropriately installed.
I will make sure to note this in my service ticket. Thank you!
Sponsored