Sponsored

Hi Tony, one week of summer left, we gonna get a delivery window?

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
Hey Tony,

Just thought I’d point out that summer is almost over on September 22, and I still don’t have an official delivery window on my preorder :cool:.
Sponsored

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Poor Tony...
On one of the Rivian Stories podcasts he said that he ended up signing the emails after there was feedback and internal deliberation that the original emails signed with "Team Rivian" or whatever it was too impersonal.
He gets a lot of crap for Rivian's lack luster communication and inability to meet self imposed deadlines.

Sponsored

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
Poor Tony...
On one of the Rivian Stories podcasts he said that he ended up signing the emails after there was feedback and internal deliberation that the original emails signed with "Team Rivian" or whatever it was too impersonal.
He gets a lot of crap for Rivian's lack luster communication and inability to meet self imposed deadlines.
I don't think most of us blame him specifically for Rivian's issues, but as head of customer engagement, one of his jobs is to bear responsibility or heat when customers don't feel engaged....

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

They'll come through....keep the hope alive.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I don't think most of us blame him specifically for Rivian's issues, but as head of customer engagement, one of his jobs is to bear responsibility or heat when customers don't feel engaged....
exactly

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Poor Tony...
I hate to say, but this is the job he's signed up for. He's a senior director of customer engagement. I'm a customer (they have $1000 of my money), and quite frankly the communication is terrible. Most things I find out here instead of from the horse's mouth. This allows my impression of most things to be from some yahoo on the internet(just kidding you are all wonderful wonderful people) instead of directed communication from Rivian.

Sponsored

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I was told today in chat that its now before the end of the month.....
I'll never understand why anyone sets deadlines for themselves if they can't meet them. If you have to give a date, just get your worst case estimate, pad by 20% and share that out. Or better yet just don't give any date and go with "We are working to get updated delivery windows out ASAP and will share more as we can." Just creating issues for no reason.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I'll never understand why anyone sets deadlines for themselves if they can't meet them. If you have to give a date, just get your worst case estimate, pad by 20% and share that out. Or better yet just don't give any date and go with "We are working to get updated delivery windows out ASAP and will share more as we can." Just creating issues for no reason.
It wouldn't matter. If they said ASAP people would be posting threads each week questioning why there haven't been any updates since they said "ASAP". Just like we've had frequent threads complaining about the end of the summer date...before we've reached the end of summer.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Its a lose-lose situation.

If you don't give a date, then people will accuse of not forthcoming.

If you do give a date and miss, then people will accuse of lying or misleading.

... but if you accept the fact that we all do not have any control of when or what Rivian will communicate with us, then it happens when it does and expectations of meeting deadline goes away.

Probably should go think about other things than to get frustrated about the whole thing.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

they used to say "soon" a lot and they got roasted for it. they tried to do better but over-corrected by giving self-imposed deadlines which they kept missing. what they need to do is get better at supply chain, production, delivery and service operations and processes. so that comms becomes more accurate.
Sponsored