First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chrysler Pacifica, 2007 Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Developer
Hi, my name is Bryan and I build apps. I am also blessed to own an LA Silver R1T LE (7k miles and 4 national parks so far....).

I am putting those 2 together to work on a new app, Rivvy, which I am excited to be launching in the next 2 weeks.

Rivian R1T R1S Hi!  I need app testers :) full-background-with-text

There are a number of things that I am hoping to put in the app, but I am doing an alpha launch to get some user feedback to hear what is helpful to other owners. I also see the app being helpful to people just curious about Rivian vehicles, but there will be exclusive content available to owners.

The first feature the app will be releasing with is the charging history tracker

Some of the upcoming features we will be releasing include:
  • Vehicle Issue Tracker (keep track of issues with your R1, compare with other owners and easily send to Rivian)
  • Trip Tracker (a guided method to track and share your trips)
  • Augmented Reality vehicle trips and tricks (sourced from the community)
  • Rivian Owners Chat
  • Curated links to articles and posts from popular Rivian information
  • National Park Tracker/Badges (and maybe States too??)
  • ___________ <----- the communities best ideas here
  • and even more that we can't quite share yet!
If you are interested in getting in early and sharing your thoughts, please email me at [email protected] letting me know if you have iOS or Android. I am looking for the first 100 testers to start. Just to be transparent the app will be supported by subscriptions and in-app purchases but there will also be some "always free" features too.

If you have any other questions, let me know! (and if I need to put this post somewhere else, please let me know that too!)
Sponsored

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Looking forward to seeing your app go public. Is the beta program structured with workflows you want to be tested or just looking for general feedback? What type of feedback are you primarily looking for? UI/UX, functionality, security, etc? Also will app data in transit be encrypted over TLS/SSL (I see rivvy.app website has an invalid certificate)?

Forgot to mention, for charging history tracker are you using an API fom Rivian to access this?

OP
OP
booeyoh

booeyoh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chrysler Pacifica, 2007 Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Developer
Hey, great questions,l. Initially just looking for general feedback and ideas of what would be helpful for owners.

The site should have it's cert in the next few hours. It is automatically registered and just hasn't propagated yet.

As for data, everything will run over secure protocols.

And for API access, we don't have anything yet, but are looking into it. We are using a fairly straightforward method which should make it easy.

Looking forward to seeing your app go public. Is the beta program structured with workflows you want to be tested or just looking for general feedback? What type of feedback are you primarily looking for? UI/UX, functionality, security, etc? Also will app data in transit be encrypted over TLS/SSL (I see rivvy.app website has an invalid certificate)?

Forgot to mention, for charging history tracker are you using an API fom Rivian to access this?
Sponsored