Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

I thought it would be nice to cover the things that don’t get covered in reviews. Those little bits information that could be nice for everyone to know.

So after having my truck 2 months I have come across little things from experience and forums that I thought would be nice to consolidate. I can add via edit others that come up.

-Use camp mode while hanging around vehicle to avoid proximity from continuous locking/unlocking
-Cut thin board (or flat plastic) to fit under back seat as dividers in the given slots (R1T) [see pic]
-Use pet mode for short stops in a store to keep cabin nice
-Use sport mode (lowest) for load/unloading the bed/back
-Use sport mode (lowest) for washing R1 to reach easier
-Turn off air in back seat to get more air in front
-Use R1 to power computer and light equipment when power is out (very useful even at work, I got internet going for everyone during outage)
-Change ride heights at stop lights to amuse the family behind you.
-Regularly use high quality lubricant on tonneau tracks (mine has always worked perfect)
-When asked β€œwhat is that?” Tell people its an R1x made by a new company named Rivian (to avoid β€œwho makes it” question)
-When changing out of auto-level in camp mode it may take a few minutes so don’t expect to drive right away (8 mph max until reset)
-During an update you may be locked out of the center console because it is button actuated (happened to me)
-If your R1 is asleep and doesn’t unlock door right away with phone proximity press gear tunnel button on the way to the door to help wake it up.
-The higher the vehicle height is set the more it can leveled in camp mode (lowest doesn’t level on some slight terrain)
-Use clear or matte PPF for screen protectors. Buy a small roll on Amazon ($10) and trace a template on large paper from your screen. Apply like normal PPF
-Use rest of PPF in strips on door thresholds [see pic]

Additional Tips (added later):
-PPF on gear tunnel lower trim
-the speedometer type is very similar to headlights [pic below]

Rivian R1T R1S Helpful R1T / R1S Owner Tips πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸŽ“ F7CCC3ED-07B6-4670-A239-07EB4CFABDBF
(I reused an old For Rent sign)
Rivian R1T R1S Helpful R1T / R1S Owner Tips πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸŽ“ 2A868E9D-A817-413E-AACD-140AD9A506DF

Rivian R1T R1S Helpful R1T / R1S Owner Tips πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸŽ“ F22AE221-B92A-4E32-A46E-0876C5390381

Rivian R1T R1S Helpful R1T / R1S Owner Tips πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸŽ“ 633B58E2-2E2F-4BC2-B6FA-FF581DE87DE1
Sponsored

Last edited:

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
Wow! Lots of incredible tips. Thanks. How wide - front to back - is this under rear seat bin, at the top and the bottom? Also, how long is it? seems that this could be good location for a fridge - either in it or on a platform on top of it. Securing the fridge may be an issue.

Phillipsfest

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2018 S4, 2020 Jetta, 2015 ML350
Excellent tips that answer a lot of my questions after 5 days of ownership. Thanks, W1SE!

When did your Camp Mode update? Mine hasn't added that yet.

OP
OP
W1SE

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

Excellent tips that answer a lot of my questions after 5 days of ownership. Thanks, W1SE!

When did your Camp Mode update? Mine hasn't added that yet.
I was lucky and got updated in the first round on Friday 9/2. I was tailgating at a race and it was perfect to use while I was hanging around the truck all day.

Sponsored

mohab

First Name
MOHAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 LongHorn , Challenger Scat pack, BMW X3
Occupation
PHARMACIST
Thanks for the great tips, can you please put link for the ppf from amazon

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
I thought it would be nice to cover the things that don’t get covered in reviews. Those little bits information that could be nice for everyone to know.

So after having my truck 2 months I have come across little things from experience and forums that I thought would be nice to consolidate. I can add via edit others that come up.

-Use camp mode while hanging around vehicle to avoid proximity from continuous locking/unlocking
-Cut thin board (or flat plastic) to fit under back seat as dividers in the given slots (R1T) [see pic]
-Use pet mode for short stops in a store to keep cabin nice
-Use sport mode (lowest) for load/unloading the bed/back
-Use sport mode (lowest) for washing R1 to reach easier
-Turn off air in back seat to get more air in front
-Use R1 to power computer and light equipment when power is out (very useful even at work, I got internet going for everyone during outage)
-Change ride heights at stop lights to amuse the family behind you.
-Regularly use high quality lubricant on tonneau tracks (mine has always worked perfect)
-When asked β€œwhat is that?” Tell people its an R1x made by a new company named Rivian (to avoid β€œwho makes it” question)
-When changing out of auto-level in camp mode it may take a few minutes so don’t expect to drive right away (8 mph max until reset)
-During an update you may be locked out of the center console because it is button actuated (happened to me)
-If your R1 is asleep and doesn’t unlock door right away with phone proximity press gear tunnel button on the way to the door to help wake it up.
-The higher the vehicle height is set the more it can leveled in camp mode (lowest doesn’t level on some slight terrain)
-Use clear or matte PPF for screen protectors. Buy a small roll on Amazon ($10) and trace a template on large paper from your screen. Apply like normal PPF
-Use rest of PPF in strips on door thresholds [see pic]

F7CCC3ED-07B6-4670-A239-07EB4CFABDBF.jpeg
(I reused an old For Rent sign)
2A868E9D-A817-413E-AACD-140AD9A506DF.jpeg

F22AE221-B92A-4E32-A46E-0876C5390381.jpeg
Great post!

PPF on gear tunnel lower trim.

Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Nice tips. Maybe @RWerksman can make those dividers?
Perhaps. I'd want to add value though and I'd want to make sure these are actually needed. Generally I start with things that I feel like I need for my Rivian. I've never really thought about this.

If peeps are interested though, I can try working something up. Maybe using a black version of whatever was posted / posting templates?

rkalbiar

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T , 2024 Rivian R1S
Agreed, I did not know I needed these dividers until I saw this. That area, under rear drivers side seat is my main storage space for normal store runs and my shiz bangs around in there! Dividers would be nice. Hopefully there is interest. Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
W1SE

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

Great post!

PPF on gear tunnel lower trim.
Great idea, I just resigned to the scratches. But that is great, I am adding to the list

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Great tips. I actually raised it to high to wash it and just used a ladder to get to the roof and windows. Being (only slightly) north of 50, it's harder on my back to stoop and wash the lower panels/underbody, so the higher the truck is the better. I'm also short, so even the lowest setting wouldn't get my arms anywhere close to the whole roof and windows. To me, the truck just looks so much cooler the higher it is too, so the neighbors driving by can appreciate the awesomeness of the truck when I wash it.

Hitting the gear tunnel button to wake it up is my favorite. Driving me crazy standing next to the door waiting for it to unlock.