Sponsored

Help end debate: Is it true Rivian was scheduled to begin delivery of R1T in July, without details on infotainment or charging?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
. And the fact this his Instagram shows him flying economy on Southwest gives us a glimpse of his own lack of comfort in his future (future finances, current finances)
I would not expect the founder of a company which has a mandate that includes reducing one‘s environmental impact to be flying around on a bizjet where a commercial flight exists.
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
And the fact this his Instagram shows him flying economy on Southwest gives us a glimpse of his own lack of comfort in his future (future finances, current finances).
This is a baseless comment. The personal choice for his flight accommodations says nothing about the view he has of his personal financial status. Kind of taints this entire message IMO.

Ingvar Kamprad, the founder of IKEA, was one of the wealthiest men in the world, still flew coach and took the subway to work.

OP
OP

AndroidAppBundle

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bianchi
EV fire concerns aside; who thinks I will get a R1S delivered before my friend gets a Q4 etron delivered?

I’m just so annoyed at the pace other brands are getting their EV to market. The VW/Audi group particularly, with new models appearing out of thin air.

I’m annoyed that 1 of the 2 assembly lines is for commercial vehicles; I feel they have divided their attention between two different markets and customers. So they aren’t trying to release 1 vehicles - they are basically trying to release 3 at the same time. And....all we’re getting is delays, and no information. The fact a YouTuber just got to drive a euro-model q4 etron today....and like we can’t even get photographs of the interior.

It is becoming indefensible

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
One has to consider that a company like Ford and Volkswagen have been around for decades up decades, while Rivian is still a start up company. There are some serious production woes that Rivian is currently facing that those legacy companies have hurdled long ago. Is it frustrating? Yep, but Rivian is in their "baby steps" stages still.

OP
OP

AndroidAppBundle

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bianchi
when does a 14 year old company with over 7000 employees- that has raised over 10 billion dollars quit being a startup?

One has to consider that a company like Ford and Volkswagen have been around for decades up decades, while Rivian is still a start up company. There are some serious production woes that Rivian is currently facing that those legacy companies have hurdled long ago. Is it frustrating? Yep, but Rivian is in their "baby steps" stages still.

Sponsored

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
when does a 14 year old company that has raised over 10 billion dollars quit being a startup?

Interesting question. I guess I'd have to say when they finally get into a position where they've manage to produce a significant number of vehicles on a consistent basis without going through the hassle of not having enough production limitations and have been around long enough after producing their product to work out many of the startup kinks. How that applies directly to Rivian can vary time-wise.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV fire concerns aside; who thinks I will get a R1S delivered before my friend gets a Q4 etron delivered?

I’m just so annoyed at the pace other brands are getting their EV to market. The VW/Audi group particularly, with new models appearing out of thin air.

I’m annoyed that 1 of the 2 assembly lines is for commercial vehicles; I feel they have divided their attention between two different markets and customers. So they aren’t trying to release 1 vehicles - they are basically trying to release 3 at the same time. And....all we’re getting is delays, and no information. The fact a YouTuber just got to drive a euro-model q4 etron today....and like we can’t even get photographs of the interior.

It is becoming indefensible
compare the scale of VWAG to rivian. Of course vw is at market sooner.

Why would Rivian dedicate all their assembly line capacity to making what is for assembly purposes the same product(R1T/S) on parallel lines?
the vans are(as long as they’re still just Amazon ones) all identical. and there’s a large sold order for them, which is what’s enabling R1 production in the first place. So it’s worthwhile to just crank them out on their own line.

Maybe I’ve just spent too long in manufacturing to be annoyed by a company commissioning a new plant for brand new models being delayed, especially in the context of what the last year and a half has been like for the entire world.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
the vans are(as long as they’re still just Amazon ones) all identical.
There's actually 3 different sizes/versions, so not much different than the R1 line in that respect.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There's actually 3 different sizes/versions, so not much different than the R1 line in that respect.
“Different lengths of the same sausage” as was said about BMW in the old days

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
who thinks I will get a R1S delivered before my friend gets a Q4 etron delivered?
You do realize VW started working on the MEB platform in 2015/2016? That's two years before Rivian had Alpha builds of the R1 series. VW. The largest manufacturer in the world. You're bitching that an established subsidiary is likely to get a rebadged model of an already delivered model (ID.4) on an established platform to customer hands before a company that's (essentially) been starting from scratch over that same time frame.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Why compare it with the Model S Plaid?
Literally almost all of what I said applies to all trims of the refreshed S. The plaid was treated separately, and had a separate delivery party. People who received it didn't know much about it before taking delivery.

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
when does a 14 year old company with over 7000 employees- that has raised over 10 billion dollars quit being a startup?
That’s a valid point.

Now Is a good time for you to cancel before this whole charade is exposed and it’ll be hard to get your money back.

Last edited:

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Key word, up to. Friends point out no one has actually seen anything. In theory, there was supposed to be a $35,000 Model 3, but we see how that went.
See Tesla Website
Rivian R1T R1S Help end debate: Is it true Rivian was scheduled to begin delivery of R1T in July, without details on infotainment or charging? 1627316910090
Sponsored