Sponsored

CXC_Raffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Occupation
Nonprofit promoting effective and just state-level climate policy
Rivian R1T R1S Help a Climate Nonprofit and You Could Win a Rivian or Tesla, Taxes Paid! [Climate XChange Raffle] CXC-NewLogo grey letteri

Looking to make a difference with your gifting this holiday season? What if you could fund climate action while securing a chance to win the quickest SUV on the road or the most capable electric SUV off the road? You’re in luck because Climate XChange has launched our 7th Annual Raffle.

The Climate XChange raffle was shaped by the Tesla Motors Club community. It was started in 2015 by an early Model S owner who solicited ideas and input from other members to structure the raffle and its prizes. The first few years we held launch and drawing events with lots of owners in attendance, some of whom volunteered to put raffle promotional stickers on their Teslas. Covid-19 put an end to in-person events, but the raffle continues with drawings streamed online. From the start we’ve always paid federal and state prize taxes on the grand prize, and this year is our biggest prize pool yet — over $270,000 total!

But the world of EVs is evolving, and it was time to offer something new and different. So this year we’ve just added new options for our Grand Prize winner to choose: a Rivian R1S SUV or R1T Truck with any and all options! And to celebrate these new prizes, Climate XChange is now a Rivian Forums sponsor!

With rising gas prices, improvements in battery technology, and historic federal investments in EV infrastructure, there’s never been a better time to drive an electric vehicle. Not to mention that the transportation sector is one of the largest contributors to climate change in the U.S., and passenger vehicles make up more than half of its emissions. Every year our raffle not only supports our work, but also tackles greenhouse gas emissions by adding one lucky new EV driver on the road.

The U.S. is beginning to catch up on electrifying transportation, with Congress passing recent bills that make driving EVs more convenient and affordable. Last November’s Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (2021) launched major investments in building out the National Alternative Fuels Corridor — a network of highways and roads that highlight public charging stations to make EV travel convenient and accessible. The law supplies $5 billion for states to construct public charging infrastructure and compile a network for EV data collection and sharing and $2.5 billion for grants to states, local governments, and municipalities to install publicly accessible charging infrastructure.

This past summer, Congress passed the Inflation Reduction Act (2022), the country’s largest clean energy investment ever, extending 30 percent residential EV charging tax credits through 2032. These unprecedented investments will allow EV drivers to conveniently plug in during trips across town or across the country, making the decision to go electric easier than ever. But why buy a Tesla or a Rivian when you could win one?

This year, we’re offering our largest Grand Prize yet with a total value of up to $250,960, including federal and state taxes paid by us! Our Grand Prize winner will drive away in a custom-made Tesla of their choice, with options including the Model X Plaid — or a Rivian R1S SUV.

Tesla’s Model X Plaid combines instant speed with spacious luxury. Powered by three motors, the Model X Plaid can accelerate from 0–60 in 2.5 seconds and travel a quarter mile in 9.9 seconds, making it the quickest SUV on the road. Beyond its incredible speed, Tesla’s latest offering features the famous falcon wings, steering yoke and stunningly simplistic design the company is known for. Our winner can also choose one of Tesla’s S, Y or 3 models.

But we didn’t stop there. We just added a new alternative Grand Prize, the Rivian R1S SUV with any and all available options. Car critic Doug DeMuro called the R1S “the best all-around car I’ve ever tested,” and “the most amazing electric SUV yet.” Designed for an active lifestyle, the R1S seats seven and has dual or quad-motor AWD, 300+ mile range, 0-60 in 3 seconds, a ground clearance of up to 14.9” and the ability to wade through water up to over 3 feet. Unique features include a power front trunk hood, built-in air compressor, two 120v outlets and removable/rechargeable flashlight and bluetooth speaker. Or choose the Rivian R1T pickup, with a five person crew cab, 5-foot bed and many of the same specs and features.

We’re also offering 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th place cash prizes to increase your odds of winning.

This Year’s Prizes:
Grand Prize:
Your choice of:
Tesla Model X Plaid Luxury SUV or
Model S Plaid luxury performance sedan or
Model 3 Midsize Sedan or
Model Y Midsize SUV or
Rivian R1S SUV or
R1T Truck
with any options
Max car total (which is for Model X Plaid) = $165,640
Max Tax Payments = $85,346
Total Value = $250,986
Alternative Grand Prize: $100,000

2nd Prize $10,000
3rd Prize $5,000
4th Prize $3,000
5th Prize $2,000
Total Prize pool value over $270,000

BUY YOUR TICKETS TODAY

Every ticket purchase in the 7th Annual Tesla Raffle directly supports our nonprofit’s work decarbonizing our economy by advancing state-level climate policy. With historic federal investments in building a clean economy, states are primed for implementing climate plans and policies, accessing long-lasting funding sources, and assisting those on the front lines of the climate crisis. However, funding alone won’t solve the myriad of other challenges that stand in the way of states equitably reducing greenhouse gas emissions. It’s imperative that policymakers, business leaders, and advocates work together to pass climate policies that can achieve the greatest impact.

Learn more about Climate XChange

At Climate XChange, a Boston-based 501c3 nonprofit, our team is dedicated to making these policies a reality by equipping climate actors with data and resources for passing legislation and facilitating interstate collaboration. Through our campaign on the ground in Maryland and our State Climate Policy Network and Dashboard connecting policymakers and advocates from across the country, we’re harnessing the strength of thousands to push forward climate action on the state level.

There’s never been a better time to join the EV revolution. Get your hands on the quickest SUV on the road or the most capable electric SUV off the road in 2023 by entering our 7th Annual Tesla Raffle today.

Rivian R1T R1S Help a Climate Nonprofit and You Could Win a Rivian or Tesla, Taxes Paid! [Climate XChange Raffle] climatexchangeraffle
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXC_Raffle

CXC_Raffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Occupation
A quick update from the Raffle Director:

Hi all, as some of you may have guessed the whole Elon Musk Twitter adventure has soured a number of former and potential Tesla fans, particularly those who tend to support climate action, on Musk and the Tesla brand. I've heard from many past and potential ticket buyers that they're no longer interested in winning and driving a Tesla - and we've seen it in terms of lower ticket sales this year. We were already considering adding the R1S and R1T as new options for next year's raffle, but moved quickly to add them last month.

Unfortunately we are still way behind our normal sales track, as we still need to get the word out more broadly about the Rivians. So far we've sold a fraction of our maximum 5000 tickets. But what's bad for us is good for you - right now your odds of winning are much better, and if we don't succeed in selling out by the late February drawing you will have better than 1:5000 odds of winning. So please help fund our mission - to achieve a rapid and equitable transition towards a zero-emissions economy by advancing state climate policy - and buy a ticket today! Just click on the logo below - you might win a Rivian or Tesla, taxes paid!

Thanks in advance,
Peter

Rivian R1T R1S Help a Climate Nonprofit and You Could Win a Rivian or Tesla, Taxes Paid! [Climate XChange Raffle] 1670956306313

OP
OP
CXC_Raffle

CXC_Raffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Occupation
Hi all,
Time for another update. Sales are starting to pick up, as more past and potential buyers who were turned off by Elon's Twittering become aware of the additional prize options from Rivian. But we are still way behind our usual sales track. To let people know, we have turned on our ticket sales "speedometer" on the raffle site. Here's a current screen shot:

Rivian R1T R1S Help a Climate Nonprofit and You Could Win a Rivian or Tesla, Taxes Paid! [Climate XChange Raffle] 1671810200692-

This is a problem for Climate XChange - we need to sell out or at least come close to pay for our programs and staff - but an opportunity for you! Right now your odds have never been better to win a Tesla or Rivian. Please buy one or more tickets to support state climate policy and maybe win a car or cash prize! They make a great last-minute gift!

Thanks and Happy Holidays,
Peter

Rivian R1T R1S Help a Climate Nonprofit and You Could Win a Rivian or Tesla, Taxes Paid! [Climate XChange Raffle] 1671810109898-

OP
OP
CXC_Raffle

CXC_Raffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Occupation
Hi all, Happy New Year!
Sales are slowly growing - but too slowly! We have just over 6 weeks left, and 3300 tickets to sell! So right now your odds are really good to win a Tesla or Rivian of your choice, with any options, and taxes paid. My daughter is helping - she filmed this ad for TikTok, in exchange I gave her the Rivian t-shirt and bandana, and a pair of Adidas.

Thanks in advance for your support and participation - we really need it this year!
Peter

Rivian R1T R1S Help a Climate Nonprofit and You Could Win a Rivian or Tesla, Taxes Paid! [Climate XChange Raffle] 1673364043821-

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Just bought 2 tickets. Thanks for doing this. Will be another Rivian for me in the small chance I win! Happy to contribute to your cause regardless.

I’ve owned 3 Teslas, currently own a Model 3 and an Rivian R1T (with a second pre 3/1 preorder awaiting fulfillment) and am eager to move on from the Tesla brand and that man.

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Just bought 2 tickets. Thanks for doing this. Will be another Rivian for me in the small chance I win! Happy to contribute to your cause regardless.

I’ve owned 3 Teslas, currently own a Model 3 and an Rivian R1T (with a second pre 3/1 preorder awaiting fulfillment) and am eager to move on from the Tesla brand and that man.
Good cause but the politics of the CEO should not matter if you bought the car for environmental reasons. Just convenient now that Tesla has plenty of good competition.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Good cause but the politics of the CEO should not matter if you bought the car for environmental reasons. Just convenient now that Tesla has plenty of good competition.
Respectfully, how the politics of a CEO may or may not influence my purchasing decisions is none of your business or concern.

Please keep this thread focused on the raffle.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Respectfully, how the politics of a CEO may or may not influence my purchasing decisions is none of your business or concern.

Please keep this thread focused on the raffle.
Ok but you are the one who brought this up rather than, as in your first paragraph, focus on the raffle.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Ok but you are the one who brought this up rather than, as in your first paragraph, focus on the raffle.
Of course I brought it up. it’s related to the raffle.

The OP wrote:

“potential buyers who were turned off by Elon's Twittering become aware of the additional prize options from Rivian”

I fall into this group of potential buyers and am indicating to the OP that the decision to expand and include a Rivian option did, indeed, help with a couple raffle tickets sales in my case.

It’s a relevant comment in response to a marketing concern the OP expressed in an earlier post.

What’s not related to the raffle is how you think this group of potential buyers “should” feel.

I don’t want to detract further from this thread. Can we agree not to discuss this further here?

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Purchased 1 entry. Hope you're able to sell out! (Well, kinda don't lol, but no really, I do!)

EDIT: I am also one of those "I wouldn't have bought a ticket without a Rivian on the prize list." people. Gotta remain consistent with what I've said elsewhere - you couldn't pay me to own a Tesla now.

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Of course I brought it up. it’s related to the raffle.

The OP wrote:

“potential buyers who were turned off by Elon's Twittering become aware of the additional prize options from Rivian”

I fall into this group of potential buyers and am indicating to the OP that the decision to expand and include a Rivian option did, indeed, help with a couple raffle tickets sales in my case.

It’s a relevant comment in response to a marketing concern the OP expressed in an earlier post.

What’s not related to the raffle is how you think this group of potential buyers “should” feel.

I don’t want to detract further from this thread. Can we agree not to discuss this further here?
Happy to but you do seem to like people what they can and cannot discuss or when.

OP
OP
CXC_Raffle

CXC_Raffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Occupation

Purchased 1 entry. Hope you're able to sell out! (Well, kinda don't lol, but no really, I do!)

EDIT: I am also one of those "I wouldn't have bought a ticket without a Rivian on the prize list." people. Gotta remain consistent with what I've said elsewhere - you couldn't pay me to own a Tesla now.
Thank you both! And thanks to all who participate and/or spread the word. This is really critical for us going forward - and right now your odds of winning are really good!

obababoy

First Name
Chilbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 LR Discovery, 2011 WRX/STI, 2021 Palisade
Occupation
Cyber
Clubs

Bruh, has no one listened to Siddharth Kara talk about the cobalt mines in Congo? I get that we have to make a decision somewhere but like those cobalt mines that are supposed to be heavy machinery and being hand picked by 20000 men and teenagers...all the while decimating the Congo landscape and grooming something similar to workcamps. I'm sure this raffle will do well but it's a bit ironic lol.

And can we all stop the anti Elon virtue signaling...What a weird first world we live in. Good afternoon everyone...Ill buy a couple tickets.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Bruh, has no one listened to Siddharth Kara talk about the cobalt mines in Congo? I get that we have to make a decision somewhere but like those cobalt mines that are supposed to be heavy machinery and being hand picked by 20000 men and teenagers...all the while decimating the Congo landscape and grooming something similar to workcamps. I'm sure this raffle will do well but it's a bit ironic lol.

And can we all stop the anti Elon virtue signaling...What a weird first world we live in. Good afternoon everyone...Ill buy a couple tickets.
You can use virtue signaling in any context you like, but as a consumer the ONLY power I have to make my voice heard is via my dollars. EVERYONE spends their own money in their own manner for their own reasons. Why is it problematic that my reasons are Elon's a douchebag and someone else's reason is Tesla's quality sucks?

This isn't weird at all. This happens in every economy of any size or shape.

OP
OP
CXC_Raffle

CXC_Raffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Occupation

Thank you for buying tickets! As for the cobalt issue, it is clearly recognized as such by multiple manufacturers including Tesla, who have refined their battery chemistry to reduce or even eliminate cobalt. There are also efforts to enhance traceability of battery components so that reputable makers are not driving this abuse in the Congo. I am not enough of a Rivian expert to know where they're getting batteries but imagine Rivian is working on these improvements as well.

It's also ironic that this entire conversation is likely being created and viewed on laptops and phones that are powered by batteries with cobalt. 🤨

I think we as consumers can help by buying from reputable manufacturers working to improve the situation. Also, there is a lot of noise about the impact of battery production, but it should be compared not with perfection but with the current alternative - gasoline and diesel production, and the environmental, health and climate impacts thereof. While noting the key difference between one-time battery production (with potential for end-of-life reuse and recycling), and the continuous production, transportation, and combustion of fossil fuels in ICE vehicles.

We've strayed significantly off-topic, so back to the raffle! Sales are up slightly but we are far far from where we need to be. We have sold approximately 2000 tickets as of today. Last January I was panicking because we were still a little shy of 3000 tickets! We managed to sell out all 5000 with three days to spare, but the hole we're digging out of now is 1000 tickets deeper. It is likely that this year's buyers will end up with better odds than last year. And any tickets you buy now will help keep us operating that much longer, helping more states figure out the climate policies they need to put in place and how to best do it by learning from others who are ahead. So please consider buying one or more tickets today, and please spread the word to others - thanks in advance for your support!

Rivian R1T R1S Help a Climate Nonprofit and You Could Win a Rivian or Tesla, Taxes Paid! [Climate XChange Raffle] 1674145814238
Sponsored