Sponsored

Headlight adjustment needed

scottiedoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
This is very minor, but my left headlight is aiming slightly lower than my right, its just an annoyance I see every time the truck is pointing at a wall nearby, I just want to just jump out and aim it up a small amount.

Other cars have a page in the manual for how to adjust your headlights and only take a screwdriver and like 30 seconds under the hood. But with the frunk and the manual lacking any info on this. Any ideas on how?

I have a service appointment for other issues, but that isn't until end of January and rather just spend 5 minutes myself if something easily done.
Sponsored

Plummer43

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Clubs

This is very minor, but my left headlight is aiming slightly lower than my right, its just an annoyance I see every time the truck is pointing at a wall nearby, I just want to just jump out and aim it up a small amount.

Other cars have a page in the manual for how to adjust your headlights and only take a screwdriver and like 30 seconds under the hood. But with the frunk and the manual lacking any info on this. Any ideas on how?

I have a service appointment for other issues, but that isn't until end of January and rather just spend 5 minutes myself if something easily done.
Rivian R1T R1S Headlight adjustment needed Screenshot_20221202_164322_Samsung Notes

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It's supposed to be that way, reduces the potential for blinding oncoming traffic.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It’s the way the beam pattern is required to be shaped by law. The cutoff is much more noticeable with LED and HID lights.
Rivian R1T R1S Headlight adjustment needed 1670108951207

put a headlight aiming machine and you’ll likely find it’s a little low(most vehicles are aimed “”low and legal” from the factory), but within legal limits.

it does NOT take a screwdriver and 30 seconds to properly aim headlights.

Sponsored

Jasonhc73

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T, '21 Energica EsseEsse9+
Occupation
Real Estate
Both my lights are too low.

Rivian should give this option to adjust the aim to the driver, just like in a Tesla, from the drivers seat with the turn of the thumb controls.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Rivian should give this option to adjust the aim to the driver, just like in a Tesla, from the drivers seat with the turn of the thumb controls.
That would be abused so easily.

I’m surprised Tesla allows that.

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T

Hmm, model 3/y lights are always bad. But I keep telling myself that drivers are not to blame for that. You are saying that is not true!

I did not notice the same with model S/X

Jasonhc73

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T, '21 Energica EsseEsse9+
Occupation
Real Estate
Hmm, model 3/y lights are always bad. But I keep telling myself that drivers are not to blame for that. You are saying that is not true!

I did not notice the same with model S/X
There is almost zero leeway for the lights to be perfect. two clicks too high and you are blinding everyone and you can't see the road properly, two clicks too low and the lights are about half a block in front of you. Once set in that 3-click range, they are perfect. :)

Sponsored

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
oh Lordy no to owner-adjusted headlights. 😨 It's bad enough with all the idiots driving around on the freeway with their high beams on....now add in people self-adjusting and it'll really be a mess.

If you think they aren't adjusted correct, open a ticket and have it added to your next visit. They'll happily check to see they are in spec.

Shawnybs

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T CY/OC and Tesla M3P
Clubs

When you open the frunk, there is a panel at the front that pops off. Under that you'll see the key access holes for the headlamps that uses a special tool to move the adjustment bolts for the headlamps with a cam/gear. There is a d and u with directional arrows letting you know which direction moves them down and up.

You can get to the bolts themselves with a skinny wrench and some acrobatics or you can remove the frunk tub and its really easy to get to.
Sponsored