Sponsored

Have come full circle

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
So, I decided to take delivery of the car that got me into wanting to go BEV, which lead to the Rivian.
Rivian R1T R1S Have come full circle 20220723_202842

Rivian R1T R1S Have come full circle 20220723_202721

I wasn't planning on going with the S especially with the refresh they did, the damn York and all their build quality issues, I was on the fence.

But, considering my reservation was before the last two price increases and how much in value this thing has gone up in, and me wanting to itch the scratch for a new car, I decided to take the delivery.
Sponsored

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
Model S is dope. I have a hard time getting in/out of this but I love the car, engineering, and everything they did with this. You won’t be dissatisfied. Your passengers on the other hands, might be with the instant acceleration and very stable cornering Ability. My wife doesn’t enjoy you driving in the Model Y as “it’s jerky” going off the brake to start. The instant torque makes it feel more jerky than it is.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Beautiful!! Love the color and wheel choice... best of luck with it :)

SRTConvert

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lincoln Navigator L
Great choice. Put the suspension in "Comfort" and set the acceleration mode to "Chill" and your passengers will appreciate it.

Now that I've been driving mine for 8 months, I leave it in "Insane" all the time and have learned to modulate the accelerator for passengers.

You won't be disappointed by the S and may, as have I, come to appreciate the Yoke. Great visibility and part of the experience.

One tip, get a 1/2" transparent epoxy dot (hobby store or etsy) and stick it over the horn button. Makes it easy to find with your thumb in an emergency.

I ordered my Model S 2 years after I ordered my R1T. I plan to keep both.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rraj2k81

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Model S is dope. I have a hard time getting in/out of this but I love the car, engineering, and everything they did with this. You won’t be dissatisfied. Your passengers on the other hands, might be with the instant acceleration and very stable cornering Ability. My wife doesn’t enjoy you driving in the Model Y as “it’s jerky” going off the brake to start. The instant torque makes it feel more jerky than it is.
As a first time Tesla, TBH I find the technology underwhelming. There are elements that Tesla gets right on this Model S, but there are a couple of places that I find very underwhelming. I am not a big fan of the Model S driving dynamics either, but then again, I have been driving a smaller and nimbler Audi S4 compared to the Model S, so I will have to align my expectations to driving this big boat.

I absolutely hate the Yoke steering. I have to throw all my driving techniques out the wind and figure out some new techniques to figure out how to drive that thing.

Also, I can't test Autopilot or any of the EAP functionality, because the driver side camera is non-functional, and I have mobile service coming this week to check it out.

The one thing I will say is, this thing is one good looking car especially in the Blue, and has a commanding presence when it's in my driveway.

OP
OP
rraj2k81

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Great choice. Put the suspension in "Comfort" and set the acceleration mode to "Chill" and your passengers will appreciate it.

Now that I've been driving mine for 8 months, I leave it in "Insane" all the time and have learned to modulate the accelerator for passengers.

You won't be disappointed by the S and may, as have I, come to appreciate the Yoke. Great visibility and part of the experience.

One tip, get a 1/2" transparent epoxy dot (hobby store or etsy) and stick it over the horn button. Makes it easy to find with your thumb in an emergency.

I ordered my Model S 2 years after I ordered my R1T. I plan to keep both.
That's an awesome recommendation about the epoxy dot. This will definitely solve a lot of headaches with the blinkers and the horn.

This thing feels like riding an elephant in Comfort suspension and Chill acceleration. I can feel the weight and size of this vehicle. So have the steering and suspension at its stiffest.
I love the motor whine in Insane mode, it sounds like the Supercharger whine of my S4.

I am really hoping I will start liking the yoke, because I absolutely hate it. I have to throw all my driving techniques and re-learn driving to use the yoke. I took it on a back road over the weekend, and the yoke was really challenging to drive on those roads.

My plan is to keep it for a year or so, until my IX M50 becomes available, and I would decide if I want to keep it or not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rraj2k81

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Looks like my car’s big brother/sister
516DC468-953C-4618-83B0-5F8157C0B746.jpeg
In my opinion this blue is the best color Tesla offers.
It has a presence with this color.
Sponsored