Sponsored

Has anyone received their refund for an amended 2022 federal tax return?

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I filed my federal return before taking delivery and have since filed my amended return, which was accepted right away (about a month ago now) but I still haven't received the $7,500 refund.

I know many people received their refund pretty quickly on their original return, but wondering if any others have filed an amended return and received the refund yet. I tried tracking it through the IRS website but it doesn't like my inputs :(
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I filed my federal return before taking delivery and have since filed my amended return, which was accepted right away (about a month ago now) but I still haven't received the $7,500 refund.

I know many people received their refund pretty quickly on their original return, but wondering if any others have filed an amended return and received the refund yet. I tried tracking it through the IRS website but it doesn't like my inputs :(
Amendments take a lot longer to process in my experience.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Hell, my kid still hasn't gotten his *MAIN* refund filed at the beginning of April...

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Last I checked, IRS is 16-20 weeks out for Amendment refund processing. I too am waiting for mine that was submitted and accepted in March (after I submitted my returns and received my original refund).

By the way, I am able to track mine on the where's my amendment refund status page that the IRS provides. It shows accepted, but still pending on Adjustment Made.

Last edited:

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I filed an extension so that I could avoid an amendment...That said, I'll be curious to hear how long it takes. Hopefully, not the full 16-20 weeks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
freshpow

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Thanks all, very helpful. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything and will be sure to update once it's received.

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Subscribed. This will definitely be a useful thread for tracking! Hoping to submit my amendment within a week.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

My regular refund took 6-7 weeks, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sponsored

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone mind listing what exact documents were submitted. Is it just the tax form or do I have to upload the copy of the SBA and purchase agreement signed for delivery? I'm using our CPA that did our taxes in March, but I want to make sure I get him all the correct documents.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Add me to the list. We filed our taxes and received our original refund in early March about 2 weeks after filing. We then filed our amended return the second week of March just days after taking delivery of our R1S. Have not heard anything since.

We filed using TurboTax this year. I went into TurboTax in filled out the electric vehicle paperwork using the buyer's agreement date as the data purchase as the IRS guidance suggested and was cited elsewhere on the forums here. It said it qualified for the $7,500 but then our refund for the amended return dropped to $7300 and change because we didn't qualify for something else at that point. I had also gotten a rebate on my EV charger I installed last year so maybe that had something to do with it.

Riv it up

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Submitted my amended return in March, said it was processed and completed per the the IRS amended website a little over a week ago. But still no deposit in my account yet.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
I filed an extension so that I could avoid an amendment...That said, I'll be curious to hear how long it takes. Hopefully, not the full 16-20 weeks!
Your max pack will deliver past the extension deadline, most likely, so plan to amend.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Refund.... Geesh.
Sponsored