Sponsored

Has anyone received a Black Mountain interior -- NO wood.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I agree! That’s why I initially selected it. But I believe it has directly affected my delivery date and have switched it out…. Will be interesting to see if my delivery date revises forward.
I totally agree it has. Seems like Q3 for releasing it in theory.
Sponsored

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma
There's been one in the R1 shop for a week or two now.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I think the vinyl deliveries starting will coincide with an increase in the wood option pricing.

Reactions: Guy

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I think the vinyl deliveries starting will coincide with an increase in the wood option pricing.
I agree with this. The wood option has to cost a fair amount more to produce, so I see then elevating the price premium for it at some point, or more covertly flooding the shop with the vinyl versions so one has to chose the less costly to produce vinyl or wait an unknown time for a wood version. Just seems plausible approach to me.

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here's a screenshot. I guess the shop inventory is still different for different people/locations.

Rivian R1T R1S Has anyone received a Black Mountain interior -- NO wood. Screenshot_20230530_105142_Chrome

Sponsored

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I agree with this. The wood option has to cost a fair amount more to produce, so I see then elevating the price premium for it at some point, or more covertly flooding the shop with the vinyl versions so one has to chose the less costly to produce vinyl or wait an unknown time for a wood version. Just seems plausible approach to me.
Yeah the way I see it is the vinyl was originally for the cheaper Explore trim. They cancelled that and are slowly moving it into the regular Adventure time. Kinda similar to the Meridian audio branding going away. Basically cost cutting/price increase.

strangelove

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black R1S, '23 Pacifica Hybrid, '17 Grand Sport CE
Occupation
Game Developer
Clubs

I have the ocean coast with ash wood, and have to say the wood inlays all over the interior might be thing that makes it feel most like it's a 90k vehicle. The seat details are great, too, but the wood... chef's kiss emoji.
Sponsored