Sponsored

Has anyone received a Black Mountain interior -- NO wood.

utcadman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Software
I am wondering if I should change my order to the Dark Ash Wood to improve my delivery. If it would improve my delivery?? Or if any change would delay me?!

Are there any non wood interiors out there?

Thanks!!
Sponsored

JPC

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Limestone - Forest Edge - 21"
Honestly I just can't even imagine someone wanting the fake leather dash. If Rivian sells 10 of those I won't be surprised.

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
No way to know for certain. If you are set on the vegan leather dash, I would stick with what you want and patiently wait.
The wood finish is really, really nice and unique IMO. I watched a Munro Live video where the employee was bashing it like crazy and talking about how it might snag a towel when cleaning and complaining about the direction of the grain. Some people just canā€™t be happy. I guess that would be 1 of the 10 people to buy it but Iā€™m not sure where the 9 others are.

Sponsored

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
I don't even see it listed in the current configurator...

Rivian R1T R1S Has anyone received a Black Mountain interior -- NO wood. Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 3.53.44 PM

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I don't even see it listed in the current configurator...

Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 3.53.44 PM.png
Thatā€™s interesting. Did they already scrap this? Hopefully they would let those who may have already chosen it know!

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
No clue but I was just granted access to configure a little while back and it's never been there that I recall.

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
The visualizer seems to have it???

Rivian R1T R1S Has anyone received a Black Mountain interior -- NO wood. Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 4.38.31 PM

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Short answer: I believe production has not yet started.

I changed my config to Black Mountain with Vegan Leather Accents on 10/14/22, the day I got an email announcing the "new interior accents." My delivery estimate is May-Jun '23. I assume it's still going to happen ... I haven't heard otherwise.

If you look at this link to survey results from the Jan 31 udpates, you'll see that 3rd quarter of '23 is when deliveries of the "vinyl dash" ramp up. The survey shows 3 vinyl dash deliveries scheduled for 2nd quarter (2 @ BM, 1 @ OC), and I'm one of them. I'm hoping for delivery in June.

Some will question my sanity for choosing vinyl instead of wood. Nevertherless, I will post photos as soon as I take delivery.

Sponsored

OP
OP

utcadman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Software
Thanks everyone. I selected that option right when they announced it. I was a Feb 21 pre order and initially had and April June delivery. After the last update i was pushed to October December. I reconfigured with the wood just now so I am hoping my delivery will be shorted not longer....

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Honestly I just can't even imagine someone wanting the fake leather dash. If Rivian sells 10 of those I won't be surprised.
The wood finish is really, really nice and unique IMO. I watched a Munro Live video where the employee was bashing it like crazy and talking about how it might snag a towel when cleaning and complaining about the direction of the grain. Some people just canā€™t be happy. I guess that would be 1 of the 10 people to buy it but Iā€™m not sure where the 9 others are.
Plenty of people don't like the look of wood trim in vehicles. If people want an easier to clean trim, particularly for an "adventure" vehicle that seems quite reasonable.

R1SorBust

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Personally, I believe the vinyl wrapped option brings a more upscale look and feel to the cabin and, imo, is more suited for the suv. I have quickly warmed up to the idea of the BM interior with vinyl dash to pair with FG or Midnight exterior.

the ā€˜roughā€™ grained (and literally rough feeling) wood dash might be best suited for a truck and having an all leather dash gives buyers an opportunity at a more upscale look and feel in their suv.

despite all of our personal preferences, I think one thing is for sureā€¦ā€¦there is no wrong answer! All the interior specs are uniquely good in their own way.

OP
OP

utcadman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Software
I agree! Thatā€™s why I initially selected it. But I believe it has directly affected my delivery date and have switched it outā€¦. Will be interesting to see if my delivery date revises forward.
Sponsored