Sponsored

Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date?

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Our son pre-ordered a LE R1S on November 29, 2018. He has an April/May, 2022 delivery window. He is in Jacksonville, Florida. We pre-ordered on the same day and have a first half of 2023 delivery window. We are in the rural Florida Panhandle. Ours is an R1T Adventure Package. It goes to show that choosing the wrong model can set you back a year.

SuEllyn and Brian

Last edited:

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Location. Location. Location. This appears to play a huge factor in delivery timeframes. Iā€™ve seen many people on Rivian trackers with deliveries before me, and others in my area, who ordered after me. At least from what Iā€™ve seen, this appears to be a big factor.

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Location. Location. Location. This appears to play a huge factor in delivery timeframes. Iā€™ve seen many people on Rivian trackers with deliveries before me, and others in my area, who ordered after me. At least from what Iā€™ve seen, this appears to be a big factor.
Yes. They're prioritizing locations that are very near service centers and that are ideal for marketing. So if you're not in a major, EV friendly city (NYC, Denver, Seattle, LA probably the big 4).. good luck!

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
[ā€¦] have a first half of 2023 delivery window. [ā€¦] Ours is an R1T Adventure Package.
Did you order the max pack? Because Almost all R1T w/ Adventure and the (standard) large pack are getting delivery dates in 2022, including much later, non-LE orders.

On the other hand, every single R1T with a max pack was pushed to 2023, and given really vague 1st/2nd-half windows.

Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Did you order the max pack? Because Almost all R1T w/ Adventure and the (standard) large pack are getting delivery dates in 2022, including much later, non-LE orders.

On the other hand, every single R1T with a max pack was pushed to 2023, and given really vague 1st/2nd-half windows.

No, We did not order the Max Pack. We have a very early pre-order (11/29/2018). The other thing that may put us at the back of the line is that we are located in the rural Florida Panhandle, not near any major metropolitan area.

Brian

r1t_kev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
No, We did not order the Max Pack. We have a very early pre-order (11/29/2018). The other thing that may put us at the back of the line is that we are located in the rural Florida Panhandle, not near any major metropolitan area.

Brian

I feel this - I'm in central Pennsylvania. Currently the only manufacturer approved for direct-to-customer sales in my state is Tesla, though there is a proposal to expand that. I'm guessing there won't be a big push for a Rivian hub in PA until the government is more friendly; they pulled all of the Philadelphia job listings. Hopefully in the next 2 years this changes.

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, R1T
Occupation
Engineer
What's interesting is I have a fairly early March/April timeframe and an 11/3/19 reservation date. I live in a small town, and Normal is the closest service center, which is 400mi away. I'd consider that 'not close.'

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 1974 914
Occupation
Engineer
What's interesting is I have a fairly early March/April timeframe and an 11/3/19 reservation date. I live in a small town, and Normal is the closest service center, which is 400mi away. I'd consider that 'not close.'
Q1/2019 pre-order but no delivery window but CS told me sometime in 2022. Located in Toronto w/ton's of chargers and teslas around. Hoping the delivery window that I receive is earlier in 2022 and not later.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Brian
This just seems "wrong" on many levels not being a Max. Have you spoken with CS about it? Your description ought to be a Q3/4 2022 delivery commitment.

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I feel this - I'm in central Pennsylvania. Currently the only manufacturer approved for direct-to-customer sales in my state is Tesla, though there is a proposal to expand that. I'm guessing there won't be a big push for a Rivian hub in PA until the government is more friendly; they pulled all of the Philadelphia job listings. Hopefully in the next 2 years this changes.
Hopefully our lawmakers don't drag their feet on this too long. I saw on their maps from the IPO presentation they showed a service station in the Harrisburg area, but I guess that is contingent on all of this too.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Did you reserve EXPLORE package?

This just seems "wrong" on many levels not being a Max. Have you spoken with CS about it? Your description ought to be a Q3/4 2022 delivery commitment.
Explore was delayed to 2023+ along with Max... So perhaps that may be their issue?

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Yes, we did order the Explore Package. We actually prefer the Explore Package. We like the black outside rearview mirrors. We also think that the wood dashboard trim in kind of cheesey.

We may consider upgrading to the Adventure Package if we can get delivery in mid 2022.

SuEllyn and Brian

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
Iā€™m in central PA as well. Pennsylvania sucksā€¦

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Iā€™m in central PA as well. Pennsylvania sucksā€¦
Gents: I too, am residing in central PA; land of unreliable vehicle delivery estimates, and even more unreliable weather forecasts.
Sponsored