Sponsored

Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date?

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

It would be a steep ramp, but they just had the first real public marketing ever with the IPO and it's now a production vehicle and not a projected one.

I'm actually surprised they don't lower the reservation deposit to $100, given that they don't need the cash now. Their stock price will be driven by that reservation number as much/more than anything for a while.
There have been debates about $100 vs $1000 and does $1000 show more seriousness? While I see the impact a larger reservation number could have on the stock in the short term this will be irrelevant if they, by some estimates, will barely get to 50k by the end of 2023.
Sponsored

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
There have been debates about $100 vs $1000 and does $1000 show more seriousness? While I see the impact a larger reservation number could have on the stock in the short term this will be irrelevant if they, by some estimates, will barely get to 50k by the end of 2023.
Yeah, you could argue a huge reservation number dissuades new orders that may be real if I think it may be 5 years before I get it (looking at you Ford).

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Apparently Canadians go to the back of the line for LE. Dec 2018 pre-order....somewhere around #2600. White R1S, 20 wheels and off-road package. We have to wait until July-September 2022 now.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Apparently Canadians go to the back of the line for LE. Dec 2018 pre-order....somewhere around #2600. White R1S, 20 wheels and off-road package. We have to wait until July-September 2022 now.
Sorry to hear you are delayed more than others but does make sense for them to focus on US sales as they are rolling out US service centers first.

cheungkm

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Chevy Suburban
I just got a April - May 2022 delivery window email for a R1S LE in Washington State.

Pre-ordered in April 2019.

Sponsored

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I think people are underestimating the actual impact Covid is having.

Walk around the stores and look at all of the empty shelf space.

I had solar installed this year, what normally would be a 2 month process took almost 8 months to complete. If I count when the electric company coming out for the final inspection almost 10 months as I had the PTO from the electric company 2 months before they did the final inspection of the panel upgrade (I did have the final city inspection before the PTO).
I just got a April - May 2022 delivery window email for a R1S LE in Washington State.

Pre-ordered in April 2019.
Hard to believe Rivian will start delivering non LE R1Ts in January 2022.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Sometimes you should just listen to what others are saying, and when it contradicts your beliefs, reevaluate your belief to consider whether it is flawed.
  1. Lucid's factory is orders of magnitude smaller than Rivian's, as in like 5x smaller in terms of annual production capacity. I don't even know whether they built it faster than Rivian, but it doesn't really matter because it's a false comparison.
  2. Rivian would tell you that it would have been faster/easier to build a factory of equal size from scratch than to retrofit one that had been sitting vacant. Case in point, I can build a house from scratch in 12 months but it takes 6+ months to renovate a kitchen. That's why their future ones will be ground up. They likely did it because it was perhaps more cost effective, and they didn't need speed based on where they were in R&D and expected timing for launch. Also from a risk management standpoint, if the world blew up, they could walk away and sell it, whereas new construction you're committed to the whole thing once you sign a GC contract and start.
  3. They are expanding Normal because at current capacity they will be supply constrained at the end of 2023 when it is expected to be running at full capacity on an annualized run rate basis. Therefore, they need to expand capacity to meet expected higher demand (which doesn't happen overnight). For the same reason, they need additional factory capacity to launch additional models which are critical to the business actually surviving (Normal will only make R1 S/T and the EDV) and to expand internationally.
  4. Hubs/Service centers are absolutely impacted by the pandemic. When people talk about supply chain disruptions (which also includes labor by the way), they aren't just talking about automotive parts. It's everything.
  5. It could go the other way around, for all we know, delays with Hubs/Service Centers were one of the causes of the delay in production. So, it's not as simple as just saying, why aren't they open if they planned to be selling vehicles already.
Very well put. I've been trying to tell people that it's going to be fall of next year for a lot of them and they don't want to accept it.

I don't have to like something to accept that it's true. I just have to accept that's the way it is and move on with my day.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3, SC Bronson
Occupation
Product Development
Got my EDD (Oct - Dec 2022) for my Nov 21 configured R1T with adventure pack
Quick question. What other order details could you share if you dont mind me asking (Eg. Day ordered in Nov, color, off-road upgrade, etc)?

jackk0807

First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MSLR, 22R1T, 21 G-wagon
Quick question. What other order details could you share if you dont mind me asking (Eg. Day ordered in Nov, color, off-road upgrade, etc)?
Sure r1t adventure package, forest green (ext), ocean coast (int), 21 road wheels and a few accessories (crossbar, bike mount, floor mats). Odered 11/13/21

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Sure r1t adventure package, forest green (ext), ocean coast (int), 21 road wheels and a few accessories (crossbar, bike mount, floor mats). Odered 11/13/21
Typo?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Probably not a typo. I ordered an Adventure R1T late September 2021, I am also Oct-Dec 2022 time frame. If anything, his time frame makes me think mine should be earlier in the window, closer to October. Now the actual accuracy of the dates are TBD. I would not be surprised by an actual delivery in Q1 2023 either.
Sponsored