Sponsored

Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date?

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
If you have a Launch Edition you'll probably get it next year. Anything else, I would assume it might push to 2023. I can't imagine the aren't suffering from the same global supply chain woes that all the other car manufacturers are experiencing and they are the smallest player in line to get what they need. Ford is buying millions more chips than Rivian and can throw their weight around.
Sponsored

Geoff

First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mercedes E wagon, 2010 Ford Spot trac
Occupation
retired
I do not understand why Rivian is not commutating with us! I would like be able to plan the tax credit in 2021. Jan 2021 delivery was pushed back to July than Nov. ... I think we all have been very peasant and followed all of Rivans requests.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
You just perfectly described “carefully crafted”, so thank you.
That's not perfectly crafted. Tbh, I wouldn't call them brand ambassadors either. Go hang out on the fitness side of insragram if you want to see carefully crafted brand ambassadors.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

So maybe they’re trying to call as many people as they can and then sending out the email to everyone else at the end of the month?
not surprising. just mathematically would have been extremely difficult for guides to contact all LE preorder holder before the end of the month, let alone before Thanksgiving. you can only call so many people with so many hours in the day.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

That's not perfectly crafted. Tbh, I wouldn't call them brand ambassadors either. Go hang out on the fitness side of insragram if you want to see carefully crafted brand ambassadors.
it is and it isn't carefully crafted. rivian does seem to approach its marketing/PR differently than an OEM and seems like they favor "grass roots" type look and feel. so having employees jump on IG is definitely a planned thing, but not what i would call carefully crafted. and i think they are ok with it.

not an excuse for poor comms, totally different thing and totally inexcusable.

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I do not understand why Rivian is not commutating with us! I would like be able to plan the tax credit in 2021. Jan 2021 delivery was pushed back to July than Nov. ... I think we all have been very peasant and followed all of Rivans requests.
Welcome to pre-ordering the first model from a brand new electric car company during a global supply chain crisis.

Expectations are just resentments under construction.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I have not been waiting as long as most of you, but we do still realize we're in the midst of a once in a lifetime global pandemic, right? Rivian, like almost everyone else is still trying to figure out how to operate right now, and that doesn't even factor in being a startup.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I have not been waiting as long as most of you, but we do still realize we're in the midst of a once in a lifetime global pandemic, right? Rivian, like almost everyone else is still trying to figure out how to operate right now, and that doesn't even factor in being a startup.
I'm really tired of every business and some apologist consumers using the "pandemic" as an excuse for everything. Yes, we are all living it. The "pandemic" is no longer a surprise to anyone -- there is no rock large enough to shield anyone from that reality.

The rest of us have had to figure out how to live with it. Changes were and are necessary. Other companies are affected and some are handling it better than others. The companies who are not handling it well should NOT be given a pass. They need to adapt and do better. Things won't go as smoothly as they did before, but the "oh gosh guys, life is tough so it's okay to be absolute crap and we don't even have to try" mentality needs to STOP.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

If you have a Launch Edition you'll probably get it next year. Anything else, I would assume it might push to 2023. I can't imagine the aren't suffering from the same global supply chain woes that all the other car manufacturers are experiencing and they are the smallest player in line to get what they need. Ford is buying millions more chips than Rivian and can throw their weight around.
It would be ridiculous if LE holders have to wait until 2023. There are not that many LE holders (less than 10000:by all accounts) and they have the manufacturing capacity for over 70000. Why build an expansion and a whole new factory if they cannot even get to five figures next year?
yes there are supply chain issues, but we are talking about trivial numbers when at least 12 million vehicles will be made in the US next year. They have had three years with the finished designs and a ready made factory. They had been expecting to start manufacture many months ago so they have already had delays. They are losing their first mover advantage, they have two years before the Lucid Gravity and Kia EV9 kick in in 2024.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I'm really tired of every business and some apologist consumers using the "pandemic" as an excuse for everything. Yes, we are all living it. The "pandemic" is no longer a surprise to anyone -- there is no rock large enough to shield anyone from that reality.

The rest of us have had to figure out how to live with it. Changes were and are necessary. Other companies are affected and some are handling it better than others. The companies who are not handling it well should NOT be given a pass. They need to adapt and do better. Things won't go as smoothly as they did before, but the "oh gosh guys, life is tough so it's okay to be absolute crap and we don't even have to try" mentality needs to STOP.
Exactly, they should be able to get the parts for fifty thousand vehicles next year. That is not too many tires, seats, wheels etc. The big boys manage to source in the millions.

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Covid is not an excuse for horrendous customer communication.

Email works pretty well even in the times of a pandemic.
Literally the one thing everyone can do during the pandemic is effectively communicate from a distance...

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I have to admit, I was terrified when I saw an IG screenshot with a comment by me and was immediately worried that I was going to be blasted out of this world with comments or critiques lol

In any case...CS has now changed their tune slightly. They are not saying LE will be contacted by Thanksgiving by a guide...I obtained the following information this morning:

"By the end of the month you will have delivery specifics. You may not actually be contacted by your guide yet however."

"I wouldn't rule out your guide contacting you, but you may not get contacted, but you will get delivery timing specific to your preorder."

"The information that is coming out should be a delivery window specific to your preorder."

"This will be an email from us with a delivery specific to your vehicle."

Haha oh wow , that's funny.

So this is a new development. All we have heard since May is ALL launch orders will be contacted by their guides by Thanksgiving. Now we will just get a delivery timing? I guess I expected about the same thing from a mass email.

Reactions: Rad

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It would be ridiculous if LE holders have to wait until 2023. There are not that many LE holders (less than 10000:by all accounts) and they have the manufacturing capacity for over 70000. Why build an expansion and a whole new factory if they cannot even get to five figures next year?
yes there are supply chain issues, but we are talking about trivial numbers when at least 12 million vehicles will be made in the US next year. They have had three years with the finished designs and a ready made factory. They had been expecting to start manufacture many months ago so they have already had delays. They are losing their first mover advantage, they have two years before the Lucid Gravity and Kia EV9 kick in in 2024.
Why would it be ridiculous? We have known since July that Rivian can't get enough chips and that production would be delayed. What has changed that makes you think they are going to ramp up production capacity that much? Do you know how many chips are in each truck? What are the trivial numbers that you are quoting?

“The cascading impacts of the pandemic have had a compounding effect greater than anyone anticipated,” Chief Executive Officer R.J. Scaringe said in a letter sent Friday to customers and viewed by Bloomberg. “Everything from facility construction, to equipment installation, to vehicle component supply (especially semiconductors) has been impacted by the pandemic.” July 16,2021

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
This is the exact reason I posted about Lucid deliveries taking place and their good communication. They are an EV startup, based in the US, and "started deliveries" at the same time as Rivian. This is about as good as a comparison gets. Why have they been able to deliver a decent number of vehicles to customers already and are provide good communication, but Rivian can't?

There is obviously a delay taking place. Whether it's supply chain, quality issues, last minute design fix, what ever the case, they should be willing to be more transparent with thousands of people waiting who gave them deposits 12+ months ago. They just had their IPO and are flush with cash. They are running out of excuses.
Sponsored