Sponsored

Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date?

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Dang you guys are good, maybe the CIA or FBI is hiring ?. I was thinking this morning we had the first non employee delivery. Guess not.
Having actually worked for the government (not CIA or FBI), the things people make public make them much easier to track than you would expect. Including many of us.

The internet is different than paper. More permanent, among other things.
Sponsored

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
“In no time” sounds better than “soon” — I think this is good news.
Can we start a petition to request Rivian scrub 'soon' from all marketing, and send it over to them with x thousand signatures?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 2015 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Physician
“In no time” sounds better than “soon” — I think this is good news.
I mean, I didn’t get my configuration in until late summer/early fall 2021, so I wouldn’t read into it too much at all. Only advantage I have is living so close to a service center that maaaaaybe I’ll see it sometime in 2023.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Most of the deliveries I've seen, all of which in my non professional opinion seem to have some sort of Rivian affiliation, have been accounts set up purely for advertising Rivian. This isn't a long time personal account used to talk about Rivian, the very first post is about Rivian and it's in the account name.
I've been saying this all along. Most of the accounts were opened just a few months ago. And all of them have the look and feel of advertising. They are trying to look normal and all, but most of it feels forced and just weird.

tobyringle

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I've been saying this all along. Most of the accounts were opened just a few months ago. And all of them have the look and feel of advertising. They are trying to look normal and all, but most of it feels forced and just weird.
Agreed. There is some very carefully crafted marketing going on there.

Sponsored

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
Agreed. There is some very carefully crafted marketing going on there.
Carefully crafted? No. Obviously they are employees HH and they are limited on what they can say and every brand with ambassadors wants you to start fresh to limit drama such as political or religious statements being affiliated with a poster.

tobyringle

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Carefully crafted? No. Obviously they are employees HH and they are limited on what they can say and every brand with ambassadors wants you to start fresh to limit drama such as political or religious statements being affiliated with a poster.
You just perfectly described “carefully crafted”, so thank you.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
Rivian seems to be in more of Beta or Pilot testing than actual production.

I don't know how many members are on this forum, but as a comparison I'm on the Lucid forum as well. The Rivian forum is much larger, maybe 10-20X. 4 members of the Lucid forum have taken delivery and 6 more have confirmed deliver dates in the next couple of weeks. Many more have been contacted by their delivery advisor to lock their build, and are being told 2 months for delivery. I'm sure some of the first Lucid Airs went to "special" employees or investors, but at least they are moving along with actual customer delivers.

The radio silence after the first set of non-customer deliveries has been painful.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Ignoring a simple question. Almost Nov. Let's see if a non employee gets a vehicle by Thanksgiving.

Screenshot_20211030-132449_Instagram.jpg
I have to admit, I was terrified when I saw an IG screenshot with a comment by me and was immediately worried that I was going to be blasted out of this world with comments or critiques lol

In any case...CS has now changed their tune slightly. They are not saying LE will be contacted by Thanksgiving by a guide...I obtained the following information this morning:

"By the end of the month you will have delivery specifics. You may not actually be contacted by your guide yet however."

"I wouldn't rule out your guide contacting you, but you may not get contacted, but you will get delivery timing specific to your preorder."

"The information that is coming out should be a delivery window specific to your preorder."

"This will be an email from us with a delivery specific to your vehicle."

EDIT: I have LE R1T LG configured, has been set that way a few months now.

Last edited:

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
I have to admit, I was terrified when I saw an IG screenshot with a comment by me and was immediately worried that I was going to be blasted out of this world with comments or critiques lol

In any case...CS has now changed their tune slightly. They are not saying LE will be contacted by Thanksgiving by a guide...I obtained the following information this morning:

"By the end of the month you will have delivery specifics. You may not actually be contacted by your guide yet however."

"I wouldn't rule out your guide contacting you, but you may not get contacted, but you will get delivery timing specific to your preorder."

"The information that is coming out should be a delivery window specific to your preorder."

So maybe they’re trying to call as many people as they can and then sending out the email to everyone else at the end of the month?

Sponsored

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V

Are you getting an R1T or R1S? I am guessing no estimate yet for R1S when they haven't even started building.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
So maybe they’re trying to call as many people as they can and then sending out the email to everyone else at the end of the month?
It was clear it would not be a mass email. It will be a delivery window specific to my preorder config. This would indicate the first time we have received delivery information specific to our order, vs a blanket update. His overall tone was definitely positive and he kept making comments it may not me as long as I think it would be, given the history of how dates have been handed out in the past. He left me with a cliff hanger statement ending with "...it might be sooner than you think." There was also mention of the state of not knowing hard details about my delivery would "coming to an end for you pretty soon".

It definitely sounds like they are getting better information compiled from the production process now and hopefully we will all have a specific delivery timeframe s00n, or at least on the Launch Edition pre-orders.

I left the door open suggesting a surprise birthday delivery in 7-days would be a great idea...

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
If I got a call from a guide. I'm primarily interested in knowing the delivery window (and also when I can get my charger ahead of delivery...but mostly when is delivery). Unless it's within the next 30-60 days - they can give me that info via email. I don't need a phone-call with it.

I'd be happy with an email containing:
- Your R1S will be delivered in {month x/y}.
- Your guide is {name} and they will reach out s00n. Any questions, e-mail them at {}.

I really don't need a personal call right now. I just want the information. I'll have questions for them closer to delivery....but I just want to know what the goal-posts are for now so I can start planning around that.