Sponsored

Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date?

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Here is the deal, if I post, do you guys promise not to figure out where I live, what I ate, etc? You already know I am on Long Island.

And my two guests are my kids, both of whom are young so I don't know the quality of vids you will get : )

My wife was cool with me taking them instead of her
Ha! Deal. 110% fair. Like I've mentioned previously, I think a lot of people scrambling like that to find info is because Rivian isn't super forthcoming with the info. So us passionate people are digging for it wherever we can.
Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Here is the deal, if I post, do you guys promise not to figure out where I live, what I ate, etc? You already know I am on Long Island.
I fell like the whole thing here lately with snooping on people who post pictures of recently delivered R1T's is unsurprisingly caused by the opaque nature of the deliveries to date and people attempting to determine progress when no other source of information is provided. Most of it is attempting to determine if the delivery is to yet another employee or someone 'real'.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
None of the posted NY First Mile were employees.
You are confusing this with a different set of whining. The correct whine for First Mile test drives in NY is "Media/influencer and doesn't count". ;)
Yes, and my thread re: Home Test Drives was deleted for that bunk reason, but here I am vindicated and it feels oh so good.

Toadkillerdog

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo, 2020 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Physician
Well well well. So happy to hear that non employees are getting trucks too! I have A Ford F-150 hybrid Limited trim being built right now and plan to sell it when the r1t arrives. Was going to do the same and buy a f150 Lightning instead but ordered the Rivian when I saw the motor trend first look video and saw the 400 mile range with max battery on the config site. Probably gonna take a big hit but wifey says I can have only one truck lol. Hope I get a good trade in deal from Rivian or get a good offer from a dealer for my f150 hybrid when it’s time. ?‍♂

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Well well well. So happy to hear that non employees are getting trucks too! I have A Ford F-150 hybrid Limited trim being built right now and plan to sell it when the r1t arrives. Was going to do the same and buy a f150 Lightning instead but ordered the Rivian when I saw the motor trend first look video and saw the 400 mile range with max battery on the config site. Probably gonna take a big hit but wifey says I can have only one truck lol. Hope I get a good trade in deal from Rivian or get a good offer from a dealer for my f150 hybrid when it’s time. ?‍♂
My understanding is that only people affiliated with Rivian are getting deliveries at this time.

The luckiest of us peons can attend a first mile event or go to the single solitary showroom experience center, but that's about it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BPL

BPL

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E30 325i, E90 328i, XC90
I'm right there at 12/03/18 with you...and no Concierge contact yet.. but I did get an invite for a 1st mile test drive and they are bringing an R1T to my house next week!
What!? That's awesome

OP
OP
BPL

BPL

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E30 325i, E90 328i, XC90
I'm also 12/3/18. But for an R1S. Where are you located? I'm in Atlanta so no 1st mile events announced anywhere near here to my knowledge.
I'm in Charlotte, it's got to be close to lowest on the totem pole :(

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
I fell like the whole thing here lately with snooping on people who post pictures of recently delivered R1T's is unsurprisingly caused by the opaque nature of the deliveries to date and people attempting to determine progress when no other source of information is provided. Most of it is attempting to determine if the delivery is to yet another employee or someone 'real'.
Interesting point. I am certainly not an employee! I think that is part of it.

This may just be my age (not quite old, not quite young), but I just think the internet (more specifically the twitterfication/instagramification/and before that facebookafication of life) has changed the way people think and act.

Ask anyone over 35 if they think some of the stuff and suggestions on this forum feel a little invasion of privacy-ish, and I would think you would get a reasonable hit rate.

I think there would be a decent level of this even if Rivian was open komono.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Thinking about doing the same thing with a Gen 3 Raptor which should show up next week.
Being that we live in California, we get hit with lots of taxes and zero tax credit.
Wondering if I should wait out and get the R1T or get the Raptor and sell it when the R1T shows up. Got 3 other cars (911, Tesla M3P and Volvo 940) but I’ve always wanted a Raptor!!!

747 Whalewatcher

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S and Mercedes 450GLS
Occupation
Airline Operations

And my two guests are my kids, both of whom are young so I don't know the quality of vids you will get : )

My wife was cool with me taking them instead of her
Same here and sorry if this thread went off-topic. 30 minutes is not a lot of time...but I'm surprised and impressed Rivian is taking the time with regular reservation holders. If anyone is interested, pics and details to follow soonest. Also If anyone here has any specific questions or details they are looking to get info on, let me know and I'll do my best. I am making a list of questions and will have a pre-planned driving route mapped out to optimize my experience.

Sponsored

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Thinking about doing the same thing with a Gen 3 Raptor which should show up next week.
Being that we live in California, we get hit with lots of taxes and zero tax credit.
Wondering if I should wait out and get the R1T or get the Raptor and sell it when the R1T shows up. Got 3 other cars (911, Tesla M3P and Volvo 940) but I’ve always wanted a Raptor!!!
Me too.

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

thread drift: Why did you go with black instead of white? i have similar res but went with white interior.
I like the light interior, I think it freshens it up, but something about the black makes me feel more comfortable. A psychological thing I guess.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Hope they can start wrapping them a bit to protect from rocks, etc.
I saw a photo of some on a trailer that were partially wrapped.
Sponsored