Sponsored

Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date?

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Yep. I have felt this feeling before, and the outcome was a last second delay announcement…twice.
Third times a charm!??
I suspect the probability of Rivian actually hitting their dates is about the same as them hitting their estimated $80B valuation. In other words, not very likely. I always joke that everything is 50/50, either it does happen or it does not happen. While this is still a 50/50 chance for Rivian, I would be comfortable putting my money on "does not happen".

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

All hail @DuckTruck the one true Bruce (sorry @Eeyore )
No worries. He's definitely ahead of me in line as he put in his pre-order way, way before I did. I think his pre-order with right at the beginning, while my pre-order date was about 2 days before the configure site went live. Then when it opened, I configured a LE because it said that would get priority delivery. I'm probably near the end of the line for LE deliveries.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

Third times a charm!??
I suspect the probability of Rivian actually hitting their dates is about the same as them hitting their estimated $80B valuation. In other words, not very likely. I always joke that everything is 50/50, either it does happen or it does not happen. While this is still a 50/50 chance for Rivian, I would be comfortable putting my money on "does not happen".
I think at this point in Rivian’s emergence they will miss more dates than they meet but they will succeed. They have come a long ways and yes they have missed dates but they have delivered Prime vans and great R1T/R1S vehicles.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Actually, the law is they can’t sell directly in Washington. But as long as the sale is processed outside of WA, they can deliver in the state. I problem. At least, that’s my understanding of the ban on direct sales
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Ship all of the Washington-bound trucks here to Portland, and I'll deliver each of them myself. I'll even buy the burgers and beers when I hand over the keyfob.

Best. Job. EVER! (No pay required. Benefits built in.)

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

If y'all weren't a bunch of vultures who weren't perfectly willing to track down where people live based on hints in their photos, then...
Smithery,

I hope all is well, but your neighbors advised me that you haven't picked up your newspapers from the sidewalk since Saturday.

Flash the front porch light three times at 10:05 tonight to let me know all is good.

Thanks!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Ship all of the Washington-bound trucks here to Portland, and I'll deliver each of them myself. I'll even buy the burgers and beers when I hand over the keyfob.

That's weird, I thought I was dropping your truck off for you.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Smithery,

I hope all is well, but your neighbors advised me that you haven't picked up your newspapers from the sidewalk since Saturday.

Flash the front porch light three times at 10:05 tonight to let me know all is good.

Thanks!
Smithery,

Got it!

It's 10:06. You're a minute late, but it's good to hear you're OK! I was getting worried.

Now, about your garbage cans.... ?

Last edited:

bac4uw

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Dodge Durange R/T, Kia Soul EV
Occupation
Biostatistician

I will gladly travel to any of the states surrounding WA that allow direct sales to pick up an R1T... bonus if burgers and beers are involved!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

That's weird, I thought I was dropping your truck off for you.
As they're doing for employees, I hope they find a way to allow non-employees to also pick up our pickups at the University of Rivian in Normal, right after they graduate from the production line. Maybe we can meet there at the Pickup² event and head West in our R1T's together. Great trip, huh?

Last edited:

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
As they did for employees, I hope they find a way to allow non-employees to also pick up our pickups at the University of Rivian in Normal, right after they graduate from the production line. Maybe we can meet there at the Pickup² event and head West in our R1T's together. Great trip, huh?
I'm in!

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Her kids are cute enough you gotta wonder!
They are indeed very cute, exactly what my little ones will do when I get it-hop in the back! Love it!

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
The good news is that Rivian has figured out a way around Illinois direct sales restrictions
Let’s hope they can spread that trend nationwide, Ohio is still Tesla only bias, I asked if taking delivery in FL would speed it up, JR - NOT RJ at customer service did reply no-tongue in cheek- not sure he actually researched his answer… ?

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
That changes everything. Based on 50 delivered vehicles our confidence in our decision to reject the null hypothesis plummets to 97.6% (or they'd have to have made 63 trucks).

Remember this is just a statistical test which suggests strongly that they are not releasing to the general public at this point in time. It does not prove anything.
It all gets people talking which is great free advertising… ?

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
If y'all weren't a bunch of vultures who weren't perfectly willing to track down where people live based on hints in their photos, then...
Exactly. This doesn't apply to me because of where I am in the queue, but based on how people have acted with the few Rivians that have been spotted on social media by going full Netflix Documentary Stalker on people, there's no way I'd put anything out.
im quite sure someone would have smelled it and posted it for you ha ha ! Your right though, nutty group of awesomeness here.
Sponsored

Last edited: