Sponsored

Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date?

KingofThorns

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lexus GX 460
Occupation
Attorney
IMO Rivian is currently building/delivering a sizable numer of vehicles to employee customers and requesting they not gloat until they start shipping to the general public.
Yes, I agree. That could be perfectly true. I was more referring to the nonemployee general public with NDAs. There can be legitimate reasons for employees receiving NDAs.
Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I haven't had anything quite that radical happen but I've always been an early adopter. I don't recall anyone ever being over the top rude - like asking for a ride in my car - but I definitely hear what you're saying. For me, part of what just kind of goes with the territory as an early adopter is answer questions, etc. And because it's something I'm passionate about and enjoy, I'm usually ok with it as long as, to your point, it's not overly rude or intrusive.

For me personally, I'd have no problem with telling you guys I got my ride and here's what I like and what I don't, etc. I think part of what has caused frustration with others is what appears to be something of gamesmanship going on. Is it a real delivery, are they an employee, etc. I honestly don't think people would be trying to track down info if there was a little bit more info given. I don't want anyone's home address or birth certificate. Just tell me I was an early order, I've been in contact with my guide for months, I understand from my pickup visit they're churning out X per week. They told me I was prioritized because of XYZ. To me none of that should be super offensive or off limits to ask. And if Rivian were providing more/better communications people wouldn't be looking to dig it up themselves.
Yeah, I don't see what the big deal is about telling people on this forum you have your truck. Just don't post any revealing pictures or talk about your location. As earlier thread said, you might get enough crazies just driving that thing around. No need to have online trolls bothering you too. I think it'd be great for us to share about your experiences with the truck but if folks get out of line, then just jump off. Kinda simple actually.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I agree that NDAs are not in play.

Rivian has 6000+ employees so conservatively there could be 500+ employee customer orders. Seems somewhat reasonable that Rivian would suggest they hold off posting until employee customer deliveries are complete.
Uh well, those posts have already happened so its either not an NDA or it covers different things.

JDav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5
I'm a very late reservation, but have one for an R1S as well as a reservation for a Bronco.
The Bronco roll out has been horrendous and there is a borderline revolt right now based on info that Ford is giving dealers allocations based in large part on overall vehicle sales regardless of a customer reservation. In many cases, people will have had an early reservation may not get a Bronco until 2023 or beyond.
I'm hoping the Rivian process smooths out

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
I’m socal, reserved at LA auto show, le, lg, bm interior, 135kwh pack, no word
thread drift: Why did you go with black instead of white? i have similar res but went with white interior.

Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
May 2019 reservation. R1T Launch Edition, Rivian Blue, Ocean Coast, 20" wheels, off-road package. Nashville, TN area. Zero personal communication. Only swag received so far is the concept artwork.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
We're in the same boat, I ordered mine right about August of this year. At least I am not alone :)
Well I ordered 2.5 years ago, so you may get yours relatively speaking before i do.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
When DuckTruck gets his delivery date, we'll know deliveries have started for real.
They have about 18 calendar days before missing a guide estimated delivery month for a couple of people that we know of. I'm hopeful they hit those dates, but man do the odds of success feeling like they're shrinking more every day with the radio silence.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

They have about 18 calendar days before missing a guide estimated delivery month for a couple of people that we know of. I'm hopeful they hit those dates, but man do the odds of success feeling like they're shrinking more every day with the radio silence.
Just checking but I think the end of November is when LE guide contact is supposed to be completed; is that correct?

Even so it does seem that Rivian is cutting it pretty close.

Rivian will come through, may be a month late but they will come through.

Last edited:

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Yep. I have felt this feeling before, and the outcome was a last second delay announcement…twice.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Just checking but I think the end of November is when LE guide contact is supposed to be completed; is that correct?

Even so it does seem that Rivian is cutting it pretty close.
Yeah. Probably a month ago people who had guides received an automated email that i suspect will be the new introduction email and I'm guessing they will bomb that out during November.

Last edited:

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

If this forum have 2500 members and there be 28000 reservations out there each of which turns into a truck then the probability that that truck be assigned to a member is 2500/28000. The probability that it be assigned to a non member would be 1 - 2500/28000 and the probablility that that the first 10 be assigned to a non member is (1 - 2500/28000)^10 and, therefor, the probability that at least one goes to a member is 1 - (1 - 2500/28000)^10 = 60.7%. By the time 50 trucks have been released the probability that at least one goes to one of us is 99%. Conclusion: either they haven't released many trucks or they are selectively releasing them to employees, investors,... This latter is just common sense, of course.
Wow! I'm lost in all of this. I believe the stats quoted, but half my brain is fried by over 90%. Of the 45% left, .37 of it aches over 3/4's of the time, which is to say 90 minutes of every 1/12th of each day. Aspirin, please!!! ?
Sponsored