Sponsored

Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date?

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Isn't it odd that the current conversion rate between the US dollar and the Canadian dollar would be the same as the conversion rates for our pints. Coincidence? Hmmm? ?
20211011_125818.jpg
You saw it here first. Beer is the real currency standard.
Sponsored

JDMD

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Physician
I also have both r1t and r1s reservation on 11/26/2018. Heard nothing. I have max pack on r1t. Is yours max or standard?
Standard for me. You?

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Exactly. This doesn't apply to me because of where I am in the queue, but based on how people have acted with the few Rivians that have been spotted on social media by going full Netflix Documentary Stalker on people, there's no way I'd put anything out.
This right here. When I got my Model X in early 2016, we were the one of the first 5 delivered in the state. Everywhere we went, people had their phones out recording. People yelling at us to open the doors, had a couple near accidents on the highway as people would literally chase us down trying to get video. Almost got in full on fist fight with some psycho in a Home Depot parking lot because he was pissed that I wouldn’t give him a ride in it, he first wanted to see if he could test drive it. It was stupid insane. My wife loved the car, but was afraid to drive it anywhere because people were crazy assholes. Within about 6 months all the excitement died down and many others started popping up in our area so it became less of a big deal. No one cares about Teslas, even the Model X with the fancy doors, anymore. At least not around here because they’re everywhere.

If I were able to get an R1T right now, there is no way in hell I would post about it online anywhere.

Ssaehrig

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Durango SRT, 2013 GMC Acadia
Occupation
IT Executive
I wish we knew the progress of the guide calls. I am November 2020 preorder LE R1T. most of you are way earlier than me and still haven’t heard. It’s concerning.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

This right here. When I got my Model X in early 2016, we were the one of the first 5 delivered in the state. Everywhere we went, people had their phones out recording. People yelling at us to open the doors, had a couple near accidents on the highway as people would literally chase us down trying to get video. Almost got in full on fist fight with some psycho in a Home Depot parking lot because he was pissed that I wouldn’t give him a ride in it, he first wanted to see if he could test drive it. It was stupid insane. My wife loved the car, but was afraid to drive it anywhere because people were crazy assholes. Within about 6 months all the excitement died down and many others started popping up in our area so it became less of a big deal. No one cares about Teslas, even the Model X with the fancy doors, anymore. At least not around here because they’re everywhere.

If I were able to get an R1T right now, there is no way in hell I would post about it online anywhere.
I haven't had anything quite that radical happen but I've always been an early adopter. I don't recall anyone ever being over the top rude - like asking for a ride in my car - but I definitely hear what you're saying. For me, part of what just kind of goes with the territory as an early adopter is answer questions, etc. And because it's something I'm passionate about and enjoy, I'm usually ok with it as long as, to your point, it's not overly rude or intrusive.

For me personally, I'd have no problem with telling you guys I got my ride and here's what I like and what I don't, etc. I think part of what has caused frustration with others is what appears to be something of gamesmanship going on. Is it a real delivery, are they an employee, etc. I honestly don't think people would be trying to track down info if there was a little bit more info given. I don't want anyone's home address or birth certificate. Just tell me I was an early order, I've been in contact with my guide for months, I understand from my pickup visit they're churning out X per week. They told me I was prioritized because of XYZ. To me none of that should be super offensive or off limits to ask. And if Rivian were providing more/better communications people wouldn't be looking to dig it up themselves.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I once bought a Subaru Outback. 6 weeks later, I got notified of a major transmission recall. Apparently a batch of the manual transmissions had been built missing an interior drain hole for the flow of transmission fluid. The service center had to pull it out, take it apart, drill the holes, and put it back together.

Was Subaru not officially in production since they discovered a tooling issue in their line after delivering some vehicles?
that’s silly.

Of course they were in production, they had been building working vehicles to spec until they got a bad batch of components.

However, If they had never built a vehicles without that problem before, then no, the vehicles werent ready for production until after the issue was fixed.

Sponsored

KingofThorns

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lexus GX 460
Occupation
Attorney
That said, I think it is silly and practically unenforceable if Rivian tries to NDA a nonemployee delivery recipient.
For any contract term to be enforceable, there must be some sort of consideration given (basically tit for tat). Rivian could easily say that we will deliver you this vehicle right now if you agree to this NDA. Otherwise, your vehicle will be delivered at a later date.

Say someone agreed to these terms, I think it's difficult to determine Rivian's recourse if the consumer violates the NDA. I suppose Rivian could recall the vehicle and take it back, but what good does that actually do? Plus it would be cost prohibitive. Assuming the consumer still wants the Rivian after it was taken back, they are just waiting for their normal delivery date to take ownership of it. A violation of the NDA would more likely result in financial compensation, but I think Rivian would have to show how they were fiscally harmed from the violation or the parties would have to have some terms for punitive damages laid out (not sure if punitive damages are allowed in this type of contract violation).

Let's talk the terms of the NDA for a moment - what won't the recipient be allowed to reveal? They are obviously going to be driving the vehicle around and are likely to be questioned about it due to its unique looks and general unfamiliarity with the brand. Maybe just social media posts? Fine, I could deal with that. I haven't posted on Insta in over a year. But social media is also free advertisement for Rivian.

Basically, although I think it is possible, I don't think it is feasible for a consumer to receive a vehicle and sign an NDA. Although I thought I disagreed with you initially, I basically just analyzed it all to say, yeah, I agree with everything you said. It would be very hard to enforce an NDA to a nonemployee delivery recipient.

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

I’m socal, reserved at LA auto show, le, lg, bm interior, 135kwh pack, no word

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

For any contract term to be enforceable, there must be some sort of consideration given (basically tit for tat). Rivian could easily say that we will deliver you this vehicle right now if you agree to this NDA. Otherwise, your vehicle will be delivered at a later date.

Say someone agreed to these terms, I think it's difficult to determine Rivian's recourse if the consumer violates the NDA. I suppose Rivian could recall the vehicle and take it back, but what good does that actually do? Plus it would be cost prohibitive. Assuming the consumer still wants the Rivian after it was taken back, they are just waiting for their normal delivery date to take ownership of it. A violation of the NDA would more likely result in financial compensation, but I think Rivian would have to show how they were fiscally harmed from the violation or the parties would have to have some terms for punitive damages laid out (not sure if punitive damages are allowed in this type of contract violation).

Let's talk the terms of the NDA for a moment - what won't the recipient be allowed to reveal? They are obviously going to be driving the vehicle around and are likely to be questioned about it due to its unique looks and general unfamiliarity with the brand. Maybe just social media posts? Fine, I could deal with that. I haven't posted on Insta in over a year. But social media is also free advertisement for Rivian.

Basically, although I think it is possible, I don't think it is feasible for a consumer to receive a vehicle and sign an NDA. Although I thought I disagreed with you initially, I basically just analyzed it all to say, yeah, I agree with everything you said. It would be very hard to enforce an NDA to a nonemployee delivery recipient.
IMO Rivian is currently building/delivering a sizable numer of vehicles to employee customers and requesting they not gloat until they start shipping to the general public.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
The original question was whether anyone had received a confirmed delivery date.
The NDA only came up in regards to the possible scheduling of an event/delivery. I don't think anyone is suggesting an NDA about actually receiving a vehicle.
Some of those that got the very first deliveries are posting on social media, so it is apparent that those kinds of restrictions are not part of the ownership paperwork.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

The original question was whether anyone had received a confirmed delivery date.
The NDA only came up in regards to the possible scheduling of an event/delivery. I don't think anyone is suggesting an NDA about actually receiving a vehicle.
Some of those that got the very first deliveries are posting on social media, so it is apparent that those kinds of restrictions are not part of the ownership paperwork.
I agree that NDAs are not in play.

Rivian has 6000+ employees so conservatively there could be 500+ employee customer orders. Seems somewhat reasonable that Rivian would suggest they hold off posting until employee customer deliveries are complete.
Sponsored