Sponsored

Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
If I get my truck in November as I’ve been told I will, I will most certainly post about it on here!

And then go into witness protection program for fear of the roving Rivian Forum hoards that will inevitably be prowling the streets
I will post a single picture of the emblem on the hood, with all metadata stripped out, and zero reflections of surrounding buildings or trees or anything which could otherwise indicate location by looking at the picture.
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How many oz/hr consumption are we talking here?
And I prefer freedom units thank you! ?
Depends on the beverage!

Fine, drink your fake 16oz pints :p

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I don't think we are going to hear much news until Rivian's IPO happens. There is no set date for that yet, so there might be radio silence until next year. I also wouldn't be surprised if Rivian doesn't reach ~100 trucks built per week until next year. Its still going to be a long wait for most of us.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Honestly, if I had went for an LE and had received my truck already... There's absolutely no way I'd let this forum know.
This is exactly my point when people say "If Rivian is shipping vehicles, people would come here and let us know they took delivery."

If I were a "non-enthusiast" coming here after I took delivery (IMO people here ahead of delivery are "enthusiasts") and read some of these threads, there's *NO WAY* I would post that I took delivery.

Athena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Time for the RivianForum.com forensic analysts to break down everything about her account to determine how many levels of separation she has from Rivian and/or if she is a paid actor.

I swear some of y'all are going to end up unmasking some foreign agent because they are in a picture with a Rivian.
If she was paid to post this, she is supposed to say this is a "sponsored post" in order to comply with FTC requirements. My guess she is not paid for this.....

Sponsored

Athena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Well I've put up at least two posts stating that this is the case to high levels of confidence. But I think this comment is, as was the case with the other poster, based on not being familiar with statistical testing. Randomness is used to construct the null hypothesis which we wonder whether we can reject in order to "prove" that things are not random (to the extent that one can prove anything with a statistical test). I know it's confusing.

Of course they are as common sense and now a simple statistical test confirms.

People on these forums always find something to be upset about but I don't get upset as the general tone of this thread. Mostly people speculating as to why there have been no deliveries to anyone here and a lot of wistful wishing that deliveries to the general public will start soon.

I've got a lot of miles on the odometer but when I was a kid you ordered stuff by mail and waited for weeks and weeks for the delivery of your sea monkeys (or whatever it was). Even knowing that this was to be the case you haunted the mailbox starting in the second week. This feels like that. We all just want our trucks.
My sea monkies never actually worked. Everytime it was always just water in a plastic container. The pictures on the box made it seem much more exciting.....

BmolloyNH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rs7
Occupation
Self employed
I placed my order in January of 2019. Customer service says that they will be reaching out to me in the next few months to confirm delivery. They also said production will begin in January for my truck. FYI

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I placed my order in January of 2019. Customer service says that they will be reaching out to me in the next few months to confirm delivery. They also said production will begin in January for my truck. FYI
Are you getting a launch edition?

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
The glass is at 50% capacity.
Ahh the old glass half full and half empty optimist/pessimist analogy. I’m a realist so I think it’s pee

Sponsored

kdcold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2011 Toyota 4Runner, 2013 Infiniti JX35
Occupation
Banking IT Software Services
My sea monkies never actually worked. Everytime it was always just water in a plastic container. The pictures on the box made it seem much more exciting.....
Right? Even with the microscope, I could NOT tell the baby sea monkeys from the parents.
Not like in the picture of them on the back of the MAD magazine, where the baby girl was wearing a pink bow.
Just a bunch of nano-spots floating around.

And until just now, I never even thought to pour a "control glass" of tap water to see if it contained the same nano-spots!

kommonplace

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinjwangler.com
Vehicles
2014 Ford Flex, non-LE R1S preorder
Occupation
IT Director
Right? Even with the microscope, I could NOT tell the baby sea monkeys from the parents.
Not like in the picture of them on the back of the MAD magazine, where the baby girl was wearing a pink bow.
Just a bunch of nano-spots floating around.

And until just now, I never even thought to pour a "control glass" of tap water to see if it contained the same nano-spots!
I hope you guys have better luck with your Rivians than your Sea-Monkeys. Mine were awesome and even survived a move in a U-Haul. (I held them very, very carefully.)

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Depends on the beverage!

Fine, drink your fake 16oz pints :p
Isn't it odd that the current conversion rate between the US dollar and the Canadian dollar would be the same as the conversion rates for our pints. Coincidence? Hmmm? ?

Per Google:
Different number of ounces in U.S. Pint vs. Imperial pint:

Search Results

Rivian R1T R1S Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date? 1634004363855

This is because a pint in the United Kingdom is bigger than a pint in the United States. The UK pint is 20 fluid ounces, while the US pint fills up 16 fl oz. The British Imperial pint is 568.261 ml (20 fluid ounces), while the US Customary pint is 473.176 ml (16 fl oz).

That's enough to drive a guy to drink!

Last edited:

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Isn't it odd that the current conversion rate between the US dollar and the Canadian dollar would be the same as the conversion rates for our pints. Coincidence? Hmmm? ?
20211011_125818.jpg
first thought: HOLY HECK! second thought: the exchange rate is...good?!
Sponsored