Sponsored

Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date?

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

What do people think a "slow ramp" is for? You ramp up slowly as a form of quality control. The whole point is to find issues you didn't catch in pre-production runs. You correct the issues, re-tool, change course, and try again.

A slow ramp could mean a batch is produced, an issue is found, a week or more is spent fixing it, then you try again. Because only the very small number of initial vehicles were affected, you've minimized the exposure.

A slow ramp also means most LE vehicles will be produced toward the end of the window.

It was never going to be fast enough til you get yours, but it was always going to go down exactly like this.
Which is fine but if you anticipate it, Rivian should have more accurately and given better timelines. They still haven't given any real timelines nor communicated better, which RJ said they would back in July.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

1633896406425.png

1633896435199.png

...more speculative fun. A coupe of pics from the Bellevue, WA service center posted on Reddit by sgorman- from this weekend. No Bezos trucks. No R1 anything outside, one wrapped R1T observed inside. Two flatbed trucks...

...maybe someone thinks they'll have something to put on top of those flatbeds s00n?
I drive by this service center every day to work and a couple of weeks back there was an Amazon van in the shop. I didn't stop to take pictures but it wasn't being worked on, just parked. It was either there for service or was a new one being readied to deliver to Amazon. It was cool to at least see something.

This center has been open at least a couple of months and seemingly ready to go for at least a month. Folks there must be bored waiting for vehicles/work to arrive.

JDMD

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Physician
The time estimate I got from my guide is January 2022. 11/2018 reservation for a R1T in the LA area. No firm date though.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I don't think they can do deliveries from that location due to WA law, so I wouldn't expect to see vehicles there.
There is no restriction on where they can deliver the vehicles from. Service, maybe, and sell, definitely. They will likely prep the vehicles here before delivering them directly to our homes.

Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I don't think they can do deliveries from that location due to WA law, so I wouldn't expect to see vehicles there.
Actually, the law is they can’t sell directly in Washington. But as long as the sale is processed outside of WA, they can deliver in the state. I problem. At least, that’s my understanding of the ban on direct sales

Last edited:

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Actually, the law is they can’t sell directly in Washington. But as long as the sale is processed outside of WA, they can delivery in the state. I problem. At least, that’s my understanding of the ban on direct sales
So you buy on the internet (or phone) with a rep in Illinois and pick it up at the delivery center.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

The time estimate I got from my guide is January 2022. 11/2018 reservation for a R1T in the LA area. No firm date though.
Are you getting the launch edition?

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Last I heard all R1T LE were to be delivered in 2021. Has a change to this been announced?

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Last I heard all R1T LE were to be delivered in 2021. Has a change to this been announced?
Yes, now it is Spring 2022 for all R1T LE deliveries to be completed.

Sponsored

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
The latest is by "Spring 2022" which is effectively June 2022.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
So you buy on the internet (or phone) with a rep in Illinois and pick it up at the delivery center.
Yeah, pretty much. As I understand it, Rivian will process the sale in a state where they are allowed to sell directly, then register it in your state and deliver it to you there.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah. Or they deliver it to you. It's stupid.

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
I also have both r1t and r1s reservation on 11/26/2018. Heard nothing. I have max pack on r1t. Is yours max or standard?

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
I may be completely crazy, but I swear someone posted in the "when will someone on this forum get their truck" thread that they actually had their truck delivered earlier this week. Could have been a joke because the post has since been deleted but TFWIW.
Honestly, if I had went for an LE and had received my truck already... There's absolutely no way I'd let this forum know.
Sponsored