Sponsored

Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date?

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
I once bought a Subaru Outback. 6 weeks later, I got notified of a major transmission recall. Apparently a batch of the manual transmissions had been built missing an interior drain hole for the flow of transmission fluid. The service center had to pull it out, take it apart, drill the holes, and put it back together.

Was Subaru not officially in production since they discovered a tooling issue in their line after delivering some vehicles?
Maybe admitting to a purchase of an Outback is not such a good thing.
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
In my experience (having spent my career in the software industry), documentation is always the red-headed stepchild. I can't ascertain the state of the software by looking at a user manual.
No, no, not that kind of documentation. I'm talking about the owner's maual. If you look at, for comparison, one of Tesla's, you'll find extensive explanations on how to use features like the odometers. In the Rivian manual you find none of this. That means to me that either these features do not exist or that they aren't well enough defined to be documented. It better be the latter.

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
No, no, not that kind of documentation. I'm talking about the owner's maual. If you look at, for comparison, one of Tesla's, you'll find extensive explanations on how to use features like the odometers. In the Rivian manual you find none of this. That means to me that either these features do not exist or that they aren't well enough defined to be documented. It better be the latter.
Perhaps the UI will have its own separate manual, or it will be available only on the UI itself. That way when updates happen, they don’t have to print new versions as the manual updates will be part of the download.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
It's 2021. If you want a hard copy of a manual you will have to download the pdf and print it. So do you want to do that or do you want to sit in your new truck and read it on the touchscreen? I know that's what I decided to do when I got my first BEV to the point that my family started calling me "Arnie" and the car got named "Christine".

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Rivian R1T R1S Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date? 1633896406425

Rivian R1T R1S Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date? 1633896435199

...more speculative fun. A coupe of pics from the Bellevue, WA service center posted on Reddit by sgorman- from this weekend. No Bezos trucks. No R1 anything outside, one wrapped R1T observed inside. Two flatbed trucks...

...maybe someone thinks they'll have something to put on top of those flatbeds s00n?

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I seem to agree with @GaryL regarding manufacturing rate. If they have ramped to more than 10/day, we would have heard of more than just a handful of deliveries. I can’t wait to see them hit 2-3/hour and working 2 shifts. That would get 30-50/ day. At that rate in about 8-10 weeks we will start seeing real deliveries because all Rivian employees in Normal will have received their trucks. I can’t believe that any employee wouldn’t be getting one, considering their discount. After the monthly stipend expires, they could just sell the R1. That is, of course, because the employee deliveries are “real” purchases, right? ??

Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Why not tell people that they are going to fully roll out RIT’s Feb 2022 or April 2022 or Xmas 2022. How difficult would it be to give approx dates to 2018 Reservation holders? Instead they are giving out no details other than to say we started delivering in Sept. RIS customers have no idea if they will see any Cars in the next few months. All we know is LE RIS customers can expect to have their Cars by Summer 2022, which now realistically is Fall 2022. With regard to customers for Max Pack RIS Jan 2023 is a good guess.
Until they successfully ramp up production, they don't know when most vehicles will be built. They have given you approximate dates. LE holders will get their vehicles sometime between now and June 20, 2022.

Last edited:

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
1633896406425.png

1633896435199.png

...more speculative fun. A coupe of pics from the Bellevue, WA service center posted on Reddit by sgorman- from this weekend. No Bezos trucks. No R1 anything outside, one wrapped R1T observed inside. Two flatbed trucks...

...maybe someone thinks they'll have something to put on top of those flatbeds s00n?
I don't think they can do deliveries from that location due to WA law, so I wouldn't expect to see vehicles there.

Mark K

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Volt
Occupation
Retired
Until they successfully ramp up production, they don't know when most vehicles will be built. They have given you approximate dates. LE holders will get their vehicles sometime between now and June 20, 2021.
That was almost four months ago and so far no deliveries have been reported.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

Until they successfully ramp up production, they don't know when most vehicles will be built. They have given you approximate dates. LE holders will get their vehicles sometime between now and June 20, 2021.
Did you mean June 20, 2022?

I agree that Rivian has to go through a production ramp (months) and until they do, only very rough delivery dates can be forecasted.

Last edited: