Sponsored

Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date?

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
What do people think a "slow ramp" is for? You ramp up slowly as a form of quality control. The whole point is to find issues you didn't catch in pre-production runs. You correct the issues, re-tool, change course, and try again.

A slow ramp could mean a batch is produced, an issue is found, a week or more is spent fixing it, then you try again. Because only the very small number of initial vehicles were affected, you've minimized the exposure.

A slow ramp also means most LE vehicles will be produced toward the end of the window.

It was never going to be fast enough til you get yours, but it was always going to go down exactly like this.
I agree for the most part.

But I think you only get to call it a “slow ramp” if the vehicles are fully finished and ready for the non-employee market if built to spec (with no minor tonneau/software/other issues). Then you can truly say you’re troubleshooting the manufacturing process.

But if you still have items that need to be addressed no matter how well you make each individual truck, then I wouldn’t call these real customer deliveries. I think that we are still in this stage of the game given that we can’t confirm a single Rivian outsider has gotten a truck yet.

but the recent posts showing more deliveries are giving me some hope there’s light at the end of the tunnel!

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Quick Reminder:
This forum, as of this morning, has 3445 members. Not all of those are preorder holders. Rivian mentioned 48000 preorders. This means the vast majority of pre-order holders are not going to post their pictures here.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I still don't get why an employee paying for a vehicle isn't a delivery.
It may not be a "delivery to a forum member", but is a delivery nonetheless.
It's not a delivery to a customer Texas, Alaska , or (insert your City/State heere) so therefore it doesn't count.
They have delivered to paying customers that license, title, register, and insure them. There is no issue with them meeting their delivery statement. The fact that employees were given higher priority to purchase is a completely different complaint (for those that have an issue with it). They were delivered to paying customers.

Sponsored

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I still don't get why an employee paying for a vehicle isn't a delivery.
It may not be a "delivery to a forum member", but is a delivery nonetheless.
It's not a delivery to a customer Texas, Alaska , or (insert your City/State heere) so therefore it doesn't count.
They have delivered to paying customers that license, title, register, and insure them. There is no issue with them meeting their delivery statement. The fact that employees were given higher priority to purchase is a completely different complaint (for those that have an issue with it). They were delivered to paying customers.
If you can’t buy a product unless you work for the company that makes it, is anything actually for sale?

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Quick Reminder:
This forum, as of this morning, has 3445 members. Not all of those are preorder holders. Rivian mentioned 48000 preorders. This means the vast majority of pre-order holders are not going to post their pictures here.
That changes everything. Based on 50 delivered vehicles our confidence in our decision to reject the null hypothesis plummets to 97.6% (or they'd have to have made 63 trucks).

Remember this is just a statistical test which suggests strongly that they are not releasing to the general public at this point in time. It does not prove anything.

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
That changes everything. Based on 50 delivered vehicles our confidence in our decision to reject the null hypothesis plummets to 97.6% (or they'd have to have made 63 trucks).

Remember this is just a statistical test which suggests strongly that they are not releasing to the general public at this point in time. It does not prove anything.
No randomness about it. They are delivering to a subset of order holders that meet specific criteria. Some are just upset that order date is not the be all and end all factor.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
No randomness about it.
Well I've put up at least two posts stating that this is the case to high levels of confidence. But I think this comment is, as was the case with the other poster, based on not being familiar with statistical testing. Randomness is used to construct the null hypothesis which we wonder whether we can reject in order to "prove" that things are not random (to the extent that one can prove anything with a statistical test). I know it's confusing.

They are delivering to a subset of order holders that meet specific criteria.
Of course they are as common sense and now a simple statistical test confirms.

Some are just upset that order date is not the be all and end all factor.
People on these forums always find something to be upset about but I don't get upset as the general tone of this thread. Mostly people speculating as to why there have been no deliveries to anyone here and a lot of wistful wishing that deliveries to the general public will start soon.

I've got a lot of miles on the odometer but when I was a kid you ordered stuff by mail and waited for weeks and weeks for the delivery of your sea monkeys (or whatever it was). Even knowing that this was to be the case you haunted the mailbox starting in the second week. This feels like that. We all just want our trucks.

Last edited:

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I don’t think Rivian has NDAs with customers they’ve made deliveries to causing the “silence.”

However, I wouldn’t be surprised if Rivian had some delivery “event” planned and they’ve made the customers scheduled to come to the factory keep quiet about it for now.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

We all just want our trucks.
I’d be happy with a rough estimate of when I might get my truck or even when I might be able to see one in person. I think radio silence to customers frustrates people.
Sponsored