Sponsored

Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date?

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
I’m a January 2020 reservation for an R1T, Max pack….
I noticed the same thing but why would Rivian want a NDA for taking retail delivery? That’s not unlike Rivian but I can’t come up with an even average reason for it
It seems there are NDA’s for current deliveries. That’s understandable as I think all the current deliveries are special case situations like current/former employees, early investor groups or those associated with Amazon and Ford. If any of the general customers have received a delivery, they’ve managed to keep it very quiet. Based on comments about Rivian guides and November and such, I think we’re close but not there yet.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Already had to send it in for service eh?
Sadly, my poorly-aligned attitude is not covered under warranty. Luckily, I found a solution from Scotland. ?

(FYI, a Google search confirmed this fact: "Drinking alcohol [ethanol] is a not a mixture, but a pure substance that happens to be a liquid at room temperature and typical atmospheric pressure [your house]. So, pure ethanol is not a solution, but all hard spirits are solutions. Dec 1, 2012 " )

If it's on the interweb, it has to be true.

2021R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
It been a few weeks since I have bothered checking this forum. Same old, same old. This is getting really OLD. 1/2019 and nothing. I think I have stated I don’t expect anything for probably another 12 months. Maybe more. Everything to date is a publicity stunt for the IPO.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Just thinking about it for a minute I wonder if that might be exactly what I might do.
For real: I am probably one of the people on this forum with the smallest internet footprint, and I bet the forum is going to be all over identifying people who get delivery (remember that employee that everyone went crazy on?)

That said, I think it is silly and practically unenforceable if Rivian tries to NDA a nonemployee delivery recipient. Good luck with that in 2021.

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
So, the answer to the OP’s question is no.
/thread

OP
OP
BPL

BPL

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E30 325i, E90 328i, XC90
So, the answer to the OP’s question is no.
/thread
Pretty lame since deliveries were supposed to start in September.

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Pretty lame since deliveries were supposed to start in September.
There are R1Ts out there that people paid for with their own money, are licensed, registered and insured in their name. But these apparently don't count?
What's next? It's not a delivery if they were pre-ordered (only if you can buy one from inventory does it count)?
Just because someone doesn't like who they are delivering to or in what order those deliveries are being prioritized doesn't negate the fact that they are indeed deliveries taking place.
There are multiple photos of units with temp tags in places like the Grand Canyon.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
There are R1Ts out there that people paid for with their own money, are licensed, registered and insured in their name. But these apparently don't count?
What's next? It's not a delivery if they were pre-ordered (only if you can buy one from inventory does it count)?
Just because someone doesn't like who they are delivering to or in what order those deliveries are being prioritized doesn't negate the fact that they are indeed deliveries taking place.
There are multiple photos of units with temp tags in places like the Grand Canyon.
I agree that the focus on who’s getting the cars and their precise relationship to Rivian is unproductive. But I don’t think the issue ends there.

I don’t care who got the first dozen cars. I do care that they appear to be beta test units and that we have no evidence of ongoing deliveries, or even hard delivery dates, for anyone else. If the trucks aren’t ready for mass production because there are things to fix, the deliveries don’t count in my book, no matter what the VIN is or how much they cost.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
I don’t care who got the first dozen cars. I do care that they appear to be beta test units and that we have no evidence of ongoing deliveries, or even hard delivery dates, for anyone else. If the trucks aren’t ready for mass production because there are things to fix, the deliveries don’t count in my book, no matter what the VIN is or how much they cost.
What do people think a "slow ramp" is for? You ramp up slowly as a form of quality control. The whole point is to find issues you didn't catch in pre-production runs. You correct the issues, re-tool, change course, and try again.

A slow ramp could mean a batch is produced, an issue is found, a week or more is spent fixing it, then you try again. Because only the very small number of initial vehicles were affected, you've minimized the exposure.

A slow ramp also means most LE vehicles will be produced toward the end of the window.

It was never going to be fast enough til you get yours, but it was always going to go down exactly like this.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
It was also asked in the Guide thread if any additional folks have been contacted. So far, no one has chimed in.

:(
Sponsored