Sponsored

Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date?

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

It'll be front page news on this forum if someone takes delivery. They won't just go silent I can tell you that....
I will say, when I took delivery of my Arcimoto FUV (VIN #11) I was too busy enjoying it to remember to post to the Arcimoto forum. :-D And yes, I was the first "production vehicle" owner to post about it - number 11 off the assembly line, delivered about a month after "first customer delivery." I think I posted "getting it tomorrow!" then forgot to post for a good 3-4 days.
Sponsored

sillygoose

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Take this with a grain of salt.

Some EV registration numbers from McLean IL, home of Normal, IL, reported by the IL Secretary of State. All numbers are as of the 15th of the month so the second half of September is in the next report:

May 376
June 392
July 415
August 428
Sept 438

if you assume employees likely live in the same county then there were more EVs added in June, July, and August than in September (August 15th thru Sept 15th). I guess the October report could show if some employees became owners.
The October report is in and there was an increase of 15 EVs registered in McLean County during the period 9/15 to 10/15, new total is 453.

Maybe it is nothing but doesn’t seem any large number of employees are registering RIvians around the factory.

Illinois EV Registrations

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
I'm in Charlotte, it's got to be close to lowest on the totem pole :(
I am in the Charlotte area as well, at least for the moment. we will be moving to VA in the Spring. Speaking on the lowest on the totem pole. I recently tried to do Care by Volvo and it to is not allowed in NC. I believe for the same reasons as Rivian not being allowed to sell or service in the state. Hopefully my move to VA will bump me up the list.

Sponsored

bac4uw

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Dodge Durange R/T, Kia Soul EV
Occupation
Biostatistician

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Not from the forum, but one of the recent employee deliveries road_dawgs_rivian seems pretty excited to share his experience.

He was the recent launch green delivery btw.

Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Would an employee make a 80k purchase (24k less for them I guess) if the vehicle is still not fully ready with all problems solved? Not sure they would, even with the 24k discount. So maybe they are ready with all problems solved. So then why aren't they producing more? Who knows.

Toadkillerdog

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo, 2020 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Physician
“Rivian filed Amendment No. 1 to the S-1 on October 22.

https://sec.report/Document/0001193125-21-305592/d157488ds1a.htm

Don't know how much new information has been included, but I did find this interesting tidbit in page 1 (Prospectus Summary):

As of September 30, 2021, we produced 12 R1Ts and delivered 11 R1Ts, and as of October 22, 2021, we produced 56 R1Ts and delivered 42 R1Ts.

Clearly they're taking their time with production, and given they've delivered so few vehicles it isn't surprising that they are mostly (or exclusively) going to employees.

Let us know if you find any other interesting new details!”

copied from post with same title on this forum. Couldn’t figure out how to do that directly.

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

Would an employee make a 80k purchase (24k less for them I guess) if the vehicle is still not fully ready with all problems solved? Not sure they would, even with the 24k discount. So maybe they are ready with all problems solved. So then why aren't they producing more? Who knows.
For an employee, if they finance it, basically Rivian makes their first 2 years worth of payments. If they hate it at the end of that, they can likely sell it and walk away without a massive financial hit. The 24 month / 1k stipend from Rivian is basically a nearly free car for 2 years

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Tesla made 30 Model 3 in their 1st month, 100 in the second. Rivian is in their own production hell.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
At this point I think we can safely bet a mass email will be sent around Thanksgiving. We are passed the point of reaching a few thousand LE preorder holders with 20-30 guides, no way they can do that in the next few weeks.

Don't know how to make a poll, but when do you think the email will say we will get our trucks?

Spring 2022, March 2022, or December 2021?
Sponsored