onebadmofo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla MY LR
Occupation
I know how to exit VIM
Clubs

Has anyone installed a dashcam yet? Is there a 12V I can tap into anywhere my the mirror? I know that "it's coming" but I just had someone cross 3 lanes of traffic and slam on the brakes in front of me in order to what I think is film a tiktok. Dude in the car started dancing, flailing arms and pointing to the truck while I we were stopped in left lane on highway.
Sponsored

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

I installed mine and routed the power line around the trim, all the way below the footwell and under the center console into the 12v cig lighter style power source. You can't seen any of the wiring and it's very easy to tuck it in using a plastic tool. Works very well. Comes on only when I drive and shuts off when I walk away from the car.
Although I've tapped into random 12v power for this purpose on other cars, I wouldn't recommend it on the R1T. one because there is no power source visible nearby, and two because it seems very sensitive to 12v drain.

OP
OP
onebadmofo

onebadmofo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla MY LR
Occupation
I know how to exit VIM
Clubs

I was trying to avoid running a wire through A-pillar but if you say it's easy then I might have to do that. Thanks!
Sponsored