Sponsored

Has anyone gone from Audi prestige line to Rivian?

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
Hi everyone,

I’m currently driving an Audi SQ5 prestige. Just wondering if anyone has switched form an Audi prestige to Rivian, and if so, what Do you miss the most?
Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I came from an S6 prestige.

Things I miss:
- the exhaust note

Thats basically it. I loved my Audi, and I miss it. But the Rivian is just so damn good at so many things, I never looked back.

OP
OP

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
MD
Thanks Cohall! I’m worried about missing my sound system. Are the speakers comparable to the B&O speakers from the Prestige?

johnstuder

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

I had a 16 A6 Prestige. It had the Bose speakers, and the Rivian system sounds atleast as good as those. The vented seats are way better on the Rivian. Handling and suspension were more comfortable on the Audi, but sedan vs truck.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I’ll tell you what you won’t miss: that awful automatic transmission. One of the most obvious and immediately observable benefits of EVs, imo, is how smooth they accelerate/decelerate without having to change gears. The SQ5 has a particularly awful automatic transmission and loosing those slow gear changes is much appreciated.

Sponsored

HightiseATX

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired
My wife drives a prestige sq5. I’d say the my meridian sound system is equal or better than the B&O. I prefer apple carplay in the Audi and miss native sirrusxm.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I’ll let you know tomorrow when I get my Rivian. We are keeping the Audi SQ5 prestige that is my current daily. My wife will be using it as her new car.

Hopefully I don’t miss too much. I know I’m going to miss the exhaust sound when the engine downshifts for sure. Hopefully that’s it.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
We traded in an Audi E-tron Premium Plus. So not the Prestige but the 2019 E-trons came pretty loaded as standard.

I only miss the wireless CarPlay. The drive was smoother and quieter, but the Rivian is much more sporty which I prefer. They have a similar level of interior quality, but the UI on the Rivian is years ahead. Sound systems are equal (our E-tron had the B&O).

If we had the Prestige E-tron, the massaging seats would be the only thing we would miss. I've had massaging seats in other cars in the past and they were nice.

I've had 5 Audis over the years and I don't miss them one bit. The Rivian is next level for sure.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
I came from Prestige eTron. Specific to your question about Prestige package items, I miss basically none of them. I never used the ionizer or fragrance. I rarely used the massaging seats, because let's be honest, it's not a massage and it does nothing. The one thing I would take from the Audi were the seats, they are far more adjustable. Rivian seats are not adjustable in terms of bolstering or thigh cushion extension. Sound system is equivalent. HUD is not missed because 95% of the time I'm wearing polarized glasses and couldn't see it. Multiple color ambient lighting was ok I guess, and customizable to drive mode, but easily forgotten. The other thing that was definitely great about the Audi was how quiet it was.

The main takeaway you'll have after transitioning is realizing that the definition of luxury in our culture is quickly changing.

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
Added the truck to our '20 Q5 plug in hybrid - premium plus (we didn't value the prestige features enough to wait 6 months for one back then). We love that car.

In 2 months I haven't driven the Audi once and my wife has only driven it the handful of times she's needed to go somewhere and I had the truck.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
MD
Thank you all! This is very helpful.

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
Don't think I'll be receiving mine anytime soon, but features I love about my S5 Prestige that I'm concerned about are:

* no HUD. I rarely look at my speedometer now, so I'm really going to miss this one.
* heated seats may not be as good -I've yet to be in a vehicle that gets the temps quite like Audi
* massage seats (maybe a little gimmicky, but my passengers always love it after a long day or multiday trip in the outdoors)
* overall build quality. I've heard great things about the R1T's build quality, but I've grown to love the attention to detail on my car. The steering wheel, alcantara seats -it just feels great.
* Virtual cockpit. On the rare occasions I use it (think: remote and we've forgotten where we are), that thing is just a dream to use.
* sport diff/s-sport suspension. Really hoping Rivian comes up better in that department, because I actually feel it's super underrated in the industry, though I admit this is more an S* thing than prestige thing

Really happy to hear the Meridian speakers are as good as the B&O. It took me a good while to tune and I'm in love with how the sound floods the car now. The only stock sound system I've heard come close is whatever is outfitted in the MBs or Porsches.

cornsalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T Launch Edition
I came from a '19 E Tron Prestige and probably miss the soft close doors the most. The R1T doors are super heavy and take a decent amount of force to close on the first try. Also liked having the retractable window shades for the rear passengers. Massaging seats were weak/gimmicky. Heads Up display and Apple Carplay were nice to have but I don't find that I miss them as much as I though I would...
Sponsored