Sponsored

Has anyone been able to input lat/long in the nav system?

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
I’m hoping to be able to mark some places I’d like to return to, but they have no street address.
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

In earlier software versions I had done that but last time I tried to it failed, for a location I had used previously.

ruawahoo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade and CX-5
I did to get to a trail head. It was on the current software version.

OP
OP

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
I did to get to a trail head. It was on the current software version.
It failed for me. What format are you using? Can you show us an example? TIA!

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
My first guess, without trying, is that you need to match the format used/shown in the map itself. If you press and hold on any location on the map, it will show the coordinates I believe. Try a spot, write them down, and then reenter in the search bar?

Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
I’m hoping to be able to mark some places I’d like to return to, but they have no street address.
Sounds like a practical application for what3words. I think some cars (Ford?) incorporate it in their nav packages.

OP
OP

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
My first guess, without trying, is that you need to match the format used/shown in the map itself. If you press and hold on any location on the map, it will show the coordinates I believe. Try a spot, write them down, and then reenter in the search bar?
That worked, but unfortunately the system does not seem to accept lat/long for setting the home point. :-(

ruawahoo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade and CX-5
I just typed in the decimal based coordinate, added a space, and then the cardinal direction (first letter only). Added another space and then repeated it for the other.

OP
OP

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thank you. I tried that originally. Part of my problem seems to have been that I was trying to put lat/long in for a Home point and for some reason the system does not seem to accept it on that screen. My street address seems to be wrong in the map database (from a 3rd party vendor per Rivian) so I am unable to set my Home point for scheduled charging, gear guard, etc.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
That worked, but unfortunately the system does not seem to accept lat/long for setting the home point. :-(
Yeah, it works using the numbers to five decimal places, as that is how the system shows it.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Thank you. I tried that originally. Part of my problem seems to have been that I was trying to put lat/long in for a Home point and for some reason the system does not seem to accept it on that screen. My street address seems to be wrong in the map database (from a 3rd party vendor per Rivian) so I am unable to set my Home point for scheduled charging, gear guard, etc.
My home isn’t recognizable for the Rivian either but if I setup my scheduled charging while at home it seems to work for me. Hope that helps.

OP
OP

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wow, that would be great. I was told that it will not work and so was tackling the home point issue first. I’ll give it a try.
Sponsored