Sponsored

Has anyone’s delivery window passed without being matched to a vehicle?

otolith

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
MD
June 2020 R1S preorder. I am currently in my delivery window estimate which is June-July. Just wondering if there is a chance that July comes and goes without me hearing from Rivian? Has this happened to anyone?
Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Recently? Not sure.

This used to be the norm last year.

hotsoup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model S, 2022 Polestar 2
In the same boat - have a June-July delivery date but have heard nothing from Rivian and no guide has been assigned.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I know you didn't ask about the "shop" alternative, but my Guide granted me access with a simple email that said, "hey I'm so close to my June-July window that i'd consider selecting one from the R1S shop to help Rivian." and it worked. shop access in a couple days and picked my R1S within minutes. It's supposed to be at local service center no later than June 16.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
This just happened to me.
  • Ordered 12/2021
  • In November 2022 given March - April 2023 estimate and assigned a guide. Guide mentioned in our first call that it might even be ready by end of 2022 (I didn’t believe that).
  • January 2023: my delivery window shifted to April - May 2023.
  • February 2023: guide tells me I have a VIN and I should expect the purchase email “anytime”.
  • March 2023: nothing.
  • April 2023: nothing. Guide stops replying to my once per week inquiries.
  • May 2023: Last week of May I notice I have a new guide assigned in my account page. I reach out to her and she says she will get me shop access and check on what happened to my original truck… still waiting for either of those things. She’s been great so far and I don’t expect her to know what happened months ago when she wasn’t my guide. I am just curious how it went from “get ready for the purchase email” to crickets…🤷🏼‍♂️

Sponsored

TxBeachRivian

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Clubs

• Ordered 12/2021
  • In November 2022 given March - April 2023 estimate and assigned a guide. Guide mentioned in our first call that it might even be ready by end of 2022 (I didn’t believe that).
  • February 2023: guide tells me I have a VIN and I should expect the purchase email “anytime”.
  • May 2023: Last week of May I notice I have a new guide assigned in my account page. I reach out to her and she says she will get me shop access and check on what happened to my original truck… still waiting for either of those things. She’s been great so far and I don’t expect her to know what happened months ago when she wasn’t my guide. I am just curious how it went from “get ready for the purchase email” to crickets…🤷🏼‍♂️
Even if they don’t figure it out they can make it right. Did you tell them you were COdogman. You are a RivianForum legend and deserve a little more respect. Your Meme game is on point.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Even if they don’t figure it out they can make it right. Did you tell them you were COdogman. You are a RivianForum legend and deserve a little more respect. Your Meme game is on point.
I never considered pulling a “do you know who I am”? It doesn’t really fit my personality and I’d be afraid the laughter that would follow might damage me permanently :giggle:

NormalLife

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Audi e-tron
Occupation
Med Device
I know you didn't ask about the "shop" alternative, but my Guide granted me access with a simple email that said, "hey I'm so close to my June-July window that i'd consider selecting one from the R1S shop to help Rivian." and it worked. shop access in a couple days and picked my R1S within minutes. It's supposed to be at local service center no later than June 16.
I think the CS chat works too. I didn't have a guide, so I went that route... was told after a long wait "checking into my account" that they were not able to get me shop access, and it didn't really matter as I was so close to my estimated delivery window anyway. Lo and behold, I got access two days later and found my exact config within 12 hours and anticipated delivery next week (max 10 days from selection to delivery from Normal). In the end, none of this seems to follow much of a predictable pattern.

OP
OP

otolith

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
MD
In the same boat - have a June-July delivery date but have heard nothing from Rivian and no guide has been assigned.
Odd that you haven’t been assigned a guide. I received a guide in January I think. Not that the guide has done anything for me yet.

4tangledkites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
June 2020 R1S preorder. I am currently in my delivery window estimate which is June-July. Just wondering if there is a chance that July comes and goes without me hearing from Rivian? Has this happened to anyone?
Twice. R1T pre-order. In October I got Dec-Jan, that passed with no contact. The January update pushed me out to 2024. Then the April update gave me a window of April-May 2023. Still no contact from Rivian. No guide. CS is nice and polite, and say they have tried to contact the guide team, but I have yet to get any info. I fully expect to hear nothing and get a July update that pushes me back to 2024. Rivian doesn’t seem to want to sell me a truck.

Sponsored

verrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima
Yeah -- similar boat here. Currently sitting in my 2nd delivery window (May - June) with no sign of movement.

Apr 23rd 2022: R1T order placed
Dec 1st 2022: Guide Assigned
Jan 31st: Delivery window calculated / moved up: Feb - March
Feb 9th: 1st mile drive scheduled
Feb 17th: Shop access granted
Feb 18th: Actual demo drive
Mar 17th: Vehicle ID in API and shop access revoked
April 28th: New delivery window calculated: May - June

Sitting here on June 4th hoping that some magic will happen .... but it's starting to feel like it did during the first window Rivian missed.

If I had known I would have missed my original delivery window; I would have ordered from the shop back in February.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
  • Ordered 12/2021
Bananas

hotsoup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model S, 2022 Polestar 2
Odd that you haven’t been assigned a guide. I received a guide in January I think. Not that the guide has done anything for me yet.
Yeah... I'm taking a "zen" approach and will just wait until something happens. I suppose a guide will be assigned when all's ready.

dixosw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Same. I'm in Rivian purgatory. Rivian reservations are more of a lottery than an orderly queue. March 2021 pre-order. Nothing weird, no dual-motor, no max-pack, I live by a service center etc.
Sponsored