Has any customer received at R1T yet?

thedole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Occupation
Brewmeister
I guess this is why we have the fast talking guy at the end of some commercials with all the minutia.
Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Why do every one of these "events" look like a pottery barn commercial? Both events- test drive at the factory and the party with past employees- just look so engineered and perfect.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I only read the tweet......I'm not concerned with who is in the picture, whether they are current, former employees, friends, or family. I'm not concerned if they are forum members. The only thing that matters, is whether some meet the condition laid out for us, in RJ's August update. That condition is: deliveries to preorder holders in September.

No one, that I'm aware of, has access to knowing who all received a Rivian, in the photo. No one, that I'm aware of, knows whether any, some, or all, of the people in the photo are preorder holders.

When RJ tweeted, about the vehicles being delivered to some of the earliest employees, it could have been worded that "the vehicles are being delivered to some of the earliest preorder holders, that are either current employees, past employees, friends, or family members, that have helped build our company." He chose to leave it vague and did not clarify. This has been typical of their communication.

I have no problem with you justifying, that at least two people mentioned above were preorder holders, which is a requirement for his August update to be true. Some will be skeptical. It is easy for Rivian to clarify their position, but so far they haven't. I doubt they will and you will probably continue to believe that at least two in the photo have preorders. That's not an unreasonable position. It's just not the same position that I take, being his statement was not clarified. You give Rivian the benefit of the doubt, whereas I need proof.

To me, what I think matters most is the way we individually interpreted RJ's August update, when we first read it. This is only an opinion on my part. I am not fond in the way Rivian communicates and wonder if their pattern will persist. People sometimes communicate without fully explaining, thinking the reader should know what they know. Perhaps this is what Rivian does. Maybe I should know all, or some of the people in the photo had paid deposits for a preorder.......but, I don't.

Then again, there is still one more day to clarify their statements, or perhaps deliveries will begin......or silence.
You‘re simultaneously saying you’re not worried about details like who‘s who but are hung up on semantics all the same.

I am not so much giving Rivian the benefit of the doubt as just not expending energy wondering when and why. It’s a luxury lifestyle product being manufactured during a global pandemic. It’ll happen when it happens.
Ultimately it’s just a truck.

Anyway, what we can agree on is that Rivian’s communications have been frustratingly lacking, and vague at best(it’s simpler to under promise and over deliver when nothing is really promised) when they are eventually meted out.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why do every one of these "events" look like a pottery barn commercial? Both events- test drive at the factory and the party with past employees- just look so engineered and perfect.
Because brand identity. Synergy. Leveraging cross channel frictionless paradigm shifts.

brianmartin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Camaro 2.0t
no one is confirmed to have a truck in their driveway. if someone who wasn't an employee did have a truck in their driveway, we would have heard about it. the problem is that current employees may be under instructions not to publicly discuss their vehicles until a certain date.

Sponsored

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Anyway, what we can agree on is that Rivian’s communications have been frustratingly lacking, and vague at best(it’s simpler to under promise and over deliver when nothing is really promised) when they are eventually meted out.
Agreed......We wouldn't be having this conversation, at all, if someplace, somewhere it can be found that there have been September deliveries made to preorder holders, not the earliest employees. The earliest employees could also be preorder holders, but that was left out, if they were..........and it was a "special night". Everyone can draw their own conclusion.

"A special night with some of Rivian's earliest employees and now earliest deliveries! Some of these families have been helping build our company for over 11 years. Thanks for all the hard work and dedication." @RJScaringe

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
For anyone thinking the employees got "bumped to the front of the line". I bet those early employees were simply given the opportunity to pre-order *before* the Nov 2018 unveiling. I seem to recall that the pre-order order #s started at like 1000 or 2000 or something. And there was a lot of speculation as to why. Maybe they simply had a few dozen/hundred employees that were given an option to pre-order before the public was.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
.... Maybe they simply had a few dozen/hundred employees that were given an option to pre-order before the public was.
That's reasonable. I'm okay with it, especially if I know upfront. It doesn't seem like it should be kept as secret. Rivian's method of communication creates speculation. This has been going on for quite some time.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
For anyone thinking the employees got "bumped to the front of the line". I bet those early employees were simply given the opportunity to pre-order *before* the Nov 2018 unveiling. I seem to recall that the pre-order order #s started at like 1000 or 2000 or something. And there was a lot of speculation as to why. Maybe they simply had a few dozen/hundred employees that were given an option to pre-order before the public was.
It very well could have been part of their employment agreements too.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
100%. Good for them! That said, I more mixed on if they should count toward 'pre-order customer' deliveries.

That's reasonable. I'm okay with it, especially if I know upfront. It doesn't seem like it should be kept as secret. Rivian's method of communication creates speculation. This has been going on for quite some time.
110%. For all the good that Rivian does, the communications behind deliveries continues to be abjectly terrible. It's almost like they are intentionally trying to make it bad.

Sponsored

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Communication has been horrible. As a (pretty) early preorder holder of an R1S in Canada....it's anyone's guess if I'll even get mine before fall of 2022. They claim (as recently as this weekend via CS email) that R1S deliveries to Canada are still on track for November.

But seeing as almost no one* in the US even has an R1T delivered and we are now 1 month and 1 day from November. There is virtually no chance of R1S deliveries let alone Canadian deliveries happening this year.

If they just came out and say there was a delay and here is the new eta. That would be a step forward. But this reminds me of the July deliveries that were officially announced as delayed....in June I think?

* Depending on definition of delivery

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
If you worked for a company or previously worked for a company which then put you at the front of the line to get the product, you think you'd have an unbiased opinion? And yes I understand they paid for it like everyone else. Just saying might not be as neutral as ordinary joe.
What does neutral have to do with any of it? Rivian made vehicles. Delivered them. Whether or not you value their opinion has nothing to do with their promises. Honestly if all those reviews from CO don’t satisfy your curiosity, I’m not sure what will

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeebus, I thought I'd checked every upgrade box available on my R1S, and I'm still almost 10k short of that. Guess I've got to go back and check a few more! ?
No big battery on R1S ?

I guess this is why we have the fast talking guy at the end of some commercials with all the minutia.
thanks for reminding me of my former email signature disclaimer(in 3pt font)
Rivian R1T R1S Has any customer received at R1T yet? 3D87487F-57B8-4F2D-976C-B09C5A73B78C

Last edited:

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
100%. Good for them! That said, I more mixed on if they should count toward 'pre-order customer' deliveries.
IMO, they should count if they were Pre-order customers. They may very well be, but we don't know that. No one can prove one way, or the other, as of now. I doubt we'll ever know. If Rivian were to disclose these earliest employees as pre-order customers, then we find out they weren't, could be devastating to Rivian, prior to their IPO. To not label them as pre-order customers, creates speculation (at least for me), which is what I suspect they want, rather than misrepresenting the truth. Why create speculation, when you could easily clarify your wording, unless there's a reason not to. There's always a reason.......or, I'm completely off base. All is good on my end. Some things don't add up for me. Just my opinion. Maybe it'll all be cleared up tomorrow.?.....or not.
Sponsored