John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Solutions Architect / Developer
Clubs

I have mine booked in for alignment checking at the local Rivian SC as during the last snow storm the truck slid sideways into a high pavement with quite the bang and knocked the alignment out. For comparison they have quoted $240.
Cleveland SC just quoted me 250 and I have similar story but with hitting a curb while doing a doughnut in the snow. I now gotta pay my own stupid tax. I didn't hit it very hard - truck was on its way to stopping on it's own them thump on bakc rear tire.

Have you noticed your steering wheel having to be turned slightly one way or another for truck to drive straight?
Sponsored

OP
OP
onebadmofo

onebadmofo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla MY LR
Occupation
I know how to exit VIM
Clubs

Steering wheel was off before and fine after alignment.
Unfortunately truck is a bit out of alignment again even though I never went off-roading and just driving around. Steering wheel isn't straight and it keeps pulling to the right.

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
Have you noticed your steering wheel having to be turned slightly one way or another for truck to drive straight?
Yep. I hit the curb with my front passenger tire. Steering wheel is off about 15 degrees to the left now, and pulls to the right of let go.

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Went a bit overzelaous off-roading and messed up alignment. Even though I have a service appointment in about 2 weeks I wanted to get it aligned sooner as not to prematurely wear tires because it was pretty bad. Truck was showing this error message

Called few shops, found one that already did an alignment on another R1T. Cost me about $200 with tax.

Spec sheet

One of the reasons it was out of alignment :D

And yes they did alignment on all 5 suspension levels. There was a guy sitting in the truck all the time and another two working suspension.
"What, you can roll these things? HOLD MY BEEEEEERRRRRRR!"

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Surprised I never saw this and provided my spec sheet and feedback.

Unfortunately, a SC is the best place for alignment. They're able to get into the software and change the "give" or whatever alignment process does for bounce. Something like 10mm instead of standard 20mm? I could be way off on specifics... it was a ton of info in the 30 seconds I was under the truck and being shown the process.

But yada yada yada... let the folks with expensive equipment do it right. This was early on last year when you could ask to see or learn anything... and basically wander a SC and just get smiles and stares.

Sponsored

suprteck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Mechanic
Went a bit overzelaous off-roading and messed up alignment. Even though I have a service appointment in about 2 weeks I wanted to get it aligned sooner as not to prematurely wear tires because it was pretty bad. Truck was showing this error message

oikeqikl.jpg

Called few shops, found one that already did an alignment on another R1T. Cost me about $200 with tax.

Spec sheet

KtynnOvl.jpg

One of the reasons it was out of alignment :D

And yes they did alignment on all 5 suspension levels. There was a guy sitting in the truck all the time and another two working suspension.
even though everything is in the green I would want the right rear toe and right rear camber closer to the middle if I was doing the alignment. Also the left front camber is .2 degrees more negative than the right which is going to cause the vehicle to drift to the right along with road crown. I would have made the left front camber more positive than the right.

OP
OP
onebadmofo

onebadmofo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla MY LR
Occupation
I know how to exit VIM
Clubs

even though everything is in the green I would want the right rear toe and right rear camber closer to the middle if I was doing the alignment. Also the left front camber is .2 degrees more negative than the right which is going to cause the vehicle to drift to the right along with road crown. I would have made the left front camber more positive than the right.
I have another appointment and an alignment is one of the trouble points so hopefully it's finally going to be dead on.
To clarify I've put about 3-4k miles since I started this thread.
Sponsored