First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I put down $2000 for an R1T and R1S on November 27th of 2018 and finally got a Rivian Guide to reach out to me. Talked to them yesterday and they reached out to me specifically because I selected the Ocean Coast interior they wanted me to know that unless I change to the Black Mountain it may be another 6 months to a year of waiting. He really could not lock down that timeframe. So I changed to the Black Mountain interior option with the Rivian Blue. Honestly disappointed but will put up with it. I wanted the lighter interior as where I live in San Diego the summers can get very hot, will be cooling down the truck from their app a LOT!

Now I am told it will be 1st or 2nd week of April to take delivery so that is AMAZING news!

I also ordered the camp kitchen, turns out those don't exist. As in outside a few demo units they do not exist. The guide has never seen one in person. Also there are zero reviews of them online from anyone but Rivian. I was promised a price lock for $5k on that when they become available. Attaching newest spec sheet.

Rivian R1T R1S Had call with Rivian Guide, delay on Ocean Coast interior R1T Price Fixed changed options.JPG
Sponsored

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

Good info. Thanks for sharing. Sorry about OC but another 6+ months would make me switch, too.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
One more complaint about all the different answers everyone is getting from CS and guides. This is pissing even me off, and I've generally had a lot of patience for this type of stuff. If non-BM interiors are delayed, tell everyone and give us all an opportunity to switch based on order date, not based on your sorted order of production that assumed there would be no delays for us non-BM selectors.

Frustrating to see Rivian bungling this as well. The right thing to do is very easy to identify - just revert back to order date/location and contact people in order, regardless of what interior they had selected.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Thank you for sharing. Did they mention your R1s at all? Or did all of this only apply to your R1t? Curious as a I have an R1s.

Sponsored

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

6 months to a year!?! For one of their earliest preorder holders…. Man, that’s some bs.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

One more complaint about all the different answers everyone is getting from CS and guides. This is pissing even me off, and I've generally had a lot of patience for this type of stuff. If non-BM interiors are delayed, tell everyone and give us all an opportunity to switch based on order date, not based on your sorted order of production that assumed there would be no delays for us non-BM selectors.

Frustrating to see Rivian bungling this as well. The right thing to do is very easy to identify - just revert back to order date/location and contact people in order, regardless of what interior they had selected.
I don’t understand why Rivian doesn’t get this for people who have been waiting a long time.

It doesn’t apply to me since I haven’t been waiting as long and I’ll wait as long as necessary to get Ocean Coast (maybe Forest Edge?) as black is a true deal-killer for us. I can still see how a lot of people will switch if given the choice.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I'm hopping into chat to complain. I know they won't have any info for me, but they can file my complaint at the way this is going.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
The right thing to do is very easy to identify - just revert back to order date/location and contact people in order, regardless of what interior they had selected.
I'm sorry but that would just be too logical.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
First of all, congrats on the April delivery confirmation. That is awesome! :turkey:

Sorry about your OC interior - hopefully the BM is good enough that it will keep you happy. I had the same concern about the interior color and summer heat here in CO, but after hearing from the early owners the glass roof seems to do a good job mitigating that so I switched to the more dog friendly BM color myself.

OP
OP
DannyC

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I asked about the R1S but no info on that.

My guess is that Rivian is under pressure to get trucks out quickly with Ford on their heals. If they can have their interior department concentrate on just one style they can pump out deliveries faster. I have heard where people have pre-orders in for Rivian, F150 lightings, and Cyber trucks. Whatever they get first just cancel the other pre-orders. My guess is Ford is going to start shipping late this year. The more trucks Rivian can have on the road the happier customers and investors will be.

My wife made a good point that with the price I will be paying I could sell my truck even in a few years and get a new one with all the exact options I want and sell my old truck for more than I paid. Time will tell. I am just happy that I will soon be a Rivian owner. Finally...

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
6 months to a year? That's insane. It's not like they have to actually change anything in production, you just put in the different color. Did someone forget to order the OC/FE materials?? :CWL:

Rivian is a bizarre company.

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
Interesting, considering yesterday my guide confirmed we are still on target delivery of May (or sooner) for OC interior...and I have seen another TX confirmation for Rivian Blue with OC set to take delivery in April in the forums...

Maybe this is hot off the press info internally that hasn't filtered to the guides yet...guess I'll just continue to *patiently wait*

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I put down $2000 for an R1T and R1S on November 27th of 2018 and finally got a Rivian Guide to reach out to me. Talked to them yesterday and they reached out to me specifically because I selected the Ocean Coast interior they wanted me to know that unless I change to the Black Mountain it may be another 6 months to a year of waiting. He really could not lock down that timeframe. So I changed to the Black Mountain interior option with the Rivian Blue. Honestly disappointed but will put up with it. I wanted the lighter interior as where I live in San Diego the summers can get very hot, will be cooling down the truck from their app a LOT!

Now I am told it will be 1st or 2nd week of April to take delivery so that is AMAZING news!

I also ordered the camp kitchen, turns out those don't exist. As in outside a few demo units they do not exist. The guide has never seen one in person. Also there are zero reviews of them online from anyone but Rivian. I was promised a price lock for $5k on that when they become available. Attaching newest spec sheet.

R1T Price Fixed changed options.JPG
One consolation is the BM is not really black so not as dark as the name implies.

Hopefully you have seen it in person.
Sponsored