Sponsored

Had anyone else had all of the “you’re close” events but still no truck?

ArWonTee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Airline Pilot
I’m a 02/20 R1T LE El Cap, 20” AT preorder. I’ve had a guide for over a year. My config has been locked since probably Feb. I signed the PBA months ago. I live 15 minutes from the Boston service center. But I’m delayed until Oct/Nov per the mass email and my guide told me that my “truck wasn’t moving through production so we have to find you a new one.” I’m back on indefinite hold. Is this something that anyone else has waded through? How are all of these 2021 orders taking delivery with similar configs and I’ve checked every box and it’s peanuts? Is it a guide issue? Everyone keeps saying “you got a guide you’re good to go.” But I’ve had one for over a year.

edit: I also received the whole “get ready for purchase email months ago as well.”
Sponsored

Boudro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kona EV & Tacoma
I would push for the Rivian R1 shop access and keep bugging your guide for it.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Might be due to the AT tires since Rivian has mostly been doing 21s. I got assigned a VIN today for a Boston delivery and my guide confirmed that it's mostly 21s coming off the line right now. I expect that that's also slowing/limiting LE orders since most LE orders would be with a wheel upgrade.

If you want to hold fast to your config then there's not much else you can do but wait, but if you want a sooner delivery and are willing to give up on 20s and/or LE, your guide may be able to help you do that.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

VERY few trucks with 20s. There are multiple reports of trucks getting shipped without ordered spares because the wheels are so hard to come by.

You didnt mention it, but reinforced underbody shields are also pain points right now.

sickhews

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback
I've had a guide nearly seven weeks with no truck, and it's been rough seeing loads of other folks get their guides after me and get their trucks delivered. My guide quoted me 4-8 weeks to delivery back in mid-May.

In my case my delay is almost certainly due to my location (NC). I completely understand why I haven't gotten it yet, given the nearest service center is in Atlanta and it's likely servicing the entire region / several states, but I really wish Rivian wouldn't have contacted me until the truck was actually in production. This whole "it could happen any day" feeling isn't great when it comes to such a large financial purchase. Not to mention I'm trying to keep my calendar open to give myself as much flexibility as possible.

I'm also keenly aware that this is the literal definition of a first world problem / "a good problem to have" but I wish Rivian could've held off on contacting me until it was actually going to happen.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
ArWonTee

ArWonTee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Airline Pilot
I've had a guide nearly seven weeks with no truck, and it's been rough seeing loads of other folks get their guides after me and get their trucks delivered. My guide quoted me 4-8 weeks to delivery back in mid-May.

In my case my delay is almost certainly due to my location (NC). I completely understand why I haven't gotten it yet, given the nearest service center is in Atlanta and it's likely servicing the entire region / several states, but I really wish Rivian wouldn't have contacted me until the truck was actually in production. This whole "it could happen any day" feeling isn't great when it comes to such a large financial purchase. Not to mention I'm trying to keep my calendar open to give myself as much flexibility as possible.

I'm also keenly aware that this is the literal definition of a first world problem / "a good problem to have" but I wish Rivian could've held off on contacting me until it was actually going to happen.
Having my guide for over a year has been extremely frustrating for these reasons exactly. I live 15 minutes from a service center. Seeing all these people who put in orders for my same spec take delivery almost a year since I got my guide has me up a wall. I’ve had that 4-8 weeks quote like 3 times now. I don’t know if a truck ever existed for me.

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
@ArWonTee it's been an emotional roller coaster for me. Admittedly, I haven't waited nearly as long (Jan 2022 preorder) as some people and I anticipated waiting much longer, but I won the Rivian lottery to some degree. About 7 weeks ago, I reached out to CS and said I was flexible on build and even on location where I would get it (including factory) since I had heard they were having some trouble getting delivery drivers. A few days went by, and I got a guide...and the same day we locked my configuration, I matched to a truck that was built. I didn't get the 22's like I wanted, but I got the 21s on it, but after a few days I got cocky and decided to not cave and asked to find one with 22s or 20s and she did, but that match fell through after a week, and then was rematched, only to lose that one as well due to recall issue. So there I sat for the last month in purgatory as they rolled out the new shop and then the manual guide process matching switched to more automated and I had no idea when to expect it all. Then today I got the 8 step email and I matched to my original configuration. I know I'm very lucky and need to go get a lottery ticket.
Sponsored