FTWRS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser
Occupation
Consulting
Hey everyone-

Long time lurker, first time poster. Have really enjoyed reading all the content, many thanks.

I’ve had my reservation since April 2019. Originally the R1T, but after driving it in May decided it wasn’t the best fit for me so switched to the S. My window is Aug-Sep

My guide reached out today and said that if I wanted to change my configuration he could get me in the S now. I’ve ordered Limestone, FE, 20 AT. My alternate options were all with BM. Said I could have Limestone or White, or a few other colors. Told him I would probably wait for my configuration, but would let him know for sure tomorrow. He seemed to think that I shouldn’t have to wait too much longer, but did make the point that most of what he is seeing on builds has BM right now. I also asked how long from when I say yes (whether it’s one of these, or my original config) he said normally delivery is 4-8 weeks which I thought seemed long.

He also confirmed that the Dallas service center is open which bodes well for me and delivery.

Anyway, for those looking for any S updates, thought my guide call today was interesting.
Sponsored

jammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camry, Sienna
Interesting... So far most of the R1S deliveries neither have FE interior nor 21' wheels

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Thanks for the update.
As an optimist, it seems production of the R1S is ramping up nicely. I wonder if an R1S "Store" will pop up in the not too distant future.
It may also be that batch builds are employed for line efficiency, and right now they're cranking out a large group of BM interiors.
Either way, congrats on getting close to the home stretch!

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
Hey everyone-

Long time lurker, first time poster. Have really enjoyed reading all the content, many thanks.

I’ve had my reservation since April 2019. Originally the R1T, but after driving it in May decided it wasn’t the best fit for me so switched to the S. My window is Aug-Sep

My guide reached out today and said that if I wanted to change my configuration he could get me in the S now. I’ve ordered Limestone, FE, 20 AT. My alternate options were all with BM. Said I could have Limestone or White, or a few other colors. Told him I would probably wait for my configuration, but would let him know for sure tomorrow. He seemed to think that I shouldn’t have to wait too much longer, but did make the point that most of what he is seeing on builds has BM right now. I also asked how long from when I say yes (whether it’s one of these, or my original config) he said normally delivery is 4-8 weeks which I thought seemed long.

He also confirmed that the Dallas service center is open which bodes well for me and delivery.

Anyway, for those looking for any S updates, thought my guide call today was interesting.

Very interesting!
Thanks for posting. I have the same configuration but in socal and oct/Dec delivery.
I was hoping to see some deliveries with FE, but none so far!
Maybe it's a one off exception, but guide calling and offering a BM does not sound encouraging!

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Thanks! This is news I can use! It at least gives hope that some R1S reservation holders could get moved up. Too bad they seem determined to give everyone BM's

(snicker)

Sponsored

gsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 infiniti G37 convertible, 2010 expedition
Occupation
retired computer designer
Clubs

frustrating for me. Since 3/19 I have a R1S GW/BM/22 on order. One hour from SSF. Other than Oct/Dec window no comm Have vacillated on underbody. Currently have it, but only thinking better chance of early deliv. Why don't they call interested parties!

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Again, for any of those who don’t want a BM R1S, here is a screenshot of a 4 day old post on Reddit FWIW who’s FE R1S is ready for assembly. You don’t have to take a laxative apparently….
Rivian R1T R1S Guide offered me alternate R1S today 4F39F342-619D-4458-AA8F-26F0630B142B

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
frustrating for me. Since 3/19 I have a R1S GW/BM/22 on order. One hour from SSF. Other than Oct/Dec window no comm Have vacillated on underbody. Currently have it, but only thinking better chance of early deliv. Why don't they call interested parties!
I feel you. 11/2018 order, 15 mins from SSF, r1s/le/lg/20”at/bm but not a peep. Seems like different guides have different levels of proactive sourcing etc. really like my guide on an interpersonal level but she has never offered any info that suggested order timing or availability of options.

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Hey everyone-

What is "BM"?

Sponsored

steve1081

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model S, 2021 Yukon Denali, R1S LE
I am November ‘19 R1S preorder and taking delivery today. I have Black (BM) interior and it seems like almost all getting vehicles do. If you want it now and are ok with black then it seems like you should switch in your config to black. This is typical of a production ramp especially when publicly traded and delivery numbers are everything for the stock price.

my expertise was about 2 weeks from getting an email and guide contact I got the delivery date. Much faster than I expected after almost 3 years of waiting.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Again, for any of those who don’t want a BM R1S, here is a screenshot of a 4 day old post on Reddit FWIW who’s FE R1S is ready for assembly. You don’t have to take a laxative apparently….
4F39F342-619D-4458-AA8F-26F0630B142B.png
There's no evidence of FE actually entering production. The poster is interpreting the "time to confirm your configuration" email as the vehicle being ready for assembly. Confirming your configuration simply puts you into the queue to be matched to a R1S, but you could still be waiting months before they build the desired configuration. This email should not be confused with the 8 steps email, which would indicate they've actually built and matched the poster to a R1S.

Last edited:

RDB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Sounds like the same production scheduling that the R1T went through. Get the most common done first...that seemed to include 20 AT and BM.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

S crew reliving the anxious days of FE configured R1T's at the beginning... it was at least two solid months of seeing BW come off the line before the first public FE interior. Once that happened it opened a floodgate of FEs. So could be November'ish
Sponsored