Sponsored

Guide gave me an official R1S delay

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I find it odd anyone is evening mentioning employee deliveries are occurring. With the R1T deliveries we saw photos of them on semi trailers, staged at service centers, and even a few driving on the road. There has been none of that with the R1S. I doubt any even get into employee hands for another couple weeks at best.
Summer sometime
Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I do not think there are as many R1S employee reservations. When I was at Aqua Dolce a team member I talked to said he was going to order an R1S but the employee deal was only on the R1T so he went with that. Assuming that was the policy the entire time I would assume the majority of employee reservations were trucks.
The majority, sure, but we’re not talking 99% R1T to 1% R1S. It might be 60-65% R1T at most, which still leaves enough employee R1S orders for them to fulfill and us to spot in the wild.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I do not think there are as many R1S employee reservations. When I was at Aqua Dolce a team member I talked to said he was going to order an R1S but the employee deal was only on the R1T so he went with that. Assuming that was the policy the entire time I would assume the majority of employee reservations were trucks.
How sweet is the deal?

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Talked with my guide today and was told R1S production is planned to ramp in June and July. Also that the R1S manual is coming out shortly. BTW, I have an April / May delivery, signed PBA so I figured they are prioritizing employee vehicles again first and we will see customer vehicles in the next few months.
RIP my July-Sept delivery window for my R1S in Canada. Not actually surprised....just majorly disappointed for yet another delay....it will be almost 4 years from preorder to delivery if it's pushed to the fall. That's a long wait.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
How sweet is the deal?
He would not confirm the amount when I talked to him.

Some reports said they paid full price then were getting 1k a month for 24 months as long as they stayed with the company during that time. I’ve never been able to independently verify that though so don’t quote me. It was designed as compensation to help with employ retention and for Use as pilot vehicles.

Sponsored

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
RIP my July-Sept delivery window for my R1S in Canada. Not actually surprised....just majorly disappointed for yet another delay....it will be almost 4 years from preorder to delivery if it's pushed to the fall. That's a long wait.
I had been saying for months there was no chance R1S' would be delivered in 2022 to Canada, now I think even 2023 is unlikely. Anyway, nice to see they are still waiting until the last day of a window to announce delays - I guess you and I will know more on August 31st.

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Not surprising, unfortunately. No one has actually seen a real R1S on the road. It’s all old footage from Rivian or from auto shows. It won’t start in earnest until publications start to get their hands on them. Otherwise, it’s just a waiting game.

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
If you had to guess, what type of delay are you all expecting for the US? 3 months? 6?

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
He would not confirm the amount when I talked to him.

Some reports said they paid full price then were getting 1k a month for 24 months as long as they stayed with the company during that time. I’ve never been able to independently verify that though so don’t quote me. It was designed as compensation to help with employ retention and for Use as pilot vehicles.
I have seen this benefit quoted a couple of different places. If true, it would be hard to justify giving up $24,000 toward a similar vehicle that you could get earlier. I would bet there are VERY few R1S employee deliveries. I don’t need a truck, but I would have ordered one just to get the $24,000.

Sponsored

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3
April/May

guide: “I can share that R1S deliveries are scheduled to happen early June!”

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3
Rivian R1T R1S Guide gave me an official R1S delay 10D85FD6-FAE5-482C-B458-8387CB98FC66
Rivian R1T R1S Guide gave me an official R1S delay F7E6A40A-5516-4C27-9455-F385919B3ABF

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
Patient Rivian Pre-Order Holder
April/May

guide: “I can share that R1S deliveries are scheduled to happen early June!”
If I get mine by July, I'll be psyched!

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
Similar to other posts, this came from my guide this morning….

For the R1S, the information I have is that we will begin deliveries the end of this month with the focus on production and delivery ramp into June and July. Of course, depending on your preorder date and configuration will determine when yours will be ready to start production. Pretty soon, R1S customers will get a new estimated delivery window.

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

Similar to other posts, this came from my guide this morning….

For the R1S, the information I have is that we will begin deliveries the end of this month with the focus on production and delivery ramp into June and July. Of course, depending on your preorder date and configuration will determine when yours will be ready to start production. Pretty soon, R1S customers will get a new estimated delivery window.
Oh joy… just wish it would come with more transparency and accuracy or regular updates (not every 6 months…)
Sponsored