Sponsored

Guide contacts not mentioned in delivery window email?

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
I’m surprised that the delivery window email made no mention of guide contacts. I wonder if Rivian is rethinking that part of the order process.
Sponsored

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
My guess is they wanted to leave the guides out of it because there'd be 30k angry people yelling at them this week.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

What do you need a guide for? at this point they don't know more than the collective knowledge of this forum.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I would not expect Guide contact until roughly 30 days prior to your delivery window. I think it is obvious from yesterday's email that most of us are far from final preparation for delivery. I believe the few people that have heard from their Guide were part of the 2021 "false start" before Rivian decided to shift the initial deliveries to employees and encountered additional delays.

Rivian R1T R1S Guide contacts not mentioned in delivery window email? riv_guide

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I'm guessing the guide concept was from the previous marketing and sales vp.

They might be moving away from it.

Sponsored

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
I expect those of us that have not finalized our orders to hear from a Guide around 60 days before the delivery window to lock in configuration.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
What do you need a guide for? at this point they don't know more than the collective knowledge of this forum.
I think the point is at least acknowledging that the guide contact didn't happen. Whether you have a guide or not is honestly probably irrelevant. They obviously aren't given enough information to reliably inform customers about the product or delivery status. At least prior to September Rivian acknowledged when they missed a target. Since then it seems like things are just getting swept under the rug. I very much hope that they caught *something* in this initial ramp up (whether the tonneau or something else) that they're trying to address, and I'd appreciate knowing what it is (a la Ford with the soft top). Otherwise it just reads like they were intentionally pushing out a small number of half baked product and a bunch of controlled reviews nearly a year in advance of public deliveries just to pump an IPO.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
My guess is they wanted to leave the guides out of it because there'd be 30k angry people yelling at them this week.
Instead they sacrificed their CS team to the (LE) wolves. ?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I don't know, I haven't really seen anyone that's angry over getting their delivery timeline. If anything, I'm probably the most vocal about being annoyed with Rivian and that's because of other issues. I think most of us were expecting this given the October delays.
Sponsored