Sponsored

Guide Contacted: R1S Ocean Coast | OCT/DEC | Confirm your Config email at 12am Oct 1st

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
You know how vague they can be… but since I still didn’t have a revised window I kept pinging them about every 3 weeks. This last time they said it is realistically 1st half 2023, but probably on the earlier side of 2023 due to my early reservation date. They did offer me a vehicle in 8 weeks if I changed to BM interior and a different exterior color, which I declined. With those two data points one would assume only BM until closer to the new year. Always holding out hope for sooner, but trying to be realistic too.
I know that vagueness all too well! Really disappointing to hear that they're saying not until 2023. Batching is fine and good, but if they have all the materials - and they're making R1Ts in all colors, so they do - they should be able to make all of us early LE R1S orders our vehicles in the next couple of months. At least those of us in areas they're currently delivering to!

All of a sudden I'm finding myself more sympathetic to the R1Ts who were going through this last spring!
Sponsored

Corewhit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, LEXUS GX460
Occupation
Exec
Stay tuned - call with guide to confirm all this information in one hour (4:30 EST). I'll make sure she opens my order and possibly reach out to another guide to confirm or something.
Any new info from your guide conversation?

OP
OP
johnnylawson

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Solutions Architect / Developer
Clubs

Any new info from your guide conversation?
I waited by my phone for 2 hours... feeling stood up and got a text from her she came down with Covid, trying to stay on top of calls from home, and is going to try to call me this morning.

Corewhit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, LEXUS GX460
Occupation
Exec
Bummer! Such a rollercoaster 😜

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
My Question to my guide yesterday: "Do you have any insight on if batching for R1S’s will next switch to Ocean Coast or Forest Edge? Or perhaps both in parallel?"

My Guide's Answer today: "Guides unfortunately do not have much insight into production schedules. While I am starting to see R1S production ramp, I do not have insight into when certain configuration combinations will be built."

Sponsored

OP
OP
johnnylawson

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Clubs

Just got off phone with guide. She said Yes, she knows for sure the R1S is in production now with ocean coast. She advised me not to change to BM since she knows Ocean coast is being made. She said I'm one of the lucky first to be contacted with ocean coast.

I said are you sure like 3 times because I was going to communicate this on the forums and she said yes she is sure.

If this turns out to be wrong - don't shoot me the messenger :)

Now just awaiting to be matched with one then 8 step.

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Well that's fantastic. Congratulations on the great news. Hopefully my confirm config email will come s00n. I'd be happy to jump back to OC if I can still get it this year.

Corewhit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, LEXUS GX460
Occupation
Exec
That’s awesome news! Have you checked the data code (whatever they call it) on your Rivian account page to see if the config status has changed? I’m suspecting it should be changed to “selected for fulfillment” or changing soon.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I waited by my phone for 2 hours... feeling stood up and got a text from her she came down with Covid, trying to stay on top of calls from home, and is going to try to call me this morning.
Using the old "Covid trick".... well played

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Just got off phone with guide. She said Yes, she knows for sure the R1S is in production now with ocean coast. She advised me not to change to BM since she knows Ocean coast is being made. She said I'm one of the lucky first to be contacted with ocean coast.

I said are you sure like 3 times because I was going to communicate this on the forums and she said yes she is sure.

If this turns out to be wrong - don't shoot me the messenger :)

Now just awaiting to be matched with one then 8 step.
Don't suppose you asked about FE too? Why that would be held up when they've been making R1Ts with it for a while is beyond me, but many Rivian decisions are...

Sponsored

OP
OP
johnnylawson

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Clubs

That’s awesome news! Have you checked the data code (whatever they call it) on your Rivian account page to see if the config status has changed? I’m suspecting it should be changed to “selected for fulfillment” or changing soon.
I've heard about this. How is this done? Dev tools on the browser?

SecretService

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Granite R1T with 22” black wheels
Occupation
New home sales
Just wish there was some sort of rhyme or reason to rivian’s timelines… hard to make financial planning decisions when they make their choices so randomly… ~frustrated may 2019 preorder holder… R1S white exterior/ocean cost interior/black sport 22s.

Corewhit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, LEXUS GX460
Occupation
Exec
I've heard about this. How is this done? Dev tools on the browser?
Yes you need to be on a PC/Mac and open up a browser. On a PC hit F12 or on a mac you right click then click Inspect.

The browser window will sort of split in 2.
In the address bar of the browser go to your rivian.com account and sign in.

Then on the Inspect side of the screen click the Network tab and then the Magnifying icon to open up the search bar. Type in configurationstatus

Click on the line right below graphql
in the right side window it will show 1 really long line of code.
click at the bottom of the window the {} symbol which will put it into a paragraph type structure.

You'll see in the second paragraph all the details about your order and under fulfillmentsumary status it will say: Pending_Fulfillment or Selected_for_Fulfillment...

OP
OP
johnnylawson

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Clubs

Says
state":"ORDERED","
configurationStatus":"SOFT_LOCKED",
"currency":"USD","
orderDate":"2020-0908T02:06:09.179Z",
"type":"VEHICLE",
"fulfillmentSummaryStatus":"PENDING_FULFILLMENT",

Corewhit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, LEXUS GX460
Occupation
Exec
You’ll know something’s starting to progress when that changes. You’ll see selected for fulfillment and maybe a VIN #. Right now you’re in the same boat as the rest of us with guides. Update us when it changes. Welcome to a new obsession of checking that code daily 😝
Sponsored