Sponsored

Guide Contacted: R1S Ocean Coast | OCT/DEC | Confirm your Config email at 12am Oct 1st

Chinna

First Name
Naren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, MACH-E4X
Occupation
Software developer
Just got off phone with guide. She said Yes, she knows for sure the R1S is in production now with ocean coast. She advised me not to change to BM since she knows Ocean coast is being made. She said I'm one of the lucky first to be contacted with ocean coast.

I said are you sure like 3 times because I was going to communicate this on the forums and she said yes she is sure.

If this turns out to be wrong - don't shoot me the messenger :)

Now just awaiting to be matched with one then 8 step.
How far is service center form your place ?
Sponsored

JPC

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Limestone - Forest Edge - 21"
That's odd. My guide told me today that the R1S is "being produced exclusively with the black mountain interior". "We should start producing R1S with the Ocean Coast and Forest Edge Interior closer to the new year."
An employee told me a few days ago that he thinks they are already producing the R1S in Ocean Coast, but that he bets Forest Edge is a ways out.

OP
OP
johnnylawson

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Solutions Architect / Developer
Clubs

How far is service center form your place ?
4 hours. One little thing that may of helped?? I told Customer Service Rep last month to please mark on my account I was wanting and willing to do a factory pickup. Guide said she's putting the plant as my delivery address yesterday and said she really likes that idea and is all for it. Also, I will cut about 1-2 weeks off of delivery she said doing that.

Blakeney

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ram 1500 Limited, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
I have the dilema with being original ocean coast, then changing to BM to the delay. Now I have Oct-Dec delivery and low and behold after RJ said they will not mix and interiors, they do it and it looks great, other than the white steering wheel. Now I want OC again but afraidā€¦ they cause me too much stress! Shouldnā€™t be this difficult

OP
OP
johnnylawson

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Clubs

I have the dilema with being original ocean coast, then changing to BM to the delay. Now I have Oct-Dec delivery and low and behold after RJ said they will not mix and interiors, they do it and it looks great, other than the white steering wheel. Now I want OC again but afraidā€¦ they cause me too much stress! Shouldnā€™t be this difficult
I was BM, 9/9 changed to OC, Changed back to BM a week ago, then changed to OC Friday, got confirm config email Saturday at 12am.... because I chose OC - nooo idea lol

Sponsored

Chinna

First Name
Naren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, MACH-E4X
Occupation
Software developer
4 hours. One little thing that may of helped?? I told Customer Service Rep last month to please mark on my account I was wanting and willing to do a factory pickup. Guide said she's putting the plant as my delivery address yesterday and said she really likes that idea and is all for it. Also, I will cut about 1-2 weeks off of delivery she said doing that.
Wow Nice.. but for me it's 15 hours drive..I don't have that option.. I think pickup from service center will not change much right ?

Blakeney

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was BM, 9/9 changed to OC, Changed back to BM a week ago, then changed to OC Friday, got confirm config email Saturday at 12am.... because I chose OC - nooo idea lol
Bbaaaahhh what the poo?!, and Iā€™m a year earlier than you.. gosh theyā€™re frustrating haha

Blakeney

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CS just told me with 100% certainty they are producing R1S in Ocean Coast, take it with a grain of salt

OP
OP
johnnylawson

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Clubs

CS just told me with 100% certainty they are producing R1S in Ocean Coast, take it with a grain of salt
Photos should be out in the wild soon I would think

Sponsored

Blakeney

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The CS agent was based at the plant also

jcornish

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E550
Curious if any other Oct - Dec window folks with R1S got this email around midnight EST time to confirm your config? I now have a guide too. Exactly October 1st, at 12AM I get an email. Almost want to wake the wife up to tell her ha.
I too have OC and made my deposit Dec 2018. I have heard nothing.....

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
Seems like R1S ramp is going really slow. Does not look like they learned anything from the R1T ramp. They just keep pumping out more R1Ts which is a hindrance for R1S.

There has not been a big R1S guide push so far. Like for R1T a whole bunch of forum members got guide contacts in one week. It's just been handful of members for R1S so far.

It's just disappointing how it's being handled.

Hoo D. Hoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Prius, 2022 Pacifica PHEV, 2023 Bolt EUV
Occupation
Curmudgeon
Just wish there was some sort of rhyme or reason to rivianā€™s timelinesā€¦ hard to make financial planning decisions when they make their choices so randomlyā€¦ ~frustrated may 2019 preorder holderā€¦ R1S white exterior/ocean cost interior/black sport 22s.
I feel your pain.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Seems like R1S ramp is going really slow. Does not look like they learned anything from the R1T ramp....
How do you know this to be a fact?

Just venting?

Given that examples we see of fit and finish for the exterior of R1S already delivered, Rivian needs to correct it at the factory before they are shipped. Hope they are addressing them.

Mechanically, they share vast majority of components. There is a significant difference between a truck and an SUV, such as the 3rd row, rear hatch and all that goes with it. For those, there is no lessons learned from the truck line.

My sense from reading posts from people who have visited the factory is that they are making more than most people think. Its just that the inventory of shipments are lagging to the SCs and those waiting see others getting theirs and feel left out.

Go have fun doing something else that you control and not be dragged down by things that you cannot control.... Cheers!
Sponsored